Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Big Brother-the show(s)

N.O.R.F   

I was in the UK recently and the thing was unavoidable. Everywhere, newspapers, adverts BB this and BB that. Its a digusting show where a bunch dumb and wierd people are put together for all to view. Add some alcohol and games then you have what the viewers want. The topic of conversation in offices up and down the country is BB :rolleyes:

Khayr   

It is ajeeb/strange that these shows have come to exist in such a vaccum. Meaning in a matter of 4-5yrs, these shows have become worldwide. Popping up in many host countries that are trying to mimick these idiocies.

By the waym, the U.S. BB shows are very tame compared to the UK and other euro BB shows.

^^ Com'n North there are plenty of educational and beneficial shows on T.V.

Take EastEnders for example, you learn the thinking of a considerable majority in this country and get to pick up a bit of Cockney along the way.

And remember Brookside ... i have a weak spot for scouser lasses kidder.

Com'n am sure u keep ureself apdated through their BBC site admit it North. I have not watched Enders for months and months, but if i was there was any interesting story lines i would have by now through the girls at work, so i guess is all lame up in Albert Square.

Move over BB... Hello [Celebrity] Love Island!

Trash TV..err, sorry, I mean reality shows are popular everywhere, aren't they? It's akin to viewing a horrific roadside crash.

Nothing beats property and gardening shows.

My evenings and weekends are spent watching programmes like Location, Location, Location; Property Ladder; Put Your Money Where Your House Is; Weed it and Reap; Would You Buy a House With a Stranger?; Increase Your House Price By £10K... etc., etc. Educational and entertaining. Thank God for E4 & UKTV!

Khayr   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Move over
BB
... Hello [Celebrity]
Love Island
!

Trash TV..err, sorry, I mean
reality shows
are popular everywhere, aren't they? It's akin to viewing a horrific roadside crash.

Nothing beats property and gardening shows.

My evenings and weekends are spent watching programmes like
Location, Location, Location
;
Property Ladder
;
Put Your Money Where Your House Is
;
Weed it and Reap
;
Would You Buy a House With a Stranger?
;
Increase Your House Price By £10K
... etc., etc. Educational
and
entertaining. Thank God for E4 & UKTV!

Why so many shows of late, about fixing up homes and prices of homes etc.?

Less shows about family life and the nuclear family.

A home is no longer viewed as a place to raise a family but rather, a place to make Money and more Money and more Money. :rolleyes:

SubhanAllah, we live in a world full of empty shells.

^ There are plenty of shows about family life and stuff. Am just not interested in watching them.

A home is no longer viewed as a place to raise a family but rather, a place to make Money and more Money and more Money.

What's wrong with doing both? Properties are commodities, an investment into your (and your children's) future. So why not raise your children while making money out of your home also? It makes perfect sense to me.

SubhanAllah, we live in a world full of empty shells.

If only that was so, I would be able to find one to live in. There really should be more empty shells out there.

Shakti   

bigbrother.... i wanna know why dont they name the show.. bigsister??

that clip on ahmed.. reminds me of someone i know....lol

such annoying being..

i personally cant stand reality shows ... i mean why would anyone waste their time on watching a reality show.....isnt ur own life reality not enough??????