Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Dhuxul Deeqa,

Som@li   

Dhuxul's story

Dhuxul fell in love with the girl who brought him tea

One day while chewing khat in a friend's house, a girl came in carrying water and tea for me.

She was very shy but immediately I fell in love with her.

I asked her whether she had any objections to us getting to know each other, she said no and that her name was Deqa Dahir.

We used to meet every Friday evening for three hours. It gave me so much pleasure just to spend that time with her. I started to worry what would happen if I ever lost my Deqa – what would be my fate?

Terrible news

One and a half years later I received some terrible news - Deqa was betrothed to another man. My life immediately went into turmoil.

I decided to go to a Medicine man who told me I had to overcome many problems.

That convinced me that I had to ask Deqa's family to let me marry their daughter instead. I bravely approached her mother and prepared myself for the inevitable bad news.

Deqa' s mother was surprised, but she said it all depended on what Deqa wanted to do.

This approach to Deqa's mother created a huge rift in her family. Deqa's eldest brother, who had headed the family since their father died, was totally opposed to my proposition.

Eventually I asked him to meet with me. Though it was evident from his expressions that he was totally against me, he also said the choice was Deqa's.

Deqa's decision

He brought her into the room and in front of me asked her whether she wanted me. She could not reply - tears started running down her cheeks and she ran out of the room. I chased after her but she wouldn't speak to me.

After that the more senior members of Deqa's family intervened, and asked her to make a decision.

I couldn't stand waiting for the news, so I went home. After a terrible few days of expecting her to reject me, eventually she chose me.

It was really the happiest moment in my life.

This morning I woke up next to Deqa.

Dhuxul & Deeqa story

Kool_Kat   

Jeceyl aanbo meesha oolin aabo igu abuurmayee, wah...

I have a few Question though: where was he for the year and half? Was he still dating her? Was he still seeing her every Friday night for three hour and she didn't tell him about this?