Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

The Secret (the biggest money making hoax ever)

thesecretbook_228x289.jpg

rhondaDM_228x343.jpg

When I first saw this on Oprah I laughed so hard at the stupidness of people who wasted their money on this crap...then I suddenly stopped laughing as I realized I could have made a shitload of money if I came up with this first!Gullible pple = wealth beyond measure.

It's become the fastest-selling self-help book ever, but is The Secret doing more harm than good?

So how does it work? Byrne says she first glimpsed the universe's deepest "secret" three years ago, soon after the death of her father, when her life was in chaos and she felt at her lowest ebb.

"I began tracing The Secret back through history," she explains breathlessly in the foreword.

"I couldn't believe all the people who knew this. They were the greatest people in history: Plato, Shakespeare, Newton, Hugo, Beet-hoven, Lincoln, Emerson, Edison, Einstein. Incredulous, I asked: 'Why doesn't everyone know this?' "

Byrne duly became consumed by the idea of developing and disseminating this knowledge, with the intention of bringing "joy to billions around the world".

Positive thinking has been around for centuries but, Byrne explains, it is not quite as simple as the exhortations about 'having to have a dream'.

Allow me to elucidate. Summoning good things into your life - a new job, a fivebedroom house with garden or even a parking place - is, according to Byrne, simple.

All you have to do is visualise what you want, focus on it and it will come - "exactly like placing an order from a catalogue".

There are some refinements to the process. The innermost secret of The Secret is that you have to phrase your requests in the right way.

This is apparently where many people go wrong. It is essential to be detailed in every particular. Byrne writes of a woman desperate for a boyfriend.

She had visualised him - but he still failed to materialise. Byrne explains that he did not turn up because she had not made sufficient physical space for a man in her life.

So she went to the garage and moved the car from the middle so as to leave room for her imaginary partner's, then cleared out half her wardrobe and began sleeping on one side of her double bed. And, hey presto, the right man soon came along.

The other mistake people apparently make when ordering from the catalogue of life is not thinking positively enough.

For example, if you have financial troubles and begin to panic about bills arriving in the post, then your negative thoughts will attract more bills and make the situation worse.

Instead, you must focus on wealth - and that will come to you.

Similarly, when you hit the shops with an up-to-the-limit credit card and a bank balance deep into overdraft territory, instead of saying you can't afford something, you must tell yourself: "I can afford that! I can buy that."

I fear this may be how shopaholism begins, but Byrne insists that not only does such thinking make you feel better, it also creates material wealth.

"Since the DVD of The Secret was released, we have received hundreds of letters from people who have said they have received unexpected cheques in the post."

It seems unusual that a self-help book should take such an extreme hedonistic and self- centred view, but, according to Byrne, true happiness comes from putting yourself before others.

She also assuages any concerns you might have about overt materialism with an unusual interpretation of the Bible - saying that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses and Jesus were all millionaires, "with more affluent lifestyles than many present-day millionaires could conceive of".

So far, so relatively harmless. But Byrne has a distinctly odd view on how this all works, even bringing in quantum physics in an attempt to give her theories a scientific depth.

We are all, she states, "human transmission towers", emitting thoughts on a particular frequency and attracting "all like things that are on the same frequency".

This is why, she says, if you think negative thoughts, then bad things will happen.

The trouble is that if you extend this to its logical conclusion, then you not only have to believe that good things come to positive thinkers, but also that anyone who suffers only has themselves to blame.

So, if someone is fat, is that their fault for thinking fat thoughts? Surely Byrne cannot believe so.

Yes, she does. "A person cannot think thin thoughts and be fat."

Byrne believes that if someone has cancer, they can cure themselves by laughing - which implies that the converse is also true; that their cancer has been caused by negative thinking.

Astonishingly, she even says this outright: "Illness cannot exist in a body that has harmonious thoughts."

So what about those caught up in wars, acts of terrorism and natural disasters?

The hundreds of thousands killed in the Asian tsunami, the thousands who died on 9/11, the millions put to death in the Holocaust? Are we simply to assume it was all their own fault?

Byrne sounds rather weary as she skirts round this subject in her book but, basically, her answer is an extraordinary yes.

"By the law of attraction, they had to be on the same frequency as the event," she says, allowing only a small concession: "It doesn't necessarily mean they thought of that event."

An interviewer on ABC's Nightline in America recently posed a similar question to Bob Proctor, one of the positive thinking experts quoted at length in Byrne's book.

"Children in Darfur are starving to death," she pointed out. "Have they attracted that starvation to themselves?"

Proctor replied: "I think the country probably has."

Many of us would hesitate before making such sweeping statements, but Byrne seems to think that she - along with the rest of the human race - is not just superhuman, but also possessed of divine powers.

"You are god in a physical body," she writes. "You are the creator."

It strikes me that one person, and one person only, has truly benefitted from Byrne's positive thinking and visualisation theories - and that's the woman who tapped out this volume dreaming of earning millions.

Byrne must now be earning royalties from every single one of those multi-million sales.

Source

I've heard of her, And her "Secrets" to help other.

I like few things about her,SHe hid the fact that she was gonna get rich by falsely mis informing people.

People like to be told how to make money and where to go to do that.

Without actually thinking that no one will ever share a secrets on that part..lol.

There is no easy way to make money,

take it from me,if not anyone.

The recipe to wealth is Up early,work hard,Strike oil..

THats it..

You have to find your nitche in the world.

Thats the same idea of lottery winners,

They wind up where they left off.

To my Brother who fallow the dream of

Quixtar, PLease, quit, There is no such thing as diomond level...If you must just chase your own dreams..For they are only a dream....

If you must chase anything...Be realistic, And chase possiblities that are rather more accomblishable..

Paece...

Khayr   

This is the age wherein the Imams and Priests are replaced with Pyschoanalysts and self-help gurus that take GOD out of the Picture and put the Individual Psychi aka the NAFS, at the top of the Pyramid.

For example, if you have financial troubles and begin to panic about bills arriving in the post, then your negative thoughts will attract more bills and make the situation worse.

Instead, you must focus on wealth - and that will come to you.

Its not a question of negative thoughts but rather a question of DEFINITION-how do you define yourself-Psy being or a Spiritual being?

If you see yourself as just pure Psychi (mental), then you will link events around you as just events void of link, void of hire meaning and all just about YOU, the INDIVIDUAL Psychi being.

The new age self help movement lead by Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Dr. Phil, Oprah etc. rejects GOD implicitly and states over and over again that the Individual (Nafs)is the Most important thing in the world.

to be cont'd....