Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Mother: Father Killed Child Over Video Game

cajib ....... these people are addicted to this junk..... no that im blaming video games for this !@#$^ actions but still ........ sad

Cabdow   

The games are not evil, but the men who play these games and become violent are evil, labada gacmood in laga jaro aa ku fiicnaan leheed kuwaas, soomaaha? But anyways, i dont understand why ya'all hating the game, hate the man nooh...see camal

Kan anaga naga mid ah ka warama oo telafashin daradiis u sameeye waxaan, according to this news article.

------------

Columbia Heights mom ordered to stay away from kids

She was prohibited from contacting her five children for 10 years as part of her sentence in the death of her 23-month-old daughter

A Columbia Heights mother was sentenced Wednesday [yesterday] to 11 months already served and 10 years probation in connection with the death of her 23-month-old daughter.

But worse than the jail time is a condition that she cannot see her five surviving children for the 10 years of her probation, Khadijo Ali said afterward.

"Not being able to see the children is far more painful than any sentence,'' she said through a Somali language interpreter.

Ali, 27, had pleaded guilty in November to second-degree manslaughter. Her boyfriend, who pleaded to second-degree murder, is to be sentenced later this month.

According to the charges,
Ali told police that she watched as her boyfriend slapped then violently shook her toddler after the girl walked in front of the TV
in her apartment on Dec. 5, 2006. Then Ali, whose family was being supervised by child protection officials, went shopping. She left her boyfriend to watch her daughter, Sahra M. Abu, and her four other children, including the couple's 4-month-old son.

A fifth child had previously been placed with her parents.

In Anoka County District Court Wednesday, Ali dabbed her eyes with a tissue but had nothing to say before being sentenced by Judge Barry Sullivan.

The judge stayed a nearly five-year sentence as long as Ali meets probation conditions, including completing mental health counseling and not doing child care work.

The judge told Ali she could not contact, directly or indirectly, her children, who have been placed with her parents in Rochester, Minn. She also cannot go to her parents' home.

Her attorney, Joseph Tamburino, told Sullivan that Ali "desperately requests" that he consider modifying his order to allow Ali to see her children if social service workers approve in the future. The judge agreed to that.

Tamburino said that the 16 months since Ali last saw her kids "has been horrible'' for her. He said Ali, who has a job as a hotel housekeeper in Rochester, can talk to her relatives about her children but cannot send messages to them.

Ali also agreed to testify, if needed, against her boyfriend, Ahmed Mohamed.
Mohamed, 32, admitted punching Sahra in the stomach, causing massive internal bleeding from a torn liver and other injuries

Police found Sahra dead in Ali's apartment in the 4600 block of NE. Tyler Street. The coroner's autopsy found the toddler died from massive internal injuries and might have survived 20 to 30 minutes after she was injured.

Child protection records show Sahra lived in the sometimes chaotic home of a twice-divorced mother. Ali struggled to pay bills and care for her five preschool children. The family lived for a while in a homeless shelter in Minneapolis.

Ali's older sister, Miryan Ali, has said the family had fled war-torn Somalia when Khadijo was a young teen, taking her out of school and into a Kenyan refugee camp before she reached Minnesota in 1999. Ali said she and Khadijo saw their 8-year-old brother shot to death in Somalia.

On Wednesday, Khadijo Ali said her five children range from 1 1/2 to 8 years old.

"I am hopeful in the future I will be able to have them back in my life," she said. "I love my kids."

This is the 4th such case in the last few months

WTF is wrong with these ppl ?

I keep hearing the affects of video game violence bu this is beyond stup!d ... but using the game controller as a weapon :confused:

A 2-year-old girl died after being beaten with a video game controller by her mother's boyfriend, police said Tuesday. Darisabel Baez's mother overheard the beating Sunday but did nothing until she realized the girl was unconscious, police said.

The girl was pronounced dead late Monday at Hershey Medical Center, police Lt. Ron Camacho said.

Homicide was added to the list of charges against Harve L. Johnson on Tuesday; he was already in jail on counts including aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

The girl's mother, Neida E. Baez, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

2 year old killed with video game controller