Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Chasing Safia.

Baashi   

Oops! I take that^ comment back :D . I checked the M&M factory mzee Castro was referring to and my goodness that section is so crowded I couldn't even got chance to read all the replies and the story itself. Well done.

BOB   

LooooL@ Baashi.. :D:D My ribs hurt from all the laughter...especially the Tubako, Bajuni Witch-Craft and Iskoris part...(I'm Iskoris.. is that Bad? lol)...as a proud born and bred Calanley-Majengo i believe we were wrongfully associated with all these things thanks to the Farjanne folks who spread these lies like a wildfire but then again whos to say we were innocent when it came to putting one over the folks at Farjanne.

I grew up believing that all the guys from Farjanne were Sissies who played football like girls and punched like girls and I swear i believed the only thing they were good at was Sniffing glue & petrol, popping Valium, raping and beating up the poor and defenseless girls and i must add the inventors of FEEL (Don't laugh) until i came to Utange where i met and got to know many guys whom i came to admire beyond belief and today it feels great to be a grown up man who has nothing but LOVE & RESPECT for my comrades from the north of the city.

PS.Brother,I give you my number and give me a buzz when you come Insha Allah so that i can show you around my kingdom and introduce you to the few brothers and sisters from Kista that are here with me and we'll also speak to your old Homeboy A.Ali "Eelaay" down in Lusaka-Zambia Insha Allah... Take Care Lawaalkiis.

Peace,Love & Unity.

BOB   

Someone was knocking at the door, What if it was Safia? He imagined her coming in and looking around disgustingly at his terrible little room. "So this is how far you've got since you stopped wasting with me?" she asked with a malicious smile. "And where's the wealth and what did you do with all the millions?". he was burning with shame, yet why should he be ashamed? he hadn't killed anybody! what was there to be ashamed of?.

The knocking was getting louder, he finally had to open the door. at the door stood his neigbour Musa telling him that his dad wanted him immediately. Ibrahim told him to say that he was sick.

Musa would've been happy to report that Ibrahim was lying, but could see that he was telling the truth, his face was pale and his teeth were chattering. Once alone, Ibrahim locked the door and fell back on the mattress, it was too late. fate,cruelly made Ibrahim and Safia despair of each other, how else could Ibrahim have assumed that Safia brought along her new 'LOVER' to spite him?

In fact, the supposed lover was her older brother whom she hasn't seen for ages, he was back home from overseas for Holiday and she brought him with her other wise her parents wouldn't have allowed her to go out but now she had her brother as an excuse and just as she expected her parents didn't object. she was excited to be back home and couldn't wait to see her Ibrahim once again and apologize for her childish behaviour and since she imagined how much she must've hurt her beloved Ibrahim with her cold and cruel words..she took a vow and made a promise to herself that she wont let anybody ever come between them, but loving thoughts don't always reach the person who inspires them as Boodhari (God Bless His Soul) taught us that Love Is A Source Of Wounding Misunderstandings.

When Ibrahim saw Safia walk into the library with the 'stranger' all he could think was that she despised him for being a nobody who hadn't accomplished anything (Safia, who didn't know the meaning of the word Ambition) and when she caught his bitter look,(Yes, she saw him)she felt all her charm for him. "So he can't stand the sight of me" she thought. neither of them gave a thought to her poor brother who didn't seem to notice anything.

On Saturday her brother went back overseas to his family and Safia waiting (for she didn't know what) for some greater certainty and when she was told that Ibrahim was seeing this hottie from Shaqaalaha, she flew back to Sweden. (Why do some people like to lie to those who are closest to them..in other words..those who trust them?)

"It's all the best" she told her best friend Hodan (whom she begged to accompany her) on the plane. "I was right to get mad at him in the first place, obviously he wasn't serious, he really did think that he was wasting his time with me, if he didn't, he would've tried to get in touch with me again. it can't be that easy to discourage somebody who Loves & cares for you."

"You got mad at him for nothing, and worse you didn't even let up when he called you to apologize" replied her loyal friend Hodan.

Safia raised her hands to her burning cheeks and looked at Hodan intently, thinking of her remark.

"You're right" she nodded severely. "I didn't behave like some one who was in love. we prolly didn't really fit each other so even if i had gone back when he phoned me, it wouldn't have worked out". But she regretted everyday that she hadn't said 'Yes..Yes, I will come' when Ibrahim phoned her in Sweden. If only she had known that she would never hear from him ever again and she would have settle with asking people about him and the most of the times the people were only too happy to decieve her even more, that's why they suddenly invented a pretty new lover for Ibrahim.

She must've been out of her mind, she told Hodan, she also confessed that when she went to the library she hoped that Ibrahim would be there and she would see him and she would seduce him with a look but there she was running to Sweden instead of going back to him.

Ibrahim came to a sudden and strange conclusion and he thought to himself "If my father doesn't want to give me S.SH 10,000 to start my project with, then he wont see me with that kind of Please-Give-Me look, he wont see me beg neither him nor the goverment.

He longed to get away from people and most of all away from anything and anybody that would remind him of his beloved Safia.

"I would take a job at one of those large hotels near the beach in Kemboni to earn my keep and the cost of all the equipment i need" he thought.

But in truth, the only reason he was fleeing from the city that was most beloved to him is because he couldn't bear seeing Safia parading her new lover around and to be jealous of a person one claims doesn't LOVE is the most ridiculous form of vanity but in Safia & Ibrahim's case we know otherwise.

Ibrahim needed all tricks and excuses known to man to convince his dad to let him go and work in Kemboni to earn his 10K and finally make something out of life.

After few argument filled days his father finally agreed to let him go but on one condition. he wont be allowed to leave until he's offered a job with reasonable wages and since all those Hotels had offices and agents in the city Ibrahim agreed and after few days of going back and forth, he landed a job at Kudhaa Sea Club, working four days a week as a desk clerk.

Kudhaa Sea Club was the largest and the busiest hotel in the entire East African coast, it was a world class hotel which made it the favourite play-ground of the rich & famous.

Ibrahim certainly had no idea of his standing in the world, looking on his job as a way to provide for his room and boat while he taught himself how to dive into the depth of the ocean and he did not expect that anyone would take him for a servant, and as soon as he stepped out of the taxi, he began to earn to acrimony reserved for the people who doesn't know their place.

Two porters broughta trolley to carry his bags to the staff house while a third led him inside the main building. he tipped them all, oblivious of the offeded looks they gave him as they pocketed the money. Did he think he was a cut above the rest? He didn't but these f00ls decided right there and then to make his relatively easy job a hard one. they vowed to make him hate the whole place and finally decide to quit the job but was he a soft target who couldn't stand up for himself? was he a quitter?

He met the supervisor who was an older gentleman named Yusuf and he came across as a friendly man and easy to talk to and they immediately struck a good and meaningful conversation and Ibrahim learned that besdies the forty bungalows renting for a S.SH 500.00 a day, there were many other suites in the main building at S.SH 300.00 a day which shocked Ibrahim. "Who could afford to stay here?" Ibrahim exclaimed.

"A better class of people than you see in any other hotel" answered Yusuf.

"What an obscene money"

"We have our own yatch and a championship golf course" bragged the Supervisor.

"There isn't much of it left" Ibrahim commented, wondering whether he would ever identify that much with a place where he had to work.

"This must be the first job you've ever had"

"Hey, that's right..how did you know?"

"Just guessing"

Ibrahim liked Yusuf in spite of his mocking tone, "You're clever Sir"

"How kind of you to notice..have a seat" replied Yusuf, evidently welcoming every opportunity to show off his strength, he picked up a heavy chair with one hand and hoisted it effortlessly over the counter. "Tennis" he explained in response to Ibrahim's amazed look. A tall,strong man in his mid-forties with quick black eyes and had an easy grace for an old timer like himslef. gifts of form or style common to refined sportsmen and apart from sport his passions were talking and reading.

"I borrowed an old camera with underwater casing, i hope to take some pictures of the seabed" Ibrahim told him, wishing to estebalish himselfd as a nature lover.

"So you'll be getting a lot of colour film to develop" Yusuf promptly refused to have anything to do with with diving. "it would bore me and ruin you" he replied. "I have a lab at home, so why don't i teach you how to develop film and let you use the darkroom in the evening and don't look so worried, i wont charge you for it" He had been a highschool teacher in Faanoole until he lost interest. the former teacher and former student , both forcibly interrupted in their scholary pursuits, got along very well and as the sheer of sudden comradeship made Ibrahim feel likeable and important again, he wanted to talk about Safia.

He asked about the rich residents of the Island. "Do you see them much around the club?"

"No, you don't"

"How come?"

"That's the whole point dear boy, they don't want to be seen. it may not have occured to you, but nobody needs to lay out the kind of money they do, just to buy a bit of land and some beach,all those extra millions go erect the expense barrier to keep out the poor, God forbid, lowlifes like you and me and the not so terribly rich"

"You still think i don't count for nothing?" interrupted Ibrahim.

"What at extra-ordinary idea?" gasped Yusuf.

"That's how they look at you, isn't it? you're what you've got..that's all you amount to".

"If that was the case, they wouldn't invite me, anyway, you could pick up some tips for the stock market and then you'd amount to more, I haven't done badly".

Ibrahim shook his head in disagreement.. "I am not interested in making money that way profitting from other people's work"

"Heavens dear boy, you're hard to please"

Ibrahim got up from his chair to examine or should i say scan the whole room.... "But you don't think Xaaji Lacag's daughter would marry for money, do you? as she is already a rich girl"

"Ah, i was wondering what all this was about, so you know the pretty little Angel then huh?"

"Not really" replied Ibrahim. his voice betrayed a deep sense of dissatisfaction.

"Where did you two meet?"

"In a bus"

"Are you trying to tell me that the daughter of Xaaji Lacag was in a public transport with you?"

"Why is it so hard for every one to believe me?"

"Simple, her father can afford to take her to school with a private jet...never mind dear boy, that is not the issue here..is it? but you are right, she is in a class by herself and you don't need to worry about her, she's perfect and incredibly down to earth as she is a Princess in her own right".

This remark made Ibrahim frown and it hurt to hear this old and married man talk about his Safia and describe her in a way he thought he only should since she was his Princess and no old man's and he couldn't help getting jealous of his so-called supervisor.

When to the heart of a man was it ever less than a treason to go with the drift of things, to yeild with a grace to reason and bow and accept the end of a love or a season and move on? Why is Love always unkind to the true lover with genuine and kind heart?

They say LOVE is only four letter words, but so are PAIN and HELL.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Baashi   

^Super!

You got the fire in the belly BOB. Why don't you harness all this talent and enegry and go for a book. I will help. I have some ideas and it is always good to give a shot. What you got to lose buddy eh?

Sxb yicaal sikmaayo gareeda yaawe. Ram rohe aa gii'u bandeysay. Kaliin lawigeed yicaal rafjano noozaha raa'gada yio rawshada lihibka tixaa naafoole yi'agaa caalibiin ha'aan rijay ;) . Nadhka lake lagti yio shamayaale oo nadh faaxadaas ee goojeen :D

BOB   

Very few things remain the same and nothing lasts forever in this life filled with obstacles including love and as disheartening as it sounds, that is life and we all know one never gets what one deserves.

What does one do when he can't have the girl he truly loves with all his heart & soul all because he wasn't born with the silver spoon?

Ibrahim must've cursed his luck (if he ever had one) millions of times for being born poor, for being the only prince in this cruel world who had no millions safely tucked away with no servants picking after him, but deep down inside he knew that no wealth in the world would ever compare the joy he felt every time he was with his beloved Safia, but would she give up her paradise for the hell his poverty promised, after all this is a princess who was a millionaire from the moment she came into this world and what would her loving parents say when they find out that their beautiful daughter was seeing a boy from the lowest of low background behind their back, whose father had less money than even their gardener and would her spoiled friends ever accept him as one of their own?

The world fell from Ibrahim's lips and lifting his eyes from the note he was reading, the same note that she gave him when they first met. He sought an answer among the thin grass which he was sitting on, finding only the distraction of a stray of ant scurrying along under the burden of a dead fly, he spat at the insect with great accuracy engulfing it with gob of saliva.

For some minutes he watched closely as the ant struggled to free itself and eventually succeeded and that somehow amazed him and at the same time reminded him the predicament he found himself in and how desperate he was for his beloved to rescue him, but the intelligent fool knew that wasn't going to happen and he was beginning to accept tht his life wasn't a fairytale straight from the Hollywood movie scripts and above all he knew that Love is not just feelings and emotions. it's what you believe deep inside your heart.

Dozing nearby on a wooden bench in Kismayo Central Park, Ibrahim awoke with a startled jerk. "What? What? What?" he exclaimed, and then seeing his father standing over him with teary eyes rattled him, he eased himself forward and hugged his father without even saying a word.

"What became of you my dear son?" mourned his father with tears flowing from his eyes.

Obediently Ibrahim wiped the tears away from his father's eyes while almost drowning within his own and started planting kisses all over his father's face and try as he may, words just wouldn't come out of his mouth, it felt like his tongue went numb.

"I'm, if not shocked, certainly disappointed in you, you are quite mad" said his father.

"Oh, indeed. isn't that why I am here on this bench all by myself? but I am on the rehabilitation course. I will be leaving this sickening world shortly. therefore, consider me no madder than the rest of this rotten humanity". Ibrahim said sarcastically.

"You really are enjoying yourself at my expense, aren't you Ibrahim and not for the first time. I keep rising to your bait...I don't know what has come over you these past few months. You used to be a bright kid and always ready to stretch out the helping hand. now, ever since you met that clueless girl you became distant, its like I don't know who you are anymore...what is going on dearest? Talk to me please and tell me I didn't neglect you, for that would surely disappoint your mother (God Bless Her Soul) and I don't think my heart can cope with all these tension anymore as I am not as young and strong as I once was. Is there a problem between you two, did you guys had a fight, argument or something...tell me please before my heart stops beating and I fall dead" his father pleaded almost begging.

"Don't say that Dad, you know you are the greatest Dad in the world and I love you more than the life itself and I would never do anything to hurt you let alone causing you death...where would I be without you Dad?" said Ibrahim whilst hugging his old man before starting to cry profusely again.

"Sssshhhh, don't cry sonny, its alright, I love you too, you are my life and I can't bear to see you hurting as it will hurt me even more and I don't want to lose you" cried the painter overcome by his parental instincts.

"Dad, I think I may have lost her" whispered Ibrahim.

"What happened?"

"We had an argument over something silly really and its all my fault" confessed Ibrahim.

"to love anyone is nothing else than to wish that person a happiness, at whatever cost to yourself. True love, your heart will know because it's a feeling you can never forget, deeper than the sea and more intense than the sun and what we need to do right now, is come up with a plan and figure out what we need to do to get her back" replied his father.

"I don't think she will ever want to see me again"

"Now hold on a second here sonny, just because someone doesn't love you in the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they've got" encouraged his father.

"What am I going to say to her?"

"you are going to do exactly what most men whose hearts are forever broken did not do"

"and what is that Dad?" said Ibrahim with excitement.

"Men are fo0ls and most of the time they let their stup!d pride get in the way between them and the woman they love simply because they aren't brave enough to apologize to the only woman who would ever love them after their mothers and I can't allow you to repeat the same mistake" lectured his father.

"Where did you learn all these stuff from?"

"I once was a teenager remember? and there has never been a better teacher than age my dearest so go and apologize to that girl and tell her how you feel about her and how much you love her because women love nothing more than a man who isn't afraid to say (I'm Sorry) and toping it by revealing his feelings and sealing it off by saying how much he loves her while looking into the depth of her eyes".

Ibrahim couldn't believe his father was turning a love doctor on him but wasn't he glad that his father gave him the shoulder and the encouragement he desperately needed and he knew with all his heart that his beloved Safia would take him back the moment she hears him say Sorry but would she? smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Safia's friends saw a stranger approaching and his eyes raking the vicinity as if in search of a lost treasure.

"So he has come" hissed Safia.

"Who has come?" asked her friend, the same girl who has given Ibrahim an earful before.

"The boy who destroyed my soul beyond repair" and for the first time her friends saw a trace of fear in Safia's face. fear mingled with Love. Love conquered.

"That thing? Oh Safia...you ought to do a whole lot better than that" uttered her friend entirely ignoring her friend's feelings for "That Thing"..

"Oh Shut up...I tell you his name is Ibrahim and don't you ever forget it" fumed Safia.

Ibrahim approached calmly even if he couldn't hide his delight when he sat his sights on Safia...the most beautiful picture his eyes hasn't seen for ages and only God knows how much he missed her.

He smiled at her nervously not knowing whether she will welcome him or humiliate him in front of her friends who didn't even bother to look at his direction except for Hodan who was genuinely smiling at him.

"Salam Aleikum W.W..Hi Safia...Hodan and ladies, how are you all doing?" greeted Ibrahim bravely, never wanting to show any sign of fear.

"Wa Aleikum Salam W.W" greeted back Safia & Hodan in unison, while others just nodded their head.

"Can I talk to you for a second Safia...alone...Please?" asked Ibrahim politely.

"Sure...excuse me Ladies...I wont be long" said Safia and with that she got up feeling all the weight in the world over her feminine shoulders and she didn't know what Ibrahim would say but always the optimist, Safia was praying within her head & heart that Ibrahim came to patch things up.

"I can't believe how long its been" said Ibrahim out of sheer joy that he's finally able to be around her.

"How you been Ibrahim and how is your Dad doing?"

"Not as good as you but Dad is doing alright"

"What do you mean...I thought you got tired of seeing my face...is that why you never called?"

"Safia, even in death you will still remain the one I would choose to be with over any other girl in the whole world and no matter what I do or where I go, I will never stop loving you even for a single second as you are the greatest love my heart ever knew and you are the best thing that's ever happened to me and I hated living my life for the past couple of months for I couldn't go on without you being part of my life and I am here to say I'M SORRY from the bottom of this heart of mine that never knew any greater or sweeter love than the one it has for you and I am also here to beg for forgiveness" said the Prince with all the sincerity in the world and Safia could see a hint of a tear or two in his eyes and she couldn't help feeling sad and sorry for him at the same time and ohhh how miserable he looked.

"Oooh Ibrahim, I should be the one apologizing to you...and do it while on my knees because it's me who overreacted and i should beg you to take me back and I swear I would've done it a long time ago by now...had I only known where you live and I also tried to find you in the phone book but couldn't find your name" and with that Safia started to cry a genuine tears that overwhelmed Ibrahim.

"They said you were seeing another girl...they told me that you moved on with your life and forgot all about me and that day at the Library I came for the sole purpose of seeing your face once again and you avoided me and when I saw you leave, yeah I saw you, I was devastated and asked my brother to take me back home immediately" continued Safia with tears burning her smooth cheeks.

"Hahahahahhaha" chuckled Ibrahim.

"What's so funny?"

"and there I was thinking you were showing off your new flame, parading him around while holding hands...a sight that made me sick to my stomach, why else would I flee? it was the most painful sight and I wished to have gone blind and I would still rather go blind than see you walk out of my life Safia"

They say in jealousy there's more of self-love than love, for true love knows how to trust and happiness is not measured by how much you possess and what you have achieved but by knowing there's someone standing beside you at the very end but young Ibrahim didn't know all that and like a typical teenager he didn't think with his head but rather with his heart and he was now paying the price of it.

Safia even tried to place him somewhere among the villains she has dealt with before and in her Kingdom, villains were those who borrowed from her a pair of her designer shoes or bag or even one of the the latest dirac and never returned but did Ibrahim borrow her heart or he stole it which would've surely made him the greatest villain she has ever known.

"Take no notice of him, ladies, I beg you...he will be out of here soon and good riddance" said her cruel friend of Ibrahim.

"Go on, have a go at him, go on then, belt him one" replied Hodan in disgust with her friend.

"I never step on dog sh!t, not intentionally at any rate" mocked the friend back.

"Do you know how stup!d you sound by saying that?God, what exactly do you have against him?...what has he ever done to you...except be nice to you and respect you when you are truly not worthy of any...and you are lucky Safia didn't hear you talk about him like that" retaliated Hodan.

For some reason Ibrahim directed his gaze at Safia's friends and saw Hodan and the other girl arguing, whose name he later learned was Amal and he also learned that her father inherited a large sum of money from her grandparents who struck gold somewhere and she's absolutely spineless when it comes to dealing with...shall we say...the less fortunate? which Ibrahim certainly was.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Baashi   

Ahem! let me guess where the plot is heading...

Walee annigiyo Saafiyo Cismaan waa isku soconaayee! *smiling* There is true story behind this line.

Hodan, Safiyo, Idil, Ebyan, Hibo, Haboon, Ilwaad, Maandeeq, Bilan, Baxsan...

What a name! awoowe keep using these names. When it comes to dress, Guntiino iyo Maliindi will simply authinticate the Kismayo setting so dress bajaqdaan with these...Speaking of setting how come you are not taking the characters to khamiis dip in Fuumo beach ya know what I'm talking about...have them head toward Kudhaa...with all the lil islands in between...story punctuated with references of this incredible natural beauty...that would be awesome.

Blog it BOB!

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Brother Baashi...Soon Insha Allah...and Remember I will need your help Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Rudy...I tried German after you recommended it and I didn't like it one bit that's why I decided to stick to my own Kismayo Style which has never let me down thus far...Maybe its time you listened to my recommendation and tried Kismayo Style because you and I know how badly German, Spanish, Swedish and Venezuelan failed you... :D

Try ala Kismayo and I promise you...You are going to love it ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

The short holiday was over and it was time for Ibrahim to report back for duty and as much as he hated to leave behind the shining light of his life in Safia, he knew he had to do it and not only to please his frustrated father but also himself as he promised himself never to let anything come between him and his destiny including LOVE and to Ibrahim destiny meant nothing but wealth and he was truly convinced that someday soon he was going to be a very wealthy man, perhaps even wealthier than the great Xaaji Lacag himself and we all know too well that in life anything is possible and being ambitious never hurt nobody even if poverty is all that you've known all through your life.

Mr Yusuf, the friendly supervisor at Kudhaa Sea Club was somewhat pleased to see his new and love-sick young clerk report back for duty and he was looking forward to their private chat over a cup of special Kismayo tea which they both loved and it was an open secret to the rest of the employees that the supervisor liked the 'spoiled and arrogant' new desk clerk more than the rest but is it fair to Ibrahim to be seen as a 'Spoiled & Arrogant' by his peers at Kudhaa Sea Club just because he doesn't socialise with them and what would they do or say if they discovered his poverty-stricken background…ridicule him for being born poor and ultimately discriminate against him like they have always done in his short but tough life?

Ibrahim lived within his head and most of the times he was unaware of what was happening around him, if love has made Boodhari a poet, it made Ibrahim a daydreamer who spent most of his spare time in his own imaginative castle where he was the King and Safia his beautiful Queen.

"What's troubling you, Ibrahim?" all week Yusuf noticed how the young man seemed preoccupied as if there was something weighing on his mind, as Ibrahim was always independent, too concerned about hurting others to unburden his troubles on them and he had a way of keeping his thoughts to himself, but not today though, today he had a feeling that things were coming to a head and he needed to talk to some one before it was too late.

"It's my Safia" his soft voice was lost against his mutterings. Ibrahim looked up from his writings, watching Yusuf at work and as always wondering what would happen to his beloved Safia since he wasn't in Kismayo any longer and to say he missed her would surely be the understatement of the century.

Yusuf glanced at him "Sorry Ibrahim, what did you say"?

"Nothing important sir, it can wait"

"What's that about Safia?"

Ibrahim didn't answer straight away, instead he continued to observe him, noting how the long hard hours standing on that bloody desk drained him and he looked fairly older beyond his teenage years, yet even now he would have still been quite a catch for any girl, long of limb and dark of the eye, he was still an easy-looking guy with no life outside of his desk clerk job and his true dedication to his love, he was often lonely even though he could’ve found a new girl without too much bother but Yusuf felt he never would simply because the plain truth was that Ibrahim loved Safia beyond logic and though she wasn’t around he wanted no other.

"What about Safia?" Yusuf repeated, turning from his work, Ibrahim's dark eyes sought his face.

"I didn't think you were listening"

"Sorry about that Ibrahim"

"its alright Sir"

"Would you please stop calling me Sir?...you irritate me whenever you call me Sir"

"Sorry...Si..Ummhhh...I don't want you worrying, but..." Having started Ibrahim had to go on "I have been meaning to have a word with her, so I had"

Sensing Ibrahim's excitement Yusuf put down the file he was holding and came to sit opposite him.

"so, go on then and tell me"

"We made up and nothing wrong as I know of now" he shrugged his shoulders, trying to make light of it, already regretting being the cause of anxiety betrayed on Yusuf's face.

"Aw, sure it doesn't matter. its just a one of those teenage ramblings" excused Ibrahim.

"Huh! I've yet to see the day when you take to teenage rambling," "Come one Ibrahim, its obvious you're concerned about something and you'd best out with it".

"its just that I can't seem to get past the promise that I made to Safia" confessed Ibrahim.

Frowning, he asked "What kind of Promise?" Yusuf knew only too well that Safia was the joy of Ibrahim's life and he couldn't afford to shatter the dreams and the hopes of the young man and he had to choose his words carefully.

"I promised to her that I will quit the job and go back home to her" swallowing his grief he continued "you've been an absolute Godsend to me and you stood by me when the whole world seemed to be against me and I will forever be grateful to you as long as I Live" promised Ibrahim sincerely and he felt he owed him more than he could ever repay.

Unsure he searched his teary eyes looking for the truth, then suddenly leaning forward, he took hold of his hand and he knew Ibrahim was a special kid.

"Look here Ibrahim, I know you love her but what about your dream that you carried within ever since you were a toddler?" he kept his gaze locked with his, a fond smile creeping over his manly features and continued..."That doesn't mean I don't trust you or anything and I'd never want to hurt your feelings as I love you like you were my own flesh and blood".

Shame and guilt filled his young heart and now he was in dilemma.

"I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart" Ibrahim overcome by emotions broke their gaze and stared at his feet and continued to talk "I'm tempted to remain here for the remainder of my living days but I can't and please believe me when I tell you that all that I am, all that I see, all that I dream and I still do dream mind you, are brighter and more beautiful and they are all meaningful today than ever because of my feelings for Safia" mourned Ibrahim while casting his mind back to the past and briefly thought of how things used to be.

"Aw, I'm sure they would, where dream is involved a lady will always give the whole thing that bit extra" a cheeky grin lifted Yusuf's features.

"Do you know who you remind me of right now?" asked Ibrahim.

"Xaaji Lacag?" joked the supervisor and they both ended up laughing hard.

"I wish he was as understanding As you are...but naah, you remind me of my father who once dismissed my feelings for Safia as an adolescent crush" reminisced Ibrahim strating at the vast Indian Ocean.

"Was it ever a crush?" Asked Yusuf cautiously.

"You know crushes are like the wind, they come and go while my love for Safia has never been smaller than a mountain standing in the depth of my heart and that mountain will forever be here to stay till my last breath and to my last beat of my heart".

Here stood a boy who was never told to be anything when he grows up, just told to be something, but what is something? How can he be it? That is where his challenge lies...he has no idea what he wants to do with his life, apparently nobody else does either.

"Just do something" "You can be anything you want when you grow up Ibrahim" they would say and it's been years since he's first heard it from his father, but it still echos clearly in the back of his mind and to make matters worse, he's madly in love with the daughter of one of the richest men in the country, a girl who would never understand what 'Work' means as she's never had to work for anything in her entire life, anything and everything she could possibly ever want was handed to her on a silver platter.

He only has one choice left...Be a person to the furthest degree, He should never let the progress define him, define the progress for himself. he doesn't think that if he lived everyday five years ahead in time, he would ever truly enjoy where he has gotten. He wanted to focus at the present. He wanted to be comfortable making the mistakes in career choice that he's pretty sure he will end up facing because despite how hard he'd will it not to be so...If he's to live an enjoyable life, he will have to be the Worker Bee at some point, perhaps throughout...but he doesn't want his life's focus to be his career.

Ibrahim never wanted to be remembered as the CEO who pulled such and such company out of a financial rut but the man who lived his life to the fullest with all its heartaches & heartbreaks all beside the love of his life Safia.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

This one is slightly better. I like this xalimo Safiya. I'm not a fan of Ibrahim :rolleyes: Guy needs to get a grip of his emotions. :D