Sign in to follow this  
Malika

Motherhood

Malika   

Last night, my baby girl wanted to tell me all about the haunted house she saw on the news, she was so excited and was getting louder and louder as she spook. It was late evening I was tired and busy, I got impatient; my response to her excitement was “its late go to bed now”. As she walked away I could see and feel her disappointment and bruised soul, as the tone of my voice was harsh. I sat there, caught in the realisation of what I had just done, looking at what I was doing, in front of me a student’s homework with a very positive comment written by me on it. The realisation hit me hard; there I was being positive and thoughtful at how I should encourage so and so to produce high quality work. At the same here I was crushing my little girl’s confidence and self esteem. I got up and followed her to her room, kneed down next to her bed and did my best to apologies for the uncalled harshness. She accepted my apology and I asked her if I could slide next to her in bed, so she can tell me all about the haunted house. That gave us the opportunity to talk about the existence of Ghost and so on. As I was leaving the room, we hugged and kissed, I left her knowing she is very important to me and my love for her is unconditional and am only human so to keep in mind my shortness. The moral of my little story is the revelation I had. If I were to die last night, the child/ern I was focusing hard on to improve will forget who I was in few years time, but my daughter will remember me for the rest of her life. Hence the importance of investing all my energy to build and sustain a balanced relationship with her…Invest in those you love I say! smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Last night I was greeted with usual DADDY!! (Aabo changed to Daddy thanks to her trip to the UK last summer!) and the first thing she did was grab her football, put it on the floor and kick it. Gooooaaal! I then sat her down and tried to get her to eat with me as she hadn’t eaten her dinner yet. That proved impossible so it was off to ‘Donalds’ for a happy meal and a fillet burger for me :cool:

Nephissa   

Alla abbaayo maskiin-sanidaa. :D . I never got affection as a kid, the scary dheg-dheer and qori-is-maris were my bedtime stories [but I always fell asleep happily after the stories], narrated by none other then the booyeeso or the new geel-jire cousin in town. Mom used to threaten me with iskoobo if I didn't go to bed..forget about sliding next to me, apologizing! How many nites did I sleep with a gum in my mouth to only wake up half of my hair stuck to my skull..and mom standing there with scissors snip snip snip..ready to pinch me too...was my soul bruised? NO! Did it crush my self-esteem and confidence? NO. Am I psycologically damaged as a result to that? NO! Do I expect my mom to apologize to me :D ? the hell is she apologizing to a kid for? LOL. I love my mom dearly [omg I'm getting a lump in my throat..] I'd sacrifice my independence for one more moment being whooped by her and the happiness and sense of security that gave me ;) .

Waaxay cunug loo apologize gareenaayo! 3asa bi 3asa aa la yiri.

Zafir   

^LOOL I think you spoke for all of the Solers (born late 7ties) growing up, except for me, my mom was malika and I, Nephy (but a boy). :D:D

maansha Allah Malika. that was great story. how many mothers would do that? your kids are lucky and iam proud of you sister.

Nephy you are funny and crazy too :D

My mother apologizes to me if she does not cal me 10 time aday when i get little sick. If she ever snapped at me, or beat me, she would apologize and always buy me things to make it up to me. :D . May Allah bless her and all our mothers.

Malika   

Lol..Nephthys I had a mother like yours,oh boy! the whooping,the pinching and the cursings..Lol You got to love their version of tough love though..but after she whoops you my mother would buy you Ice cream or buy you fanta! I am sure that was her way of apologising.

I am a softy softy mother,I believe if I spend the whole day being nice to others and tolerant of them why cant I do the same with my own flesh and blood...

Pujah   

^^ Masha allah you is a good mom - laakiin spoilka badan kadaaf - mar mar laba haraanti ugali.

Oh my I feel sorry for Nephy’s baby – somehow I have image of her eyeballing the little one daring him to cry ala “waar aakasexane shib deh waryaa ...iyo kab biibeesa “ :Dicon_razz.gif

Khalaf   

You switch up da names...was kinda confused on who dat be.......masha-Allah nice story to read from a beautiful person. Thanks for sharing sister.

Blessed   

Motherhood rocks, my baby just fills me with explosive happiness. She’s started to wake me up with a shower of kisses, these days. It’s so cute!

I get a lot of rubbish for this but I'm definitely from your KFC (ka farxi caruurta) school of thought. It has won me the best habaryaro award with my nieces. :D Honestly, they’re only young once. Make the most of it while it lasts. I was spoilt rotten (esp. from my habo) as a kid and it hasn't ruined me but my spoilees have very special place in my heart.. ;)

-Lily-   

Erm...if you don't apologise to your child when you're wrong or have been mean how will they learn to do so when they are in the wrong?

Puja, promoting child abuse, I'm shocked! icon_razz.gif

I once slapped my little brother because he made me so mad and felt sick the whole day, needless to say I was on his beck and call for a week after that.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

I'm not going to even pretend that I know the connection or is that a special bond that only exists between a mother and a daughter because I have not the slightest of idea what is it but I know there must be a certain bond that exists between the two...how do I know it?

Well...when my late mom was sick she was surrounded by three of her boys including me and each one of us had a role to play...mine was to give her a foot massage since I was the youngest and rub vicks on her back ets while the eldest's role was to foot her hospital bill and the middle guy was to make sure she got everything she needed including long hours of phone calls to my Aabo and keep him and the rest of the family upto date...

One day she told my two brothers to go back to their families in Holland and US respectively and asked my eldest sister who was in UAE with her husband and kids to come immediately and couple of days after she arrived mom passed away...

it took me years and years to figure out why she chose her daughter over her two 'boys' and thanks to her today I understand that there is a special bond between a Hooyo and her daughter and I'm not surprised one bit by Malika's story and it brought sweet memories back and for that I thank her for sharing this beautiful story with all us.

Peace, Love & Unity.