Che -Guevara

Cairo follows Somali developments with concern

Egypt a country with no dignity, self respect at all. Now Egypt has even fallen down further. She is now of the Bedew Gulf, before it was of America. Now Egypt gets its orders from Washington translated to Arabic in UAE and Riyad.

"Egypt is afraid that Turkey and Qatar’s presence in the Horn of Africa will ease the movement of terrorists in the region." If this was said about any other country would have been funniest joke, but unfortunately is being said close to home. Egyptians can only kick when someone is down on hard times, never when standing.

The Egyptians are rubbing salt in Farmaajo's eyes for rejecting them for military bases.

Good that the Egyptians are a no body and shoe shining of UAE and Saudis. Not even considered fr shoe shining for America directly.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:18 AM, Old_Observer said:

Egypt a country with no dignity, self respect at all. Now Egypt has even fallen down further. She is now of the Bedew Gulf, before it was of America. Now Egypt gets its orders from Washington translated to Arabic in UAE and Riyad.

"Egypt is afraid that Turkey and Qatar’s presence in the Horn of Africa will ease the movement of terrorists in the region." If this was said about any other country would have been funniest joke, but unfortunately is being said close to home. Egyptians can only kick when someone is down on hard times, never when standing.

is Egypt the biggest security risk to Ethiopia?

6 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

is Egypt the biggest security risk to Ethiopia?

always.

Havent you seen the leaked video of their national security team meeting during Mursi?

In that they discuss that all methods of keeping Ethiopia poor and backward are running out and they discuss the options. Both military and civilian officials.

Duufaan   

This so called Arab states reminds me moqdisho warlords who united a  organization  they called anti terror. They are behaving same way pretending  to represent Arab people against Iranian and Turkey. When in fact they are the one responsible the backwardness of Arab people. 

14 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Old_Observer,

Now that Mr Trump being in power in Washington and Mr Sisi being your usual two-pit-dictator, who has Uncle Sam (US) on his corner, I think, the likes of Mr Abbiy Ahmed has his work cut out for him. In particularly in protecting the GERD issue, at least diplomatically.

And I really think Mr Abbiy Ahmed, need to go to Washington as soon as possible, just to "parlay" with the likes of Mr Bolton and Mr Pompeo, who are folks who never saw a "two-pit-dictator" they didn't like if he on the other hand is a "political stooge" for Uncle Sam (US) as Mr Sisi is in actuality.

And just to be safe, Mr Ahmed, needs to tell his side of the issue of the GERD to these folks in the Belt-way in Washington, who may only have had a "chance" to listen to one-sided argument of the likes of Mr Sisi, who of course, could be rely on to pain a dark picture of what GERD could actually mean, economically, to his ever poor-ish but strategically important state of Egypt.   

I am not sure how this all will proceed. All I know is Ethiopia is at a crossroads, because Uncle Sam is not looking the otherway anymore when Russia or China visit Ethiopia. There was time when Uncle Sam looked the otherway when all his satellites were importing guns from North Korea. Not any more.

Israel might end up being the saviour of the situation for both Eritrea and Ethiopia. As for Mr. Abiy he needs to go to Saudi Arabia and get Shiek Al Amoudi released and get good word to Washington as well as reduce Egypt's sandal cleaning of the Bedew. He also needs to visit both UAE and Qatar, problem is with these Bedew which one first.

Ethiopia could be a good reconciliator for UAE and Djibouti, without fanfare, statements or media releases.

1 hour ago, Oodweyne said:

And just to be safe, Mr Ahmed, needs to tell his side of the issue of the GERD to these folks in the Belt-way in Washington, who may only have had a "chance" to listen to one-sided argument of the likes of Mr Sisi, who of course, could be rely on to paint a dark picture of what GERD could actually mean, economically, to his ever poor-ish but strategically important state of Egypt.   

GERD and Abiy,

Finish the construction and installs as fast as possible

Fill the dam to its full capacity in under 3 years

Tell Egyptians they can buy electricity and they have proven that Ethiopia is not reducing the amount of water.

The faster this fact is proven to Egyptian people the better. Their leaders cannot tell them the truth, Ethiopia can show them the truth.

The Egyptians blame and accuse Israel, the Ethiopians blame America for not telling Egyptians the truth about the water.

7 hours ago, Duufaan said:

This so called Arab states reminds me moqdisho warlords who united a  organization  they called anti terror. They are behaving same way pretending  to represent Arab people against Iranian and Turkey. When in fact they are the one responsible the backwardness of Arab people. 

I am not inviting anyone, but to me looks like Egypt is calling Somalia and Qatar terrorism sponsoring ststes. Am I wrong.