Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

The 'N' Word

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Let me guess. You're a lover, not a fighter? LOL.

I wouldn't go that far. I can slice with my tongue, baby. :D

:D Multi-skilled, that's me. That's not fighting, that's fighting off. I'm a stubborn sun of a gun, I worry I won't run. LoL.

When I was at Uni, I once after a long headache-inducing day took the beloved underground home at about 7pm. The hugest man on the planet decided to leave the carriage next to me- he saw me through the window- and come and sit next to me. The carriage had a few other people in it, he could easily have sat anywhere but no he decided I looked like easy prey. He sits next to me, splays his legs apart bumping into my knees, I shift my legs away and watch him through the reflection in the dark wondows in front of us.

I watch him as he pulls in close and stops within a centimetre of my face. He breathes through his mouth and hot air bakes my cheek. He says nothing. I do nothing. My seat. I was not going anywhere. The other carriage members get nervous and stop looking my way. A woman in front of me nearly hyperventilates.

This goes on for, I don't know 10 to 15 minutes. He wouldn't give up! Anaa ka daran laakiin. I stayed put. I knew if he touched me I'd move away but I didn't want to be scared out of my seat.

Finally he tires of the showdown and looks away. He gets bored though and decides to return to being in my face. Eventually he has to stop- it's his stop- and I go home, adrenaline iyo dhidid running through me.

I wouldn't do that now. I will say something sarcy like: did u lose something in my face, mate?

Neither is a good solution.

This is in the wrong thread entirely. And a terrible example for Scar's sister. LOL.

Pucca   

i say she slap the chinese girl...then perhaps explain herself. there's really no need to involve the teacher ...she's what 10? old enough to solve her own problems without running to the teacher.

Somebody ban this mothafuka! He's ruining the whole vibe here.

What vibe is that? Secondly, nin weyn baad tahay ee wamaxay erayahaad isticmaleysid?

Naden   

^ It's obvious that you're sh*it stirring with that nonsense and your despicable use of the word 'adoon'. Quit trying to get attention. :rolleyes:

Maf Kees   

Pure Garbage.

Like I said before: take your xaar elsewhere.

And don't forget to use the toilet perfume, bacause your mentality stinks.

lol @Mc Xamar

well at the topic i would have personal talked to the young girl and ask her if she understood what she had said and if she don't mean it in a roud way then i would tell her not to say it again smile.gif

Khalaf   

girl is chiense...asians are most racists against blacks.....arab/paki/indian friends made racists comments about blacks-Africcan Americans....infront of me cause they thought i wasn't black...didn't know i was from Africa....dat word stirs emotions....I don't get much offended by it tho....call me terrorist its on :mad:

Edit why u flipping on Pure Blood on "adoon"...somalis use that word all the time...and act u aint heard it before :confused: .....we are all adoons....best of us are the Most GOd fearing. Somalis are racists against blacks also.

salaamun

Baashi   

This kinda stuff should be expected. The best way to deal with it is to talk to the teacher and have her explain to the kids about the issue or even better raise the issue in the next parent-teacher conference.

My daughter came home one day with sad feelings all over her innocent face. She wasn't herself and seemed to be very upset. When my wife tried to find out what happen and if it has anything to do with school, she refused to say what is it that makes her so sad...it wasn't her usual suuro and when I came home and asked her how was her day she replied one word 'OK'. After a while out of blue and all of the sudden she said she hates Beth...her best friend.

Apparently the kid made a negative remark. After much effort she told us what happened. Beth said that her folks don't like BROWN folks and she doesn't want her to come to her brithday. We're talking about 1st graders here. I simply encouraged her not to invite Beth to her brithday. She finally got the invitation card actually all the girls in her class got invited to that birthday party. She was the only black kid out of 22 kids in her class.

I gave her the choice to go to CHUCK N CHEESE a place she always loved to go and Beth's birthday party. She chose C'N CHEESE. She forgot all about it.

There is lil you can do about these thing runtii. It is the nature of the beast. All you can do is ask your kid, sibling, cousin, niece, and what have you ask them how was their day in school when they come home. Trust me they can't hide their emotions as they are an open book. Once you found out what the deal is rectify the situation if need be.

Parent involvement is the key and believe me if you are involved in their school activities teachers will notice and you will be informed in every lil event you can imagine.

There u have it - my caanteeyn.

STOIC   

Baashi, hatred is passed from one generation to the other. Your daughter experienced one of the most frank and tenacious affliction of racism. Racism is not as overt as it used to be in America. But it is still there both consciously and unconsciously especially stereotyping. Your daughter experienced in-group racism. We all want to be associated with the people we look alike;the people we eat same food or even wear same clothing. As our children grow in this society it is necessary to have with them a frank and non-judgmental discussion of the by-product of how people tend to think-what majority of us will call ignorance. Children will definitely learn this carved out world of them against us. I have cousin who lives in a predominately professional middle class white neighborhood in Michigan. His kids attend mostly a white school. I was convincing him the other day to get with a black family around his city. If the kids will not see that there are people like them around the neighborhood, they will experience a homogeneity bias of their friends. Racism can color the judgment of our kids if we don’t sit and explain it to them about our humanity. I am not advocating to turn your children in to a bigots, but to explain it to them what they will experience in this cruel world we live in. Racism will have hurtful consequences on our kids if we try to isolate them in to a non-diverse community.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Edit why u flipping on Pure Blood on "adoon"...somalis use that word all the time...and act u aint heard it before :confused: .....we are all adoons....best of us are the Most GOd fearing. Somalis are racists against blacks also.

salaamun

Aniga ima fahmo ee yaa ka dhaadhacin? icon_razz.gif