Sign in to follow this  
Nur

SOL Admins, A suggestion For A New Page.

Seriously speaking, I am for the Mens room. They deserve it and with such a list Nur came up with, seems we do have a problem.

Leave it to the men to discuss the topics. Inshallah I wont mind sharing advice or two.

Fiamanillah.

I guess there is also a need for the section of dhalinyarada guurdoonka ah, plus a section where the conservatives can pool on their views without fearing from those ultra-liberalists' interventions.

Besides that, I agree with brother Nur for all his sincere proposals.

Jacpher   

With all due respect, this is nothing but a nuisance ad. Try a useful one.

Men’s section would promote females/males shoving one another to the curb. It would add more bickering and abusive power and as a result, many would be pounding at the pavement. Nothing more. The only benefit, enhance the self-esteem of few whose goal is to mark out a territory of their own and control it.

If you wish to engage a territorial game, go right ahead and implement this silly idea.

Nur: Your wish list can be applied to any female.

Quick question. Would the sisters be given the freedom to discuss whatever they want in men’s forum without being told, this-is-men’s-section-and-we-will-discuss-whatever-concern-us-and-if-you-do-no-like-it-then-do-not-open-this-section-quiet-simple.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Quick question. Would the sisters be given the freedom to discuss whatever they want in men’s forum without being told,
this-is-men’s-section-and-we-will-discuss-whatever-concern-us-and-if-you-do-no-like-it-then-do-not-open-this-section-quiet-simple.

^^^ If worse somes to worse,we can have a taste of our own medicine. :D

Ducaqabe,

The section may cause division but it is necessary by all means. There is a need to address such matters. And the best way is men to do among themselves. Our community that is Somali is in a dilemma, there arent enough male role models or atleast male leaders to show the way. As we now see most of the youth end up in gangs,getting involved in violence. Others, well end up in prison, unfortunate girls get pregnant etc etc. The is a big gap which needs to be filled in.

We are having a problem between culture, islamic values and morality. The only way to earn it back is by educating and sharing those age old wisdom. The girls had their mothers, as for the boys they had their fathers or anyone considered elder enough. And SOL is one of those places where people can share and learn from each other. So , why not?

Personally, I think there is more which can be discussed and be of help.Especially for a man who agrees on changing and admitting his shortcomings and aims for the best.

1.Role issues( ABCs for the son, father,husband,brother) work related, household related, community related.

2.Some basic communication skills how to carry themselves around ladies for example. What you can say and cant.

3.Islamically approved solutions (e.g character) , examples from the Prophet SAW, Ambiya and Sahaba.

4.Appearances, grooming skills. What can be worn when and wear.

5.Basic culinary and household skills.

6.Mens health.

Sorry there ^, but I just cant picture any self-respecting man going in there and pouring his heart out. I can only foresee the organ gringer and his monkeys giving 'khutbah' every now and then on how to accumulate four wives and keep them happy and that can be delivered in the Islam section as it is.

Wiilo   

With respect of everyone here, i think the guys deserve to have their own furom where they can release their muse about political issues, women (Of course) and money....Great idea bro Nur, i hope y'all let me join in sometime :D

Go figure:.............

i agree with cw! nobody wants to see a grown faraax spill his beans!! thats awful! i rather see a xalimo do that!~ yall so good in that! aint yah!

i dont wanna see a faraax pouring out his quts like a wimp! we faraaxs know how to drown that!! the good ole fashion way!!

i dont mind having a business section! i believe that will be more benifical than a faarax sections!! peace! after all we need to support the xalimos!!

Rahima   

Quick question. Would the sisters be given the freedom to discuss whatever they want in men’s forum without being told, this-is-men’s-section-and-we-will-discuss-whatever-concern-us-and-if-you-do-no-like-it-then-do-not-open-this-section-quiet-simple.

Not sure why that would lead to such as above, but just to clarify: this goes for all in every forum. If I don’t like a topic and it doesn’t go against the rules of the site or our religion (which is a rule anyway) then I have no right complaining about its supposed inappropriateness. The solution is but simple, don’t click. There are various topics that I as Rahima do not very much like, but I cannot complain because I know that my objection/dislike is subjective and personal. It’s impossible to please everyone and go on everyone’s dislikes- hope it makes sense. No need to make it a battle of the sexes ;) .

Katrina   

Please, give the male SOL members their section. I'm sick and tired of reading their threads about women this women that!! Our honorable Nur and his followers will then have all the space to spout hypotheticals, get ideas on how to sucessful acquire multiple wives while retain the original version and support each other in manly causes etc.

If ever there has been a topic that's overly recycled it's the multiple wife desire! Really there is more to life, I'm strongly disappointed in SOL posts lately.

Castro   

^ I offer you the coveted and highly sought position of being Halimo #2 of senor Castro. It is an enviable position to be in. If you act now, you're assured there will be no #3 (for a while). This is a time limited offer. Act now!

Whadya say, dahlin'?

Nur   

Duco Qabe ands JB

If that is the case, ( that the same regimen can be served at the Womens pages ), then why have a women's page to begin with? my suggestion in that case would be SOCIAL ISSUES, lets do away with the genders as Topics, that is my Dollar worth of opinion ( the days of two cents postage stamps sent to the opinion section of papers are long gone, postage stamps are far more expensive these days, and so are the price of issues)

Nur

Uma   

Sounds good idea (having men's forume).

Only wondering what could be next! May be teens forume? (just kidding)