Sign in to follow this  
Passion_4_Fashion

HARD CHOICE?

Nephissa   

Any sane woman would save her husband. Its the hubby, hubby and hubby. He's my cushion for comfort,the one i share secrets laugh and play with, will grow old with if life lets me.

My son and brother will abandon me the day they find a wife of their own so why bother.

Originally posted by underdog:

quote:Originally posted by x_quizit:

U know the Feminist Coalition voted u as the guinea pig...tell us about this foreign concept of marriage and kids and how u like it...and depending on the answers, we'd choose what path to take...burn the good old falopian tubes or get in line for a decent farah
:D
...u up for the challenge?

peace

Of all the candidates you could send out to find happiness and fulfillment...you send DA????

I doubt her ego will let her come back and say married life is eternal bliss and faarax is the best thing since non-stick cookware.

First off, I want thank you two for talking about me as if I'm not there. UD, I for one object to your statement about me not having fulfillment and happiness in my life because I dont have a son or a husband. I happen to believe that people can be happy in many ways, without basing their whole existence on the institutions of marriage. That would be an empty and sad life really. And you are right, I do have the ego the size of God knows what, so what? :)

Originally posted by x_quizit:

LOL....DA, ur the prez and im the CEO so therefore ur replaceable:)...can't say the same for me....besides FF is climbing the ranks high these days...not to mention Bee, who has long since been a member since JKF was shot
icon_razz.gif

Peace

I'm just the president? I don't want to be just a sitting duck, so at this point, I will hand in my resignation. Let me add though, that I was once a lone soldier....the backbone of the Coalition infrastructure...and I think I have it me to continue the good fight..and build a new army ;)

Besides, I don't like being second in command ;)

underdog   

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

....That would be an empty and sad life really.

Are you saying that marriage and raising a family is empty and sad? That can't be what you mean.

Here, this is for you DA:

What Are The Benefits Of Marriage?

*Fulfillment of deen (the full practice of religion) is accomplished through marriage. In Islam, we recognize that marriage is the state to which we aspire - a situation that supports, in every aspect, our attainment of the state that will please our Creator. To fulfill the role Allah (SWT) designed specifically for us, marriage is important. It is through marriage that these roles are fulfilled. Anas bin Malik reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said, "When a man marries, he indeed perfects half of his religion. Then he should fear Allah for the remaining half" (Bukhari).

*For women, marriage provides support and protection, "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given one more (strength) than the other and because they support them from their means. Therefore, the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard" (3:34-36).

*Satisfying sexual desires/needs may only be accomplished through marriage. As Muslims, we understand that sex outside of marriage is forbidden and considered a major sin. Therefore, sexual desires may only be satisfied within a marriage. Marriage provides protection from sin, "They (wives) are like garments for you, and you are like garments for them" (2:187).

*Marriage provides companionship, "...the companion by your side (the wife)" (4:36).

http://www.islam-online.net/iol-english/dowalia/society-27-12/society1.asp

x_quizit   

"I'm just the president? I don't want to be just a sitting duck, so at this point, I will hand in my resignation. Let me add though, that I was once a lone soldier....the backbone of the Coalition infrastructure...and I think I have it me to continue the good fight..and build a new army ;)

Besides, I don't like being second in command ;)"

DA, lets not get hasty here, don't u see their methods of divide and conquer? how about co-captain?....sisterhood must always be one...so get ur bra burning on and long live feminism ;)

Peace

Militias? A choice? On which planet? They would all be dead in the blink of an eye, and so would you if you're lucky, otherwise its rape or worse. If it was me, I would count my lucky stars and get out of there pronto. Negotiate with militias indeed. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by x_quizit:

...not to mention Bee, who has long since been a member since JKF was shot
icon_razz.gif

I hope you're not calling me old. :mad:

Underdog,

I thought you were gonna stay clear of this tit-4-tat business? Best laid plans...eh?

Anywho, I dont think you can blame DA for wanting to avoid becoming a glorified maid...err...I meant, a happily contented wife.

Originally posted by underdog:

quote:Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

....That would be an empty and sad life really.

Are you saying that marriage and raising a family is empty and sad? That can't be what you mean.

A sad and empty life if a woman's definition of happiness and fulfillment is in her husband or sons ONLY.. sure. There's more to life! and in stead of addressing that point, you go and copy &paste from some website to speak make your case for you..tsk tsk... You're becoming one of the qaxooti crew, UD..what happened?

X, there can only be one head leader..and a second in command..ala bush and cheney.

and do I really have to burn my bra...I need the support, na'mean?

;)

NGONGE   

^^^ Heh. You must be feeling unwell today!

Too much innuendo in that last sentence for any man to read. :rolleyes:

I noticed women grow out of femenisim once they pass the age of 24 or 25.. given they dont fall a victim for an abusive man...

glad to see that some in SOL did actually mature out of it and are not as blindfolded as before....

Qac Qaac   

ee they have to settle down nooh, action jackson.. so they have to come down. that is a ok thing to do.. to come down to reality at 24 or 25.. haddii kale 35-40 ee single nimo ku gaarayaan..