Che -Guevara

UAE disbands training mission in Somalia

ABU DHABI, 15th April, 2018 (WAM) -- The UAE has decided to disband its military training programme in Somalia which started in 2014 to build the capabilities of the Somali army.

The decision comes in response to Somali security forces' seizure of a UAE-registered civil aircraft at Mogadishu Airport and confiscation of money destined to pay the soldiers.

The UAE and Somalia are bound by historical relations based on mutual respect and the UAE Forces had carried out a number of training missions for thousands of Somalis to build up their capabilities. In addition, the UAE has been paying the salaries of 2407 Somali soldiers and built three training centres, a hospital, and dispatched Emirati medical teams for treating Somalis.

The UAE is supervising the counter-piracy maritime police force in Puntland where the UAE has been effectively contributing to leveraging the capacities of the Somali military and security facilities while supporting efforts to fight terrorism in collaboration with a number of international parties and the African Union's forces in Somalia.

The UAE has expressed its denunciation of the seizure incident which flies in the face of diplomatic traditions and ties between world countries and contravenes the agreements signed by both countries.

WAM/Hatem Mohamed/Tariq alfaham

Mooge   
11 minutes ago, cadnaan1 said:

I know puntland will lose few million dollars but for the long term this is good for Somalia.

your HAG will lose the bulk of the money. our team is alright without the help of Turkey, UAE, Qatar, we have been doing really well all these years.

lol@Mooge,

I think if we don't sort out our affairs. All Somalis will lose. At the point, we are all pawns whether you are "HAG" or not. We are the mercy of bigger powers.

Oodweyne,

I don't think they will cancel right away. That said, I think UAE were never interested in development the port. 

I believe UAE is putting all their baskets in Berbera, They will cancel Bosaaso deal.

And eventually Berbera will follow, These novice arabs can not hadle heat.

cadnaan1   
2 hours ago, Mooge said:

your HAG will lose the bulk of the money. our team is alright without the help of Turkey, UAE, Qatar, we have been doing really well all these years.

U need to move on it is almost 30 years cuqdada iska saar maanta villa somalia waxaa fadhiya reer gedo.

galbeedi   

Somali business coalition could build Boosaaso or even Berbera. The problem is politicians are looking kickbacks for Dubai deals. They could create public, private partnerships to build these ports. The federal government must allocate some money for these ports .

Dubai is a criminal mafia group. We must not allow them to enter any Somali territory.