Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Milosevic Found Dead

Ibtisam   

you people argue about everything; :rolleyes:

I’m going to ask you guys a question: if these people where not Muslims would you still dislike BUSH, Sharon, Milosevic: This question goes for all of you;

SB: it is what he did to other humans, that makes me hate them, regardless of whether they are Muslims or not, they are human being and deserve to be treated like everyone else, they have families who care for them, and who want to see justice. The fact that one is dead, the other nearly dead is a B*itch to the families they destroyed.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ on a personal note: I hate these people because they’ve damaged humanity, and they brought so much injustice and suffering to hundreds of thousands of ppl. However, you cannot like a person who’s hurting or damaging your interests, its that simple– we should condemn people who murder innocent people, or hurt them directly or indirectly. There are a lot of things we hate, and there are many things we tolerate that we should hate – a murder dying – is justice served, regardless whether he murdered Muslims or not.

Rahima,

Very snarky there our dear doyenne!

Originally posted by Abu-Jamal:

You are fighting a losing battle awoowe if you hoping to divide the Muslim Ummah.

I'm not after division of any people -- muslims or otherwise. And there is no Ummah to divide, awoowe. So you can let down your over-the-top suspicion guards.

Sxb, atleast try to learn from your role models[bush+Sharone],the art of deception.

Concrete, irrefutable evidence of your prejudice: ascribing to me what I'm not and don't believe. Can you produce a single shred of evidence? Just one sentence of me pledging allegiance or support to either of these men?

Originally posted by Northerner:

SB

The Bosnians and Arabs my not be BLACK AFRICANS but they are Muslims. This is the reason why you should feel sorrow for them. End of, full stop.

And if they, Bosnians, aren't muslims you're saying we shouldn't feel sorrow for them?

It is also natural to feel sorrow for the millions of Ruwandans who suffered the Genocide (not officially a Genocide) in 1994 (i think) this is because they simply suffered

Will you make up your mind? You just said above that YOU'RE empathizing with is Bosnians for their faith. Which is it that elicits your empathy? Human suffering or the faith of the victims. You can't have it both ways! If you can't see HOW you can't believe both at the same time, I'll be happy to show you. But first make up your mind.

Why did they take you in, protect your human right (fleeing a war), make you a citizen (as you do not have a country), give you free education etc etc when you are obviously not white???

No, I'm not white. But predominantly white society DID take me in and gave me a new chance in life. Why? Many reasons. They're far less tribalistic, more idealistic. Value life and human dignity more than the developing world. Have human rights not only constitutionally ingrained but socially inoculated. And many more, what's your point?

Nothing, but does that mean we should'nt be sympathetic to their cause? This is the kafir's way of thinking.

The Kafir way of thinking is, evidently, more sympathetic to human suffering then the Ummah/Somali way of thinking. Me, and many other somalis living in the diaspora are living and breathing prove of this assertion.

Prove it
:D

You asked me to prove that Bosnians aren't my brothers/sisters.

I don't have to: one can't prove what doesn't exist. You made the claim of existance what doesn't exist, the onus is on YOU to prove/support your claim.

Originally posted by ibtisam:

you people argue about everything; :rolleyes:

True say. Funny how you're always in the eye of the storm heh. A friendly advice: when shidh hits the fan, take cover!!!

I’m going to ask you guys a question: if these people where not Muslims would you still dislike BUSH, Sharon, Milosevic: This question goes for all of you;

First, I don't dislike Bush as much as Sharon and Milosevic.

Sharon, unequivocally dislike him for what he did. In particular forthe raids of Palastinian villages he commanded in 1953 and of course the Lebanon invasion. Ditto, for Milosevic too.

SB: it is what he did to other humans, that makes me hate them, regardless of whether they are Muslims or not, they are human being and deserve to be treated like everyone else, they have families who care for them, and who want to see justice.

Good for you!

Ibtisam   

^^^i know it is good for me! :D

in any case stop being so damn defensive. and the rest of you, i am sure you are aware that making assuptions based of little if any evidence is not allowed in ISlam. (sorry preaching goes both ways). so give it a rest!!

Ibtisaam,

It seems again we're having communication breakdown... I only got snippets of what you sent over the airwaves. I heard you say: it's good for you being defensive... that don't make any sense :confused: Try again, this time speak loud and clear...

signing out... somewhere over the Atlantic.

N.O.R.F   

SB, I’m trying very hard to understand your points so be patient with me here.

Will you make up your mind? You just said above that YOU'RE empathizing with is Bosnians for their faith. Which is it that elicits your empathy? Human suffering or the faith of the victims. You can't have it both ways! If you can't see HOW you can't believe both at the same time, I'll be happy to show you. But first make up your mind.

Why can I not feel sorrow for both Muslims and non-Muslims who have been through or going through an ordeal? This is not a one dimensional debate. Go ahead and please highlight how both are not possible. But please do not contradict something you have said earlier as this only makes it easier for me to refute.

No, I'm not white. But predominantly white society DID take me in and gave me a new chance in life. Why? Many reasons. They're far less tribalistic, more idealistic. Value life and human dignity more than the developing world. Have human rights not only constitutionally ingrained but socially inoculated. And many more, what's your point?

My point was, if you are asking me not to feel sorry for a population who are white and Muslim then why are you appreciative of a people of the same colour who happen to be non-Muslim? Now before you make the assumption that I do not like non-Muslim white people (some exceptions), I’m simply highlighting the short-comings in your argument here. Would you say the same if it had happened to the Canadians? Ie why bother with them? Or is that ‘different’? The what did they (Bosnians) do for me argument will not suffice.

Also, your opinion of the west being less tribalistic, more idealistic and value human life more than the people in the 3rd world is another dicussion. Please start the appropriate thread. I disagree.

The Kafir way of thinking is, evidently, more sympathetic to human suffering then the Ummah/Somali way of thinking. Me, and many other somalis living in the diaspora are living and breathing prove of this assertion.

Again I disagree. Like I said start the appropriate thread.

You asked me to prove that Bosnians aren't my brothers/sisters.

I don't have to: one can't prove what doesn't exist. You made the claim of existance what doesn't exist, the onus is on YOU to prove/support your claim.

If I’m not mistaken you said Bosnian (Muslim Bosnians) are not our brothers and sisters. I asked you to prove it, if you cant then concede. My proof is the simple fact that they Muslims.

Give me something to think about SB!

Jaylaani   

What do you guys think about the SOMALI war criminals?

Should we advocate for the SOMALI victims that were murdered in the hands of their own MUSLIM government the same way we’re supporting Bosnians and other Muslims around the world?

Originally posted by Northerner:

Why can I not feel sorrow for both Muslims and non-Muslims who have been through or going through an ordeal? This is not a one dimensional debate. Go ahead and please highlight how both are not possible. But please do not contradict something you have said earlier as this only makes it easier for me to refute.

I'm strapped for time, so I'll be very brief. You wanna know why YOU can't hold the ideas at the same time? The reason is they're mutually contradictory! If you feel sorrow for other's suffering based solely on their condition and not anything else, you can't at the same time say you'll empathise with others in anguish because they're muslims. The two don't square well against each other. I can't help you any further than that.

My point was, if you are asking me not to feel sorry for a population who are white and Muslim then why are you appreciative of a people of the same colour who happen to be non-Muslim? Now before you make the assumption that I do not like non-Muslim white people (some exceptions), I’m simply highlighting the short-comings in your argument here. Would you say the same if it had happened to the Canadians? Ie why bother with them? Or is that ‘different’? The what did they (Bosnians) do for me argument will not suffice.

Not quite sure what you're asking me here. I'll see if I can later, maybe I'll respond then.

Also, your opinion of the west being less tribalistic, more idealistic and value human life more than the people in the 3rd world is another dicussion. Please start the appropriate thread. I disagree.

Why don't you start since you're the one disagreeing with common fact!

If I’m not mistaken you said Bosnian (Muslim Bosnians) are not our brothers and sisters. I asked you to prove it, if you cant then concede. My proof is the simple fact that they Muslims.

Not everyone agrees that being muslim is what predicates kinship, so you're supposed 'proof' is highly subjective not to mention impalatable.

Again, Bosnians aren't my brothers by blood or even by nationality.

Gabbal   

Again, Bosnians aren't my brothers by blood or even by nationality.

Fine, honestly nobody cares. But get out of other people's grilz when they say Bosnians are their brothers.

All about the attention folks, all about the attention.

^ :D You think?

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

What do you guys think about the SOMALI war criminals?

They should all be hanged! Mind you, the operative word here is "all." What I particularly dislike is stunts like the Cali Samatar case and Cabdi Qeybdiid's arrest in Sweden. This is selective justice carried out by "certain" groups (not a pan-Somali movement). If we go after Somali war criminals, there must be an agreement to go after all of them - those war criminals from the military dictatorship to the war criminals in the post-91 era.

Selective justice leads to those who rush to point out that Somalia's war criminals aren't limited only to Cali Samatar and Cabdi Qeybdiid.