Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Something Strange!

Muhammad   

» Asalamu Alaykum, fellow nomads

o.k. I don't really like to start threads, but I had to ask this question. do you know the two type of somali people that never retire?

Musicians and Politicians - it is true!

since I think most of the nomads in here are mostly youth(shabab), doesn't this shame us? seasons change so do societies, societies should be like a moving river, always fresh and clean, but ours is a lake, same water until it dies out.

I'm mainly talking about our political leaders, the same people who started the first revolution and regimes are still around leading us with a mind-set 50 years back.

we often heard the saying, 'the youth are the leaders of tomorrow'. but there is also another saying that seems to reflect how our society deals with our youth, 'tomorrow never dies'. why haven't we seen revolutions take place in the past 13 years? where are the leaders of tomorrow?

I don't know maybe there are some of my fellow nomads who had this in his/her mind and would like to share it with me.

Let The Revolution Began!

LuCkY   

W/SaLaaM

SaLaaM

I have sort of noticed that but i dont know what to say.

I wouLd Like to hear what the other nomads have to say on this issue.

Muhammad   

salaam lucky! I'm sure most nomads have something to say on this issue!

this question has been ocupaying my mind too long that I even wondered why haven't we assasinated some of these folks. Don't we have some snipers in here somewhere? :D

here is another thing, altho I don't want to go of-topic, what's up with this strategy of shooting people in the middle of the day in the busiest street, infront of everybody, and then running away? Then killing a innocent man who never bothered anybody, just because you can't find his brother.

This is Strange! atleast when you are going to kill someone, shoot him at night or hire a sniper or even put a copra in his bed! just don't shoot him in the middle of town and if you are brave enough to do it, then don't run away like a coward and have your innocent brother killed in your place!

LuCkY   

W/SaLaaM

SaLaaM Conquest

I guess we couLd purchase coupLe of snipers and take them out---naah.

Thats what you caLL a coward.If you have the guts to shoot a man then be brave enough to take in the victory*im kidding*but one shouLdnt run away.

I wouLdnt kiLL one of the famiLy members but i guess its a strategy that they use so that if one vaLues their famiLy then they wont be out of reach you know...unLess they are stup!d enough not to beLieve when some teLLs them what they are going to do if one goes into hiding or whatnot.

Muhammad   

Snipers They are the most hated and feared men in the battlefield!

But Politicaly speaking, if you want to kill your enemy, you must do it in a way that your finger prints are no where near the kill.

For Example, If Somalia is a state and wishs to Assasinate Meles Zenawi, she shouldn't shoot him in muqdisho. She should send her operatives to Eritrea, and kill him in the streets of Asmara!

lol..

seasons change so do societies, societies should be like a moving river, always fresh and clean, but ours is a lake, same water until it dies out.

Well, hey i kinda Agree with you but if you really

Understand the concept to being a somali

than this question wouldn't be neccesary.

Somalis Are diffrent kind of human being.

Very confucious state of mind, Funny tribal acts,

And more things i can't quite quote at the moment.

But sure it is strange thing.Whats more stranger

is when you meet indavidual somalis

And they say things like.

"Soomaalida waa dad layaab leh"

Or

"Waxaan soomaalida kunacey saas iyo saas"

the idea of everyone thinking indavidual is reAlLy

Sickening.Who excluded you!!!

Who is those statements for, you or me.

And arent we all in big bowl. but somehow scattered.

Miskin   

Conquest well said brov, i sort of noticed that as well but didn't know how to ask people about it. i think the problem lies within us the youth, we are not taking our responsibilities serious enough.

hope we wake up one day.

Wallahi this is true, especially the somali singers they need to retire they are well over their time! The only singer i think that can keep up is Hassan adan samantar.

Muhammad   

Instinct-Poet

I know exactly what you mean! "Maroodigu takarta isaga saaran ma arkee tan kuwa kale saaran buu arkaa"

Miskin

Akhi, I agree with you, Insha'Allah may all somali and muslim people wake up and bring honor and dignity to their people!

Aplus

you know that the songs, poems, stories are a way to express the current life and what people are facing at the time. It is especially important to the African people! so it is no suprise that our singers are still singing the same songs over and over again. That shows you that our society hasn't moved ahead like other societies!

And even worse that that is how much our people forgot about poetry, especially the youth! I was listening to a somali author few weeks ago who went to Western Somalia, just to meet a 70 year old man who was the only man living who knew some poems from that region. He wrote 70 pages of poetry from this one man alone! He is a library! and many like him are dying, and our culture is going with them!

The youth need to step up and take responsibilies! we need to help our our people, cause if we don't no one else will! Allah helps those that help themseves!

AngelEyes

sis I understand your frustration, and what it feels like sometimes to see no light at the end of the tunnel, but we must never loose hope! hope is all we have!

Gediid   

Politicians are a different breed once they taste power they can't let go.Its the hardest thing to relinquish but the singers you gotta admit there's no one to replace them yet. Kuwa maanta joooga can't compose or write a decent song and they sure as hell can't even tell the differece between whether the song was meant for a girl or a guy.

Muhammad   

Gediid - do you think that it has something to do with the system not having 'copy rights'. There needs to be a reward - to motivate you to do something unique and new. I mean if others are going to become rich for something you work hard for, how you going to have the motivation to write another one.

They need a new system that is consistent and has rules. They should have copy rights, and awards to modivate the artists!

LuCkY   

^^^^^Thats quiet true.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY CONQUEST:

Snipers They are the most hated and feared men in the battlefield!

But Politicaly speaking, if you want to kill your enemy, you must do it in a way that your finger prints are no where near the kill.

For Example, If Somalia is a state and wishs to Assasinate Meles Zenawi, she shouldn't shoot him in muqdisho. She should send her operatives to Eritrea, and kill him in the streets of Asmara!

Ok yeah that understandabLe.

That aLso is true but some peopLe are not that bright.

Thats the way to go but again some peopLe dont take the time to think.

I hope you understand where im going with this. :confused:

Muhammad   

yes sis I understand you!

The Messenger of Allaah (saw) said: “The strong man is not the one who can overpower others (in wrestling); rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself when he gets angry.”

very few people can do that!