Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Yahoo asks: Why do Soomaali people all look so similar?

Pujah   

There was a time when all kenyans looked alike to mee, then all Americans looked the same for a minute now all indho yar seem the same to mee ...it's a phase people.

Modesty   

dhulqaryn wrote

Do most Somalis have a forehead or is it just a generalized stereotype? cause i don't have one and most folk i know don't either but my 4 1/2 year old nephew does and when he bothers me i grab his head and shake it lol the miskiin can't even free himself cause the size of his head enables a good grip..

Not all have the "dreaded" forehead..I certainly don't. LOL and quit hurting the little kid!

Rose   

Originally posted by Northerner:

<<< Unique

Many a time i have been taken for being an eritrean by both eritreans AND SOMALS..an ethipoian by an ethipoian.I think most east africans look similar. But I do think Somalis look similar, I can usually spot one from a mile away LOL

peasant   

no man you lack facial recognition abilities ..that is a 8 girls and 6 boys. The back raw is entirely girls except the short dude with black suite and the white shirt.

Large foreheads and buck teeth are human traits that anyone can have. Honestly, when outsiders stereotype us it doesn't bother me. Its when Somalis themselves who perepetuate these false claims that its annoying. Be proud of your big forehead but understand that not all Somalis have one too.

Ariadne   

I went to the health food store yesterday and bought a few things and as I was leaving the market the womanbehind the counter chased after to me and was like wait come back so I went back to the store

and she showed me this health card and asked is this yours

I looked at it and here is what I saw:

a fat middle-aged Italian or Greek man with a long geri-curl mullet

so I screamed No! at her and walked off in a huff

I can always tell when people are Somali, but aparently Asian health food store owners can't

and as for the big forehead it's a sign of intelliegence ( a developed frontal lobe ..where reason and logic live)

Originally posted by Cara:

^We could make a little extra income and rent it out for adverts.

pure genius.