Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

iPhone

nuune   

Koolo, finally, I remember december last year or was it January this year you were saying you will get da iphone once you renew your contract on feb/march, so 6 months passed on your time and here you are, we are now makin a group :D

Make the most out of it aan ku dhahay, I still got mine with me, and I have got about 5 pages of full of applications in it, most of them for free, even da one's dat cost 0.99 cent are very usefull.

You can even find an application dat tells you when your bills are due(seems a bit uselss one) or an application dat babysitts your baby :D they do exist my dear, even one dat tells you when you are due for labour :D u can download them all

Just explore your iphone, and make sure ineysan faraha ku xanuunin, ooh download da facebook application, no more sittin in front of da pc, while u r on your bed you can update your facebook(you hate updating FB updating, same with me).

Now comes the usefull stuff for our aakhiro and janno raadis iyo ajir kororsi, download da iQuran, iAthkaar, iPrayer, all for free of course, specially da iPrayer one, I love it, it comes with Qibla and even does da aathaan for any prayer.

if you are interested in science, or maths, loads of applications as well, as well as if you wana learn how to fly a plane in your iphone for fun, you can do dat there too :D

don't forget da free stuff like truphone where u can make free international calls to other iphone users anywhere in da world, they must also have truphone application downloaded.

maxaan ka tagay, ooh, you can watch live tv there as well, and finally enjoy your iphone.

Juxa   

kuligiis gadaal kagaar baad tihiin, remember when they were queing for it. need it say more

anyhows it is over-rated and does not have best reception.

Juxa   

yaa kugu yiri? there is 2 iphone and they have no reception is places i frequent

kasheekee bal. it is not my fault if you have inbuilt anteeno

nuune   

it needs hagaajis since receptionka is bad meelaha qaarkood, you will need to get into the inside of the iphone and mess with its algorithm codes

The Zack   

Juxa, even though some phones get better signal bars than others the overall quality of a phone's service depends on the provider's coverage. You can get the best phone in the world but if you have a crappy provider your signal will always be weak.

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

my favorite feature of this phone is the powerful tethering capability ... recently I have been working in some rural areas .. and browsing on the 3G network is much better than I thought it would be at least when compared to the terrible hotel connection

3G in a rural area? You are very lucky man... what country is that?

Juxa   

thanks zack, that is better explanation than nuune cure to farafareys any gadgets

i got t-mobile and have great signal on my other phones, just the iphone baa qalafsan.

The Zack   

Juxa, you are welcome. I heard T-mobile is the bomb in Europe which is quite amazing because they are not that great here.

If your other phones on that same provider worked fine and the iPhone is not then the issue is definitely with the iPhone.

Kool_Kat   

GG, 1995 you say? NEVER! I mean, I am behind on the tech stuff, but 1995 behind? I leave that for dear Indhoos... :D

Nuune, You're right I wanted to get the iPhone back in Feb, laakiin that would've been early renewal of my contract...I figured, if I waited til it was actually expired, I get better deals with my carrier, which I did...

Teeda kale bal lugaha dhulka ii dhig waad isdataayee! Have you not read? I JUST RECENTLY LEARNED HOW TO MANUALLY DAIL NUMBERS, intee waxaan dhan iiga daba wadaa? Give me til 2010 or 2011... :D

On the real though, since I did the initial set-up of my phone to my computer, I can't access Microsoft Office...Everytime I try to open Word or Excel, it gives me a message 'Preparing to Instal'...Then after a while, gives me an error message! I have now uninstalled it balaayada; therefore, any hope of downloading applications is put on hold for now til I find someone to help me set it up...Any chance you'll be in the Toronto area any time in the very near future? :D

does not need hagaajis works fine, just receptionka is bad meelaha qaarkood.

Juxa, meelaha qaarkood maxaa ku geeyo adi? icon_razz.gif

Is it worth it, buying an unlocked iphone or should I just get an ipod touch? Are the apps the same for ipod touch and iphones?

My brother is getting tired of me stealing his iphone :D

nuune   

^^ Ms DD Yes, it worked for me, but you would need to unlock it, then use a Somali sim card(worked great in Hargeisa), but without me changing my sim I was able to roam in Ethiopa and Kenya as well, da comfort of not changing sims and recieving calls from Europe or anywhere in Africa while you are there.

Femme,, yes you can download and install the same applications you have on the itouch, so no difference in itouch and iphone when it comes to applications, the ipod touch can even use da wireless and make international calls, so the touch can be used as phone as well.