Sign in to follow this  
Garaad Bari

Somali woman charged over mid-air stabbing

A woman in New Zealand has been charged with hijacking after she stabbed two pilots and threatened to blow up a small plane unless she was flown to Australia, police said.

The 19-seat Jetstream J32 aircraft, operated by Air National for Air New Zealand, was flying from the southern provincial town of Blenheim to Christchurch when the mid-air drama unfolded, prompting the pilots to issue a mayday call.

source

Juje   

Am told that she has history of violence behavior, she has on numerous occasions beat policemen. And at some time she stormed the New Zealand parliament and hit one of the MP's with a chair. This latest incident is a follow up to many before which were not very serious as this one. It is said that her application for family reunion has been turned down several times, and thus did not succeed to bring her thirteen siblings and parents to NZ. Thus the spark of violence reaction.

Coloow   

I have been reading various articles on this issue.

It seems that she is not stable. I wonder why the headlines shouldn't have read:

" A mentally unstable woman stabbed a pilot"

Instead, it is about somali this and somali that.

It says she was born in Sudan. To me she looks Sudanese but lied about coming from Somalia to gain asylum. Too many Africans are notorious for doing this.

Cara.   

^The nerve! We work so damn hard to create a country that's a byword for FAILED STATE, and every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks he can take credit for it.