Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

'From Somalia, with love' - Book Launch London.

Blessed   

A new book written by Sister Naima B Roberts, the author of 'From My Sister Lips'. The aim of the book is partly to bring Somali culture to the mainstream. Please, spread the word and give her as much support as possible.. smile.gif

The Somali Integration Team presents

'From Somalia, with love'

a Somali cultural event for women and girls from every culture

Featuring:

the official launch of 'From Somalia, with love', the new book by Na'ima B. Robert, author of 'From my sisters' lips'

Somali cultural showcase & performance

Somali fashion and food exhibition

Traditional and modern Somali poetry (Warsan Shire confirmed)

Presentation on Somali Integration Team and other Tower Hamlets youth services

Competitions and give-aways

Date: Friday, 13th June 2008

Time: 9:30 - 1:30pm

Venue: The Brady Art & Community Centre

192-196 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5HU

Entrance: booking required

As spaces are VERY limited, please call 07984 854 191 to confirm attendance

School groups welcome - please call the above number for a school invitation.

Copies of 'From Somalia, with love' will be available as well as 'From my sisters' lips' and the latest issue of SISTERS magazine.

Non-UK residents can attend the online launch on Saturday 14th June - more details soon!

Curly   

I can't believe I was there when she got the inspriration to write the novel, no wonder she was so interested in the Somali culture.

Contragulations to Na'ima I'm definately looking forward to the launch.

-------------------

BTW

Please do not call the number above, instead email Safia on Safiaj@womensinfo.org.uk as the phone calls are a little much.

They are also looking for volunteers as well or people who would like to take part in the Somali dancing or performances, for more info please contact Safia on the email above.

Blessed   

^It's a ladies event, darling. There'll be an online launch for those outside the UK (and brothers). Speak to Naima in the facebook group, here.

Thanks for the update Sue, that number does get busy.

I can't believe I was there when she got the inspriration to write the novel, no wonder she was so interested in the Somali culture.

Wow, that's cool, how did that get started?

Curly   

Well I was helping out Safia who runs SIT on a residential trip and she'd invited Nai'ma along to discuss different topics, which was very inspirational for everyone there. Some of the girls even did some traditional Somali singing and dancing. We really enjoyed the weekend in this beautiful cottage outside London.