Tallaabo

Who would these kids choose: Siyaad's kacaan or rotten Somaliland?

Tallaabo   

Who these suffering kids choose:

A. The Christian missionary organisations who would come from the far corners of the world to provide these needy children the love and care they deserve, shelter, regular healthy meals, health care, and full education.

Or

B. The countless sheikhs (and their sheep like followers) who preach virtue from the pulpit and through the airwaves but have scarcity of faith in their heart for they are oblivious to the needs of the children lying next to their mosque? 

Barwaaqo   

Talaabo, ‘findhicil’ hayno xalaaleyn ! Waan hubaa inay dabeecadaadda fadaqnimadda (eccentricity) ahi ay kuu saamixi lahayd cinwaan kale oo indhahayaga soo jiita. FG: marnaba iguma  jirto inaan yaraysanayo caruurta darbi jiifka ah iyo dhibaatadoodda inanka yar ee heesayana kuligeen dawiiqaddo yar buu inoogu soo gudbiyey dhibaatooyinka la soo gudboonaadda, iga rumayso oohin baa indhahayga buuxisay.

Duufaan   

I remember old days the early 80's visiting Burco. Burco had many street boys as well, they were older than these kids and it was not about the poverty, they were mainly drug abuser(xabaglayaal). People could easily find food and shelter. The gap between those who have and those have not, was very minimum. Most people were middle class. There is no question the poverty is widespread now and there is a large gap between the poor and rich.  The corruption is also more spread. A lunch in a good restaurant in Hargeysa is more expensive than a cheap lunch in America fast food restaurant. 

Tallaabo   

Now that I have got your attention, tell me how is it even possible that in the centre of our capital city, in streets filled with food and money, a stone throw's away from government offices our own kids are so destitute and sleeping outside like stray dogs? Why are the so called wadaado not letting these orphaned children sleep in those thousands of mosques in the city? Could the thousands of restaurants in the city not afford to feed a child each? What about the countless hotels, empty villas, families with spare rooms, shops with tons of shoes and clothes, etc? Could some of those shops not give a pair of shoes to those kids? Where is the faith in Allah the so-called Muslim people and their wadaado are so fond of talking about? Is Islam just part of the society's inherited culture and nothing more? Is the Quran just another novel to read? Where is the society's conscious? Could the government not look after these most vulnerable members of our society? 

If the so-called Muslim society cannot look after few of its destitute kids, why not let Christian charities take responsibility? They for sure would take the responsibility to look after our needy children and orphans and would do so in style. 

Any society which is oblivious to the plight of its orphans needs to be nuked out of existence. Almighty Allah had already wiped out similar satanic societies through out the ages. Give me one nuke and I will drop it on Hargeisa with pleasure. 

What is the policy for NGOs and charities in Somaliland?

In Ethiopia was open and free for all, but immediately it was observed that almost all the charities became political. Even Soros foundation had a few that were almost 90% of their activities political.

The solution was to regulate them. Their income cannot be over a certain percentage from foreign sources.

The Wahabi of course are famous on this. They will build mosques and madrassas, but did not contribute a penny during the 1984 world famous famine. That is a lesson never forgotten and that is why the Wahabi had no success in a country with 40 million Moslems and poor. Its very easy to shame a Wahabi hipocrite in Ethiopia.

As for street children everywhere you go its as you described Hargeisa. Not sure what the solution can be, except what is being tried in Ethiopia. Gather these kids, give them land, organize them in teams, give them farm tools including tractors, seed, food for certain time and agricultural experts, a clinic, school.

In some places has worked and some have even become wealthy (by ethiopian standards) farmers and traders, but most of these projects are new yet.

As far as faith issues go, the most improved place in Ethiopia, more than 90% residents Moslems was successfully transformed with agricultural technologies from Israel. Go figure.

galbeedi   

I think Tallaabo has stated a simple truth about our society. He is one of those guys in SOL I respect  the most,  because he got conscience. Even when he throws japs toward me I take them because I know deep down that he has no malice at heart.

Every society including those in Hargeisa needs people like Tallaabo to remind the bad aspects of our culture. 

Accept the criticism and try to fix it.

Holac   

The real issue in Hargeisa region today is the high birthrate coupled with extreme poverty. I have not seen anyone talk about this. Somaliland's population is increasing exponentially, specially the Hargeisa region, and the gap between the rich and poor is becoming wider. There is a whole generation left behind under poverty and the birthrate is picking up fast among the poor.  If things don't change economically soon, Somaliland will collapse under its own weight.