Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

UK Somalis rally behind pirates' British hostages

Ngonge, aduunyada waxaa ku dhameyse, 'pick your battles' as thought tomorrow is promised? We won't have the luxury to pick and choose which battles we should tackle, we should all speak at the same time, about the same issues that concern our communities, and affect our people and at the same time, we should be just as angry as Ibti if not more angry.

As always, I'm on the side of Ibti(with the exception of the Burka, which is very decisive subject in general) and I'm sick and tired of people picking choosing what and when they should demonstrate when more of our people are suffering every single day of the week. (hold a moment of silence for them and those in similar situation, campaign for them, get angry on their behalf etc)

Ofcourse, the lives of the british couple are relevant but they should not get this much publicity.

If we are in inghleterra or Canada, the passion to take up a cause that is greater than ourselves should be our mission and I'm saddened by the fact that we dont have enough Ibti's to go around, seriously, I am.

Instead, she is told, pick your battles by Ngonge, a man who refuses to lift his pinky finger to take up any cause, much less this one but on a lighter note, Ayoub the secessioner, indeed, let us have a moment of silence for riyaale (pray that he holds s-land hostage for another 10yrs)

NGONGE   

^^ Hey, hey, hey..aniga wado ha iga dhigin. Orod meelha kale Ibti ku sasabo. :D

Pick your battles is what I always advise and will continue to. Anyway, right now, the battle that I'm picking is all to do with chicken and baco.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Waxan naga daa and tell me why I can't say it to a woman. What does the term 'bacda iska fur' mean in your world?
:D

Your risqué af-Soomaali has let you down big time. Apologise to the lady and I will start a "somali idioms for ..." thread.

Ngonge, besides reading silly fiction books, what have you done for your community? C'mon eedo,split the beans. (aniga iyo ibti wax aan ku sabsabto mana dhexyaalan, only that one day she will see it my way when it comes to certain subject but I'm sure thats not news to you, ee stop the marmarsiyo ee answer why is it that you bully ibti)

From time to time, I see you picking on ibti for being an activist for causes that are close to her heart and you do nothing but highlight that bit, so what added value can you add that will justify your bullying?? Is it because you are proud of her and can not bring yourself to admit what a wonderful person she is??

How about I help you out here, say it with me, "I, Ngonge, love IBti and I, Ngonge will never bully her again for as long as I read fiction'. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Was that your big smoking gun then? And there I was expecting you to hit me with a proper argument.

Bullying my dear LaZie is what takes place in school playgrounds. What goes between me and Ibti is a difference of opinion (I'm right and she's wrong). :D

The rest of what you wrote is stuff and nonsense.

p.s.

Ayoub

Wan diiday. Adiga, Juxa iyo ducaysany gidaarka idiin dhaw madaxa la dhaca. Wax apology la yidhaahdo anigu ma bixinayo ila aad ii sheegtan khaldkaad igu tuhmaysan woxo yahay. Meesha ma maxkamadaha Somaliland bad moodeen? :D

Juxa   

lol@maxkamadaha somaliland.

Ngonge i bet adigaa gidaar ladhacaya your big madax, thinking what it means. that itself is punishment enough.

now try this. kiilo musmaar ah laq

NGONGE   

^^ I already told you what it means (in the way it was explained to me years ago). I don't need to think about it. You guys are trying to pull my leg here and I'm not having it. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

Loool @ kiilo musmaar ah laq.

Ngonge as you have no part in either campaign waxaku wa kakac.

CL, I'm not being negative, I just said it is sad we cannot unite behind so nicely for our own personal problems and issues, if you want to take that negatively that is really nothing I can do to help dear. Our community is like those beautiful man/women who dress up to go outside, when you see them you think they come from clean, nice palaces, but if you ever seen their homes, they have dog boo right in the middle of the living room and the roof has fallen in. Or the one who dresses up design clothing but their kids starving and sleep on the floor. We need to address our own problems and things that impact on us daily rather than diversifying what little resource we had for this. Why you fail to understand that all I am saying is the priority should be us because it is us that is important. It is like the family of the couple campaigning for the young Somali guy in Holland mental institution and forgetting their people.

Also this whole saga is the colonial mentality of nika caad iska diisa, I assure you if they were British black the attitude would be different.

In any case I'm not supporting the campaign nor I'm harming it, but I just shared my own views on it.

Ngonge all I can say is since we as the Somali community took ownership and responsibilities for this problem, I hope as you say it, the end results can be controlled- last thing we need is for them to die.

NGONGE   

^^ You fell for LG's little nonsense? Shame on you. :D

You already know I never involve myself in any of these things but that does not stop me from sharing my opinion (just like you). In this case, you are allowing your prejudices to cloud your judgment (with all the assumptions about the whiteness of the couple and the like). I usually see Somalis getting worked up over nonsense and despair at the waste of their time and energy. But, here, I see an end goal. You say they took responsibility and what not! What difference is that going to make exactly? Like you already said in previous posts, Somalis will get the blame regardless.

Ibtisam   

^^^Ngonge everything has an end results but you have to be willing to work at it- and sometimes results take a bit longer as you have to change the mindset of people. I remember a few years ago you use to tell me to stop wasting my time with this or that, and I've seen results for some of those same campaigns you use to mock. icon_razz.gif In any case, results is not given in this situation, those boys will hold them people till they get paid, by who or what they get paid is beside the point. No payment, they are not coming...

P.s. You despair at the waste or time and energy, I despair at the likes of you, neither who use their time nor their energy for anything, not trying is automatic failure.

P.s.s Adiga and lazy are having your own discussion, it does not include me, so ask her what you want, don't use me to start convo with her.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Juxa:

they were abducted by reer hebel pirates. The culprits are known, their kin are known and even the place they are holding these hostages is known.

~WHAT DO YOU MEAN? it is easy to point your fat fingers on reer hebel, but i will let you know that the sea belong to all. in fact burcad badeedka ajnabi baa ubadan :mad: reer hebel laga yaabee inuun dufan afka loo mariyay

I am really supportive of Somalis in the UK showing their disproval of the elderly couple being held by the (Somali: all Somali) pirates. But what I am absolutely disgusted with is what had actually taken place in Birmingham's Salama restaurant.

Two times Salama restaurant was raided with pro-free Chandler's supporters, who were said to be all white. And the reason for targeting that particular restaurant was because it is owned and congregated by folks from the clans of Xarardheere.

Apparently, the raiders were armed with pistols and forcefully threw out all the customers of the restaurant - that is, after stern clannistically driven warnings and threats, such as, I paraphrase, 'we won't let you sip coffee in peace in our country while your 'clan' holds the Chandlers hostage'. Release them or else......

Now, this is a deep cut in the already wounded British Somali psyche. I won't stand for this sort of thing.

Ibtisam   

^^^I heard about that, I thought it was Somali story exaggerated and sprinkled with sauce. Did they really have Pistols. And what did the white people know about what clan is from Xaradheere and where they hang out. This is ridiculous, somali ba uu sheeg sheegtey. :mad:

Paragon   

^I am being told the raiders were finger-pointed, briefed with inside info on the particularities of the Somali clan system - meaning the pirate clans and the safe clans. Mine happens to fall in the former category so it's curiously worrying.

Ibtisam   

^^Loool @ curiously worrying.

Somalis, who need enemys when we have such dedicated somalis willing to start problems.

Shame really. :rolleyes: