Old_Observer

Ethiopian PM in Kenya, Here goes my schedule, who do I blame for this failure

I had these statements made here in SOL country long before Abiy, Lema, Shiferaw, Gebyehu, Mekonen etc were candidates:

1. Who ever is next PM of Ethiopia should show respect to the Somali people in Ethiopia, they were among the top saviours of the country called Ethiopia

2. First group of countries to visit Sudan, Djibouti and Somalia

3. Second group will include Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the quarelling Bedews etc

4. Then US, European, China, Russia etc

May schedule has failed big time. Kenya from second group has joined my first group, but biggest failure of my schedule is Somalia not visited.

Who is at fault for this what I consider catastrophic failure?

BTW did Mr. Madoobe know this schedule before I did, that would be another failure in the schedule as well. I was hopping Bay and Bakool or Puntland would be first to visit Addis after visiting Jigjiga.

Mr. Bixi should visit Jigjiga ASAP.

President Uhuru Kenyatta will tomorrow and Monday host the new Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiye Ahmed for a state visit.

The Ethiopia Prime Minister Ahmed will hold talks with Uhuru on regional integration, peace and security.

This will be his third foreign visit, after Djibouti and Sudan, since his swearing-in on 2 April.

Key among the discussions will be regional stability and the two nations border security.

President Uhuru had in April invited Ahmed for a State Visit to discuss ways of enhancing relations between the two nations.

In an invitation letter delivered by Foreign Affairs, Cabinet Secretary the President stated that the two countries have always worked together from the beginning.

The Head of state congratulated the new premier and the people of Ethiopia for what was the political transition which has a very good lesson for Ethiopia for managing diversity but also for African continent.

Ahmed was appointed by Ethiopia’s ruling coalition in March and sworn in as Premier on April.

Meanwhile Uhuru on Friday at State House, Nairobi, received credentials from five new ambassadors to Kenya.

The diplomats included Mozambique High Commissioner Tsombe Constantino Lidimba, Jacek Bazanski (Poland) Syanga Samuel Abilio (Angola), Yacin Elmi Bouh (Djibouti) and Khalid Khalifa Almualla (United Arab Emirates).

Welcoming the five ambassadors to the country, President Uhuru said Kenya remains committed to enhanced partnership and the promotion of trade with other countries.

Source: The Star

Yacin Elmi Bouh (Djibouti)

I know this person. Brilliant move by Ghelleh. So important. Djibouti in Kenya should not be seen as province of Ethiopia.

Illey should also make similar choice as the Somali Kilil representative and diaspora Somali affairs in the Ethiopian embassy in Kenya.

Dabrow   

Not suprising at all. This PM is just another puppet as the one before him and the continuation of TPLF policy towards Somalia. 

1 hour ago, Dabrow said:

Not suprising at all. This PM is just another puppet as the one before him and the continuation of TPLF policy towards Somalia. 

Why don't you give it a try? That answer is not good enough.

Can you think deeper than that?

Its a two way street. It was good for Ethiopia and good for Somalia if my schedule has succeeded. What was role of Ethiopia and what was role of Somalia in the failure of my schedule?

Duufaan   

UAE is far more dangerous than ethiopia in short time, running around with  bags of cash. It is very clear now that Ethiopia had a green revolution. You are probably familiar the Arab Spring. Somali will not see effect of green revolution soon. But gas money could dismantle what left somalia. Madoobe and And Abdi Iley are very important because of gas found the somali region. The charm offensive of Abey has to do a lot of that. 

1 hour ago, Duufaan said:

But gas money could dismantle what left somalia. Madoobe and And Abdi Iley are very important because of gas found the somali region. The charm offensive of Abey has to do a lot of that. 

Madoobe is lookinf far ahead into ports. Kismayu has real chance of competing with any other port in the horn. Kismayu in short distance can reach most people than Djibouti and plus South Sudan is most convenient. Kenya will be against this for sure as a matter of interest.

If you think gas is what makes Illey important, then I am afraid you have not folowed Ethiopian politics lately.

Generally speaking the Oromo would have looked to the Somali as an ally, but things do not work by nature only. The Somali happen to be competitive at break neck speed unexpected with development and security. That is the main reason Illey got attention in Ethiopia and also among Somali around the world. People had so much confidence in the kilil holding up together that there was no panic of whatever happens in Ethiopia.

BTW I might blame Mogadishu for the failure of my schedule of the new PM. This UAE thing really went all wrong in Somalia. Between president, PM, parliament, Federal states..it all went wrong. Somebody dropped the ball.

Farmaajo had good working relationship with Hailemariam. It does not mean they were friends, but knew they have to work together, they need each other and have to live together.

I don't have concrete reason why my schedule failed but the suspects are:

SFG

Ethiopia new PM and American entourage

Ghelleh

I will nail one of them soon.

Tallaabo   
15 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Mr. Bixi should visit Jigjiga ASAP. 

Why? Isn't Jigjiga part of Ethiopia? I don't think Mr Biixi needs to go anywhere anytime soon as he has a lot of internal issues to deal with. On top of that we don't have that much money for our president to be travelling around. 

I understand of being too busy, but this kind of relatnships have great economic and security pay back. Mr. Bixi and Illey can gather nomads and build a road between villages, can together view football games betwen Somalis different cities, celebrate a holiday by taking turns, take vacations in each others...etc.

After that a phone call between the two can settle any issues quite easily.

Ghelleh visits kililka often, of course Dirdawa being his home town and having investments there helps.

cadnaan1   

OO 

Mr Biixi is the president the republic of Somaliland why would he go to jigjiga to meet regional government.

1 hour ago, cadnaan1 said:

OO 

Mr Biixi is the president the republic of Somaliland why would he go to jigjiga to meet regional government.

There is no protocol among brothers. Ghelleh comes to Dirdawa or Jigjiga as he pleases.

Tallaabo   
13 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

There is no protocol among brothers. Ghelleh comes to Dirdawa or Jigjiga as he pleases.

The Somali kilil is very important to Somaliland socially and economically but I think it would be more interesting if president Biixi met Cabdi Wali Gaas in Garowe to sort out Puntland's issues with us peacefully. Of course there would be a lot of opposition to such a meeting from Biixi's critics but Puntland is our immediate neighbour and we have a very bad relationship with them right now. If Biixi could persuade Puntland to stop interfering with our Eastern regions (we don't mind if they oppose our secession politically through the federal government in Mogadishu), then we could actually help them fight Alshabaab and other extremist groups. 

51 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

The Somali kilil is very important to Somaliland socially and economically but I think it would be more interesting if president Biixi met Cabdi Wali Gaas in Garowe to sort out Puntland's issues with us peacefully. Of course there would be a lot of opposition to such a meeting from Biixi's critics but Puntland is our immediate neighbour and we have a very bad relationship with them right now. If Biixi could persuade Puntland to stop interfering with our Eastern regions (we don't mind if they oppose our secession politically through the federal government in Mogadishu), then we could actually help them fight Alshabaab and other extremist groups. 

Very noble idea. The Somali people should stop the thinking that "oh if I did this, this or that clan will call me names or will campaign against me..etc

For Gaas and Bixi meetings can only be secretive or under cover of something else. Bixi can lower protocol for example and meet Gaas and Illey together so its bordering Somalis meeting. Some economic or leadership conferences that are always going in Addis. Or find loyal and secretive intermediaries.

Somaliland should postpone strict border delimitations and controls, and Puntland should also leave things where they are for now. Establish 2 or 3 controlled trade lines and make common locals involved. You use Basaso where closer and Puntland uses Somaliland ports for western part. There is so many things that can be done without the big one.

Id there is conflict among villages, you can invite elders from far away communities even from kililka or both of you, but far away communities, before the governments are involved.

You can also have Director of East and South border issues and Puntland can have North and West border commisar and these two persons can exchange info and solutions.

Such systems can prevent possible war, regardless of Hargeisa Mogadishu governments falling under some spell.

25 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Et tu, Tallaaabo?

lol

Does it mean you are opposed to some modus vivendi with Puntland with talks it doesn't matter how arranged or conducted? Do you seriously believe these ;eaders can maintain relative peace between their enclaves without some channels?

Ifiye   

OO is an entertainer.  He knows full well such a visit is not gonna happen.  Why show Somalia respect now when you invested so much undermining it.  We would do the same thing if we were in Ethiopia's position as we did during Mingistu era.