Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

Apparently I’m going to hell?

The Zack   

^ I agree that it is a matter of choice in the beginning but once u r already married to someone if that person brings another wife in the equation it will be very difficult for a religious girl to leave her loved husband for that mere reason. It is almost prohibiting what has been permitted by the Deen.

P.s. I am not trying to make decisions for ya.

Aaliyyah   

^u got the religion part twisted...its halaal for a woman to seek divorce if she knows that she can not share her husband...

The Zack   

^^Can you back that up with religious Daliil? The only time a woman can seek divorce because her man has married another woman is when the man can NOT afford it financial wise, health wise, justice wise and so on. I haven't seen any thing stating if a woman "knows that she can't share her husband" she can seek divorce.

Aaliyyah   

^I dont have a daliil on top of my head, but what I said above holds true. I heard it from several shiekhs.

I will look this up. Anyhow, am sure if a sister tells the guy before they even get married that she wont ever be part of that arrangement he should understand or look someone more accommodating, there shouldn't be surprises later on. everyone has to be straight forward from the beginning...

salaam

The Zack   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

The Zack-What religion do you follow?

I don't follow a religion, I follow the religion.

Aaliyah,

That is fair.

Honestly, why do I hear time and time again I stories of these no good haasidiin Faraaxs screwing over extremely magnanimous Xaliimos. :confused:

As for the topic, I wonder if I'm going to hell for thinking these supposed shayouks are wrong in harrassing her? Smh. :rolleyes:

I think you're in the same boat with all the girls who responded the same.

ZACK,

this "bait and switch" mentality is whats wrong with some men's solutions to such matter. And yes a woman can seek divorce if she happens to be unhappy and treated unfair in her own marriage.