Sign in to follow this  
nuune

What is your favourite IPHONE application

nuune   

I am actually Anti-Apple products, no change so far, but having iphone with me made things alot easier these dayz, Baashe would be saying I am now back to my senses since he called me mad for not using my iphone :D

JB is waiting me to give him my iphone once I land in Hargeisa

So, for those who have the iphone, what is your favourite application that you so far installed or would like to install onto your iphone.

I have installed so far iQURAN, iAZKAR & iPRAY, very handy tools, you gota see to enjoy them.

Those applications I mentioned are for free from Apple store in ur iphone, or from itunes.

My front page iphone:

nuunean7.jpg

the second page is also filled with applications that I installed like photo editing etc

PS:, I haven't given up on Android Google Mobile, I am signed on that, and waiting for the launch date, it is 100% better than iphone smile.gif

Baashi   

Nuune, you got a handheld computer in your hand now. Make use of it. Now we need to jailbreak it and unlock it for you. It can be done in 30 minutes. When are you coming to Abu Dhabi? I'm not there yet -- supposed to be there on Nov. 30, 2008. Didn't happen as you can see. Attestation process killed me, literally, but I got it through though -- finally. Got my employment visa on hand now *walla*!

I am going to land at Abu Dhabi airport on Jan 17th Allah willing. In fact I logged in today to collect few digits from my PM here on SOL. If you ever made to UAE holler we will get to know each other in person.

Any one know whether Sophist landed there? Northerner I got your digits and I will def call you this time Insha'Allah.

Listed below are some useful widgets I have on mine.

MxTube (Downloads Youtube vids -- you need to unlock & jailbreak it first though)

Linkedin

Jobs

Ultralingua (Dictionary)

Wikipanion (Wikipidia widget)

NYTimes

eBay

Pondera (excellent radio -- the best in the biz)

NPR (my fav radio)

Shazam (suppose you are in store shopping or even in yoour car and you heard this song you always wanted but never knew who sang it or its name -- well you flip this widget and it listens the song through the mic and in about a minute gives you the name and a file of the song plus youtube if it is in there -- less than a minute)

Amazon (bookish folks like it to have it on their phone so there u go)

Later.

nuune   

Baashe, Inshaa Allaah safe journey sxb, even myself didn't make it there as I was expecting to be there in late december/early January, other stuffs trapped me. Bal noo sii gogol xaar adigu, oo qumaati u dag wadanka oo naso, Inshaa Allaah we will meet there.

I am not sure if Sophist made it there, bal saaxiibkeen Northerner warayso.

About the iphone, it is indeed handheld computer, will have to agree with you on that point, I think Libaax-sanka got himself one as well, now we are making group soon of iphone users, and would be sharing tips alot in here, like how we can come up to develope Somali applications in Somali language.

Those applications you have there, I have seen some of them, very interesting, would unlock it soon Inshaa ALLAAH.

As for its uses, it is endles, pretty handy

JB, lool@faceook, believe it, sometimes unbaan facebook gujiyaa, other applicationska ayaan aad u isticmaalaa, anaa bal mid kuu soo raadin, balantu waxey aheyd hargeysa hadaan imaado inaad kan iga fara maroojiso :D

roobleh   

Don't childbreak it yet! Apple is so nasty that once u try to upgrade a childbroken iphone ur device will lose some of those applications that came with it plus the risk of not functioning properly later. Unless u want to take that risk, stay away from childbreaking it.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

waar get me one anigana bal Ilaahay igaga yaaboo ,,,
:D:D

Waadh inanku tuugmo badanaa bisinkee? Shib naga dheh anaa kuusoo diraayee *in ten years*... icon_razz.gif

About the iphone, it is indeed handheld computer, will have to agree with you on that point, I think Libaax-sanka got himself one as well,
now we are making group soon of iphone users, and would be sharing tips alot in here, like how we can come up to develope Somali applications in Somali language.

That is a great idea...Good luck...

I have had mine since august and have not installed a single application on it. i don't even use the ones that come with it other than the alarm, weather and the browser.

^ I would have traded it in beri hore .. if not for the browser and the wifi support i doubt there is any other phone that has that.

other phones are manufactred by the big players in the TELCOM world and have no incentive to include wifi support .. it is an amazing feat that apple was able to force it down their throats.

the way it works is that if you are in the range of a wireless network and you attempt to browse the web .. the device tries to connect to the wifi (free) network first and failing that it tells you that it is connecting to the 3G ($$$) network .. these days with wireless networks becoming freely available everywher it saves a boat-load of money.

which is the complete opposite design philosophy of traditional phone providers .... who charge people exhorbitant rates for text messages even though it doesnt cost them anything (0$) to provide that service .. but that is another issue.

my only problem is its lack of modularity makes it prone to common-mode failure i.e one example is the battery and the device cannot be separated so if you had a battery related problem (which is not uncommon) .. your phone is F'ed .. whereas in other phones you would just replace the battery.

and the touch-screen keypad lacks the tactile feedback of normal keypads which i am accustomed to.. and make it difficult for me to type on.

The Zack   

Geel_Jire,

I don't know where you are but here in the USA, the Iphone is exclusively available thru one carrier, AT&T. And you have to pay $29.99 for the data plan or you just can't have the phone unless you unlock it which is lil' risky because the voids the waranty of the phone. So no need for wifi.

^ The 29.99 must have some ceiling .. like 29.99 for xGB/month ... anything above that you pay through the nose.

most houses/offices/university/public malls/libraries have free wifi networks ... you could easily go 10X above what AT&T is offering you for 0$.

The only technical difference (from a purely internet connection point of view) is that wifi is for short-range high bandwidth communication .. i.e you have to be within ~100 meters of the antenna but you get rates of 11Mbps/24Mbps/54Mbps (downstream) you only pay what you were already paying for the ISP connection and if it is not your house it is most likely 0$.

whereas 3G is for long-range low bandwidth .. anywhere you get a cell signal you get 3G which has rates of upto 7.22 Mbps (varies based on signal quality) ... and it costs $$$ to use.

marka anyway you slice it sxb .. wifi on cellphones is a great feature.