Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

What's the meaning of your name?

Originally posted by MALAIKA:

my name in somali means ..luck and day(its a very common somali name) ....and in hebrew it means eye...some jewish guy who works at AOL told me that ...
:D

A.A

I'm not sure but am thinking SAGAL.

My full name is made up of two names altho I only use one officially. The first one is Arabic...clue...the name of one of the Prophet's (SCW) wives. Ma second name (official one) is pure Somali...similar to barwaaqo and translates as Wealthy/rich in English.

I think I have spelled it out for you lot.

PS: I luv all the names so far....especially Qaali and Maryam.

Iffah   

Loool! That was fast!...but are you sure? There are also 2 Fatima's icon_razz.gif

How come it's only the girls who are participating in this thread? :confused: I thought the guys would be more upfront about this...

Anyways, I'm sure there are alot of Abdi-somethings here... :D

btw, Malaika: By your initials (AA) I'm guessing your name is Ayaan (meaning Maalmo [days] ? ) ..I don't know :confused: I'm not good with this translating game :rolleyes:

La-y-La   

Ilham, congratulations for being a Maryan, cuz u do not know how much it means n the responsibility and commitment it comes wit. redface.gif

from now on, u gotta be loyal and up front about everything, loooooooool, jk. :D

Seriously though, the name has a big meaning in Islam. Thats how much i just luv the name.

now i gotta go b4 i get all emotional about it.

peace.

Og-...all three names i have given are in somali not in arabic....perhaps am not givin enuff clues...

ight..first name...one of the prophets names..duuh eh' ya'll know which one

second name..umm means truth in somali..or some where close to it

third name is..the end..as in' let this be the last...blah blah...and its third letter is '. Y.

wun

Changed   

hahahahhaha

hahahahhahahah

MY GOSH OG ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT HEBREW WAS ARABIC :eek: :rolleyes:

MY mom will be mad at me for not being able to tell the languages apart icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

i was just kidding with ya mariam :cool:

Iffah   

Lol...let me try..Naah, I dont see it :D

I like how my lil'sis pronounces it: Mayam ... cute! She's always saying... "Mayam, baliiiiis ma ku raaci karaa?, I won't bother you, I pawamise smile.gif

Originally posted by Ilhaam:

I like how my lil'sis pronounces it: Mayam ... cute! She's always saying... "Mayam, baliiiiis ma ku raaci karaa?, I won't bother you, I pawamise
smile.gif

Oh bless, I luv how sweet they are when they are young....then they hit puberty and become MONSTERS!

I always thought your real name was Ilhaam, u kno. Barasho wanaagsan mayam. :D