Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Nuruddin Farah on PBS

Xiin,

saaxiib this is the precisely problem.. If these boys were busy supervising their women folk dig, there would be no argument over the poor sheik's face!

Gabbal   

His is misplaced pride I would say rather than a complete disagreement with Islam. To imply the practice of his time and forefathers is singularly "wrong" would imply his form of worship and that of his ancestors were wrong. What old man who has been gone from his homeland for such a long time and has vivid nostalgia of the "wonderful" past wants to be told that not all was well in the fairy white castle of yesteryears? Rather he needs to be educated about this particular subject of the veil, something I presume no one has done yet.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Che,
that thread is dead. I started this page hoping we discuss ideas and the claims this man is making instead of calling names, insults and doubting his deen.

Talib,
Niqaab was widely adopted right after the fall of Barre regime but does that mean it has not been practiced in some areas of the country. I don't have the history background so where are the SOL historians.

Jimcaale, indhashareerka Banaadiri qeyb kamid ah oo aad u yar, oo saas aan u badneen ayaa gisha jiray the pre-civil war. They mostly wore it for the sake of dhaqankooda Carabta ahaa ay aaminsanayeen. Banaadiriga dhan ma ahayn, waxaa u badnaa siiba kuwii deganaa Shibis [bilaajo Carab], oo la baxay Camuudi, kuwaas oo heystay badankooda dhalasho Yemani.

Soomaali maryooleey and lamagoodle [marolaaweey and labago'le, respectively, as they Banaadiris call us to this day], indhashareer meel ma isku arkin. The very derogatory word of 'lamagoodle' itself is self-explanatory. Laba go' ayaa gishan jirnay, mid hoose iyo mid kor. Midka hoose hoosgundi nimanka dhihi jireen, kan korna go'. Gabdhaheenana guntiinada isku dabalaabanto.

In this sense, Nuurudiin is absolutely correct, waa saxsanyahay, waana ku raacay. Indhashareer dhaqan Soomaali ma'aha. Dad ayaa hadalkiisa badalay oo ka dhigay in uu xijaabka wax ka sheegay. He didn't. He only talked about the alien jilbaab and indhashareer oo Soomaalida ku cusub waana mid taariiq ahaan dhab ah, si walba dadka qaarkood u dhibsadaan.

Illaa iyo hadda kama jawaabin to those who deride walaalkeen Nuuridiin why it is different from garbasaar and why don't they consider garbasaar as a genuine xijaab garb. Dadka surwaalka gaaban maanta socda, oo soo baxay, waa wareersanyihiin, iyagaaba isku wareeray oo isaaminsanayn, mar ee isku wacaan 'salafi jadiid' iyo 'salafi takfiir.'

Emperor   

First of all, What is Dhaqan and as why it is sacred?

Dhaqankii hore waa laga tagay, dunida cusub lasoco, Europeanka aad arkaysid dhaqamo waa hore hore ay lahayeen ayaa jira oo laga tagay...

Nurudin iyo kooxdiisa sida MMA dhaqan unbay ku marsoodaan

Religion Vs Dhaqan?

I know which one I choose, end of discussion

Taliban   

Originally posted by Emperor:

First of all, What is Dhaqan and as why it is sacred?

Two examples of Dhaqan; FGM & siyaaro. To some, it's sacred because their forefathers practiced it for decades, not because of Islam.