Sign in to follow this  
Nur

SOL Admins, A suggestion For A New Page.

Nur   

An idea I had for a while was also echoed by a Sister Moderator on this forum, why not have a MEN's forum?

We can have men discuss mens issues on our Froum and women can be our guests, just like how we are their guest on theirs.

e-Nuri will be happy to contribute the first topic Titled:

Battered Men Support Group

And while I am at it, how about another page for BUSINESS in which business minded SOLers can exchange valuable tips on business opportunities in their respective turfs?

Nur

Muhammad   

I support both of these suggestions.

the Men's Forum will be very interesting how it turns out, I fear ICBMs may replace the current jujutsu matches between the two new 'Camps'. never the less, I think the sisters have been far too hospitable and deserve to have some of their space back. this will cool both camps down, I hope.

as for the Business forum, it came into my mind couple of times, it is a sound idea.

Castro   

^ Atheeryal, no matter how many mods Rahima hires to promote her idea, it still won't fly. A men's section is simply unnecessary. Being the dominant gender on this forum, men have EVERY section in this forum. It's a bit like BET (the black channel). The reason it was started is because white people "had" every other channel. So to come up with something like WET would have simply been foolish. The site is predominantly men and they are everywhere. Creating a corner for men would have nothing unique or interesting to add to this forum.

Johnny B   

^^ And i thought we were integrating!!

What about the eunuchs? can´t we pray together?

On the contrary , i beleive we make development by not isolating ourselves.

i need to know about tampon types and where they´re tucked, someone else wanna know how to brup in public or scratch somewhere in the back, and go about your day.

On the contrary NUR, i´m of the idea that the "women" section should be removed .

I welcome the Business Section. Infact, I beg for it to be added!

As for the men's.... bah. Between Politics and sports, the only other topic important to men is women... and there is a women's section already. :D:D

Edit, on 2nd thought, isnt the student section open for business discussions as well? I think what we need are topics and participants in the business arena... not a section.

Johnny B   

Castro, no i don´t , it just occured to me that they too exist and even the holy Quran mentions them, so i thought since we´re catagorizing ppl by SEX, why not give them a place on SOL? :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

I welcome the Business Section. Infact, I beg for it to be added!

As for the men's.... bah. Between Politics and sports, the only other topic important to men is women... and there is a women's section already.
:D:D

I think Athena's 7 Curling Waterfalls of 9 Ipods has got a point. What are we gonna talk about in the men's forum other than what we talk about in Sports, Politics, and Women's section anyways?

Muhammad   

^ already calling for an apology eh? :D

the reason I supported the idea was for two reasons;

1. the Men forum - I'm not a regular in the Women section, but I sensed the patience and hospitality of some sisters is being tested. So if the ladies ask a new Galool to be planted for the Eagles that soar over their huts, I'm all for it.

2. and for the Business section, Athena, I don't think the students section motivates enough members, specially the $-wise elders, to discuss the issues relating to Business and Finances, an Issue that is very important to the community.

this is an Idea to be discussed, so I hope the admins think over these issues and see if some restructuring needs to be done. I also recall another member asking for a Health section not long ago.

The new year is around the corner, so I only desire to see a more productive and effectice SOL, for the benefits of all the nomads.

Castro   

^ So far atheer there's only one lady calling for this. Let's not exaggerate and make this to be a movement. It isn't. And unlike my dear JB, I don't believe Rahima is arrogant. She's a capable MOD and an articulate nomad. Sometimes, however, she goes berserk. :D

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Muhammad:

^ already calling for an apology eh?
:D

the reason I supported the idea was for two reasons;

1. the Men forum - I'm not a regular in the Women section, but I sensed the patience and hospitality of some sisters is being tested. So if the ladies ask a new Galool to be planted for the Eagles that soar over their huts, I'm all for it.

Not so fast garaad, Are you implying that our sisters are harrased somehow? and if so , men (guyz) will flock out if they get their own play field?

Some of the outstanding utterance on Sol were made by sisters inspired by brothers.

i just don´t get the gist of this idea.

2. and for the Business section, Athena, I don't think the students section motivates enough members, specially the $-wise elders, to discuss the issues relating to Business and Finances, an Issue that is very important to the community.

You’re right Muhamed.

Another way would be to alter the name of the student section. That too could work.

p.s. the only thing that makes the women’s section interesting is the imprudent utterances of the boys. I say no to expelling them and yes to whipping them in line. ;)

p.p.s. Isnt this a general topic? Why is it in the women’s section? Looks like Nur has camped here.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ So far atheer there's only
one
lady calling for this...
:D

And that one lady is one too influential lady, be it Rahima or Karima as far as my hike reachs.