Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

UK Somalis rally behind pirates' British hostages

NGONGE   

Ibti, adigu you need a whole reformatting job when it comes to protest and practical causes. We have had this conversation before and I always told you to choose your battles. One always goes for a battle they are likely to win, not for the principle and wishy-washy theatrics that achieve no results whatsoever. You are comparing two distinct causes here and missing the point entirely. Let me demonstrate (in all senses of the word).

The first issue here is Somali problems in Somalia and in the media. That is the one that is irking you. You somehow believe that the Somali community in the UK should be doing something about this and uniting behind one goal. But you yourself go on to reveal that they are not united and usually fall along clan lines. Regardless, what would happen if they were united? What would demonstrations, meetings, placards and endless wailing achieve? Will it get the media to change their way of reporting? Will it force the multitude of parasites burning Somalia up to change their ways and seek peace? You know it will not and I know it will not. There are too many adversaries to fight in this issue. There are too many obstacles and the people themselves are not united. It is a futile fight (though fair enough for those that want to let off some steam and tell themselves that they at least tried).

The second issue is one of an English couple who were kidnapped by Somali pirates. Nay, they were abducted by reer hebel pirates. The culprits are known, their kin are known and even the place they are holding these hostages is known. It is not the heady mixture of having to deal with TFG, PL, SL & Al Shabab all at once, it is the simple task of trying to convince a gang of pirates to release people they abducted. Waa more straightforward, achievable AND, with the added bonus of a favourable outcome for both the hostages and the Somalis in the UK! Wax fahan dee.

Juxa   

they were abducted by reer hebel pirates. The culprits are known, their kin are known and even the place they are holding these hostages is known.

~WHAT DO YOU MEAN? it is easy to point your fat fingers on reer hebel, but i will let you know that the sea belong to all. in fact burcad badeedka ajnabi baa ubadan :mad: reer hebel laga yaabee inuun dufan afka loo mariyay

NGONGE   

Juxa,

Stop being paranoid adna. :D

I don't know what qolo did the kidnapping this time but we all know which groups usually do it.

This is not about pointing fingers. This is about people knowing who did it and using their contacts, tolnimo and influence to get the hostages released. Bacda iska fur. icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

you cant say bacda iska fur to women, you bloody afsomali challenged cilan(as ibti would say)

seriously i heard several members of fadhi kudhirir heros going to somalia to negotiate, they are the burcad if you ask me, getting ticket and expense money from charities and maybe the families of the victims.

i am with ibti in this, af aan ku support gareyno malahan, our motives are also questionnable, marka iga daaaaaa

Abtigiis   

What Somali's do to one another is their matter, but when they point gun at the head of elderly visitors, it is sickening. Somali's have done good in rallying for this cause and need to do more. SII DAAYA LAMAANAHA!

NGONGE   

^^ Waxan naga daa and tell me why I can't say it to a woman. What does the term 'bacda iska fur' mean in your world? :D

Malika   

^ :D ,your not there yet mate! Somali Idiom's isnt your territory yet..hehe

ps.Waiting to learn,from Juxa the correct Idiom.

Juxa   

let him embarras himself, why correct the wayward oday.

my world is same as to others, adiga uunbaa ah an alien yaa ngonge

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Malika:

^
:D
,your not there yet mate! Somali Idiom's isnt your territory yet..hehe

ps.Waiting to learn,from Juxa the correct Idiom.

Juxa is making up her own meanings here dee. As I understand it, 'bacda' is the plastic bags that are tied to chicken legs to stop them from straying far. The logic being that the chicken will keep trying to shake the darn thing off and will end up sticking around within a reasonable area. Juxa bacdi hore bac labad bay ku dartay wata ku waalatay 'you can't say that to a woman'. :D