Sign in to follow this  
me

Somali pirates 'seize 30 tanks'

me   

Somali pirates 'seize 30 tanks'

Pirates off the coast of Somalia have seized a Ukrainian ship carrying T-72 tanks, an official has said.

Ukraine's foreign ministry said the ship had a crew of 21 and was sailing under a Belize flag to the Kenyan port of Mombasa.

A report from Russia's Interfax news agency said earlier that the ship had a cargo of about 30 tanks, as well as spare parts for armoured vehicles.

There has been a recent surge in piracy off the coast of Somalia.

Somali pirates are currently holding more than a dozen hijacked ships in the base in Eyl, a town in the semi-autonomous region of Puntland.

Andrew Mwngura, who runs the Kenya chapter of the Seafarers Assistance Programme, confirmed to the BBC that the Ukrainian ship seized by pirates was carrying a cargo of tanks.

The tanks were due to be delivered to South Sudan.

Link

nuune   

Woooow, then I guess the ransom would be very high since each tank costs on the market about half a million, not sure, that is what Aabo Siyaad used to buy from Russia, maybe they cost more now.

The pirates are getting stronger, am surprised!!!

me   

The headlines today are not good for Somali's.

I already see the links being made and the excuses for further 'interventions' conjured up.

nuune   

The most corrupted country on the face of earth ayaaba Somalia laga dhigey, ma bad headlines ayaan dan ka leenahay.

Let them give us all kinds of titles, one day Inshaa Allaah, Somalia would be geela horweynta ee dhaanka ah to the rest of the world!!

me   

I am starting to think JB wuu faraxsanyahay maanta. The stars are lining up for him and those that wish Somalis harm.

NGONGE   

^^ I love the way your country is burning and continues to burn yet you worry about bad headlines and other nonsense. You give Somalis a bad name, warya. Get a darn grip.

me   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I love the way your country is burning and continues to burn yet you worry about bad headlines and other nonsense. You give Somalis a bad name, warya. Get a darn grip.

It's funny how you disassociate yourself from Somalis and then pretend to come up for them in the those two sentances. And it seems JB is not the only know who 'loves to see Somalia burning' Yaa Ngonge.

Hunguri   

Good for the pirates. They are doing a great job. The cost, that western guys have been using to burry toxic and neuclear waste have turned to become a booming economy check point sea block. Waa niman raga weeye ha shaqqaysteen.

Nin qadhoon hela

Nin Quwaax hela

Hala qabaxsado!

NGONGE   

^^ See what I mean? Always the trivial nonsense is what worries you about Somalia. Bal what has JB (or his opinion for that matter) got to do with pirates or stolen tanks?

Your kind of patriot does not encourage any support or commiseration, only pity. Shame you don't realise it. :(

N.O.R.F   

Not only have they siezed this ship, they tried to attack a US Navy Oil Supply Ship on Wed. Talk about letting things get to their heads.

Hunguri, you're not serious are you?

me   

Ngonge,

It was much better when you was a fence sitter. Whats moving you baryahan? Can't take the naacnaac anymore? I am not soliciting for your support so ha is dhibin ee akhriso warka and decide which side of the fence you will be facing today. If you don't get what JB and his likes have got to do you weren't watching SOL musasal yesterday.

Hunguri   

Norf I am serious sxb. Pirates, never interupt Somali boats or ships. What they hunt is, the foriegners who have been passing the Somali sea trade route without taxes or paying a single Dirham. And, to me in my dictionary. I dont recognize any goverment existing in Somalia. Be TFG, Somali land or Puntland! Markaa hayska shaqaysteen. Badoodii ayay isbaaro dhigteen nimankani!

Hunguri   

loooool@ Ngonge smile.gif . Yes, I agree with you. Laakiin, the failure of Somali people to form a goverment and protect their land is more worsening and bad than hungary boyz chasing the ships. Ngonge, where is Norf smile.gif he is gone straight to his bed for anger loool

N.O.R.F   

Hunguri, these ships are captured in 'international waters' saxib.

Two Somalis have just been arrested on board a German flight to Amsterdam under terror charges.