Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

Somalis Drop Off Welfare Faster Than Everyone

No more lame jokes about how somalis live on welfare,Well at least in MN. The off the welfare rate for Somalis is higher than the Madows and the Cadaans & the Cali besteens! Somalis are now running away from the cayr office into job centers.

Well,I guess the welfare stigma has helped our people get off their azzes and do some job and I felt this warrants some kind of recognition. Can you all join me in applauding our people for finally realising that the road to success lies in education, investing in businesses and WORKING. We are edging closer to joining the great American Dream. :D

Qaxotis Off Welfare!

Iam glad they are moving to the right direction since there is no horimar in being welfare recipient. Kudos to everyone who wanna better themselves, and move their kids out of the ghettos of America. May Allah bless the Somalis.

Now lets organize ourselves, our country is under occupation.

Castro   

The most positive news I've heard in weeks. Here's my favorite part:

The state is asking counties to figure out why Somalis and other recent African immigrants are moving off welfare rolls faster -- which might lend clues to why other groups aren't.

LOL.

Most non Habashi door knob somalis were having the worst week EVER, And certainly Castro & Che,this is very positve news that has had me again being a proud somali. For a Minute,My ever intact Somali Pride was shattered the other day.

LANDER   

I would have never guessed, other africans maybe but somalis too? That is great. Is it me or does it always seem like MN has an abundance of jobs as compared to say toronto or other places in Canada. Even newly arrived somalis in MN seem to be living well after only a brief stay meanwhile here in canada ppl who've been living here for decades are still living the same way as when they first arrived. Perhaps we need to all move to that FOB camp known as the great state of MN ;)

Taliban   

Originally posted by LANDER:

meanwhile here in canada ppl who've been living here for decades are still living the same way as when they first arrived.

There are less jobs in Canada and only those with "Canadian experience" and through clouts might get it.

Castro   

Originally posted by LANDER:

I would have never guessed, other africans maybe but somalis too? That is great. Is it me or does it always seem like MN has an abundance of jobs as compared to say toronto or other places in Canada. Even newly arrived somalis in MN seem to be living well after only a brief stay meanwhile here in canada ppl who've been living here for decades are still living the same way as when they first arrived. Perhaps we need to all move to that FOB camp known as the great state of MN
;)

It's actually an America thing and not just MN. It's harder to get welfare here. And if you can get it, it's hellish, from what I hear. The job opportunities are far more abundant as the economy is larger and more dynamic. Canada, on the other hand, is quite happy leaving all the immigrant talent and raw human resources it has rot away on welfare. Besides being economically catastrophic in the long run, it ruins the morale and lives of these people who came there hoping for a better life.

If you can, leave. In fact, you should.

Great news indeed Brown.

It is tough to survive in Minnesota with only 200 dollars welfare check as well. That is another reason why every greenhorn who arrives there goes straight to work. Why settle for $200 with all its hassles when you can make $2000/month at the chicken factory. In the mind of a fresh flight13 strongman, there is absolutely no comfort, decency or future by standing in line with drunkies at the welfare office when Qowdhan is making mad money at the factory.

Lander, saxib the province of Alberta has much more high paying opportunities than Minnesota today because of Alberta’s huge economy. The Canadian dollar is also closing in on the American one due to Canada's energy boom so it really makes not much sense to work in the States anymore. If you, as a young graduate, have been contemplating to move, don't go to Minnesota. Head to booming Alberta specially the city of Calgary. The only disadvantage of working in Calgary is the high cost of living (crowded, everyone wants to be there), but companies are for the most part eager to compensate for the difference.

I always suspected this was the case and not just with welfare either. It's just that other ethnic groups are more apt at concealing their flaws.

juba   

Originally posted by Brown:

The off the welfare rate for Somalis is higher than the Madows

"Most non-Habashi door knob...."

can some1 say identity crisis? :rolleyes:

anyyyyhoo...yes im very happy to hear this statistic but somalis still have a long way to go...getting off welfare n getting a job as a janitor is not exactly the american dream...yet the somalis r survirors n im proud!