Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Let's take our qabiil names as surname!

Pujah   

^^LOL, I can tell your qabiil...dare you ask

Bisharo yes we have met before...how can you forget me....after all I am your stalker lol :cool:

Castro   

Originally posted by kayf:

^^LOL, I cant tell your qabiil...dare you ask

No one can tell my qabiil, for sure anyway, except my mother. Everything else is guesstimation. Yours is probably the same. Not that I'm curious in any way, nooooooooooooo.

Castro   

Originally posted by kayf:

^^yours is khaldan wirirf...lol

let me know when you read it....am gonna have to delete it before admin wakes up

Delete it, quick. :D

Khaldan is not a qabiil, dear. It's a term of endearment. The admin can't touch it.

Khaldaan, is derived from the Arabic word ghalad meaning wrong. So when they arrived in Xamar, people couldn't understand them and their tongues hurt. Much like Bishaaro, bless her heart. So they called them the wrong ones. :D I'm cool with that. It's certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Pujah   

^^ oh my ...what's the point of deleting things if you're gonna quote me redface.gif

I used to spend the summer in hargaisa when i was growing up....and whenever I come back to xamar was called khaldamad even though my accent is not anywhere near 'qaldaan'...so yeah its not qabiil...its a term used for pple that have certain accent... me thinks

Nephissa   

^^ loool I was wondering about what you wrote there, seems like he was faster then you, must be the Mexican beer. :D

Kayfa, now I know you, maraxad yahay.

Castro   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

must be the Mexican beer.
:D

German.

Do you have any idea how much I love that song in your signature. It almost brings me to tears. What a song. What lyrics. Yassalam.

Nephissa   

^^ I could be wrong, but doesn't TX. have laws saying parents can allow their underage kids to taste their beers all the time. In the hopes that they'll regard it as beverage to be enjoyed often but in moderation?

Castro   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

^^ I could be wrong, but doesn't TX. have laws saying parents can allow their underage kids to taste their beers all the time. In the hopes that they'll regard it as beverage to be enjoyed often but in moderation?

I've no idea. What on "god's green earth" are you talking about woman?

"Beverage to be enjoyed" kulahaa. Do you want me to be banned from SOL for advocating illicit activities. Come on. I was born at night but it wasn't last night :mad:

Nephissa   

LOL, too smart to be trapped. Maybe next time, maybe next time.

Now that we bleeped up this topic, i'll hide under my pillows and call it quits.

Hurdo wacan.

Viking   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Are you saying this hasn't happened? There's no such thing as freedom of speech in Somalian culture. You may end up in a fight if you criticize someone else's qabiil in your local restaurent let alone back home. My friend do me a favor and try it at your own risk. Go to Somalia and criticize the warlord/qabiil of the city you're in. Waxaad ka heshid waxba ha iga siin sxb. We are simply addicted to tribalism.

I learnt it the hard way. Some years ago, I was having a discussion (about which towns one could think of calling home) with a dude I'd shared a flat with for almost two years, a very decent guy. The name of a certain town came up and I said what I thought of it and he reacted negatively. He asked me what I meant and I told him what I thought, that I thought it was a shit-hole! He got so angry and told me I was the biggest clanist he'd ever met. The situation got heated and we were close to getting into a fight - I later learnt that almost all Somalis who lived there were from "his clan".

I was shocked and was angry at him because I knew a lot of people in that town and didn't even have a clue what clan they belonged to, plus, it was disturbing to find out that someone I thought I knew well was so clan-oriented even in his reasonning.

Pole, Viking. Thats why I dont talk about clans n stuff. To be honest, I hardly know much about the clans(all heresay which I dont beleive in), being somali was enough for me to call family and hanging out with them back home in Tz. And I guess I also miss out on the qabiil degradation or segregation as I cannot communicate in somali and never been to somalia, just heard of its old glory(Hargaisa and Moqdisho). So whenever I hear someone comes from there I prefer listening to their account of 'their' somalia. Looking forward to see the new somalia/land partitioned or not one day, Inshallah.

Only pray Somalis will come to terms with this Qabil problem. Every Qabiil or race is unique of onething or the other. Its time we relate to each other ipositively and when critised, change that negative attitude to a positive idea. Eg. as you said that place is a shit hole, your friend instead of becoming offended should have asked you why you thought that way. Instead of taking it to personal. Guess this is the problem we have, whenever we are critised we take it personally instead of looking at the problem at hand and esp. when it comes to qabiil.

Reminds me of a statement I once made while chattin with some qabiilists: A disagreement doesnt mean Disrespect, I still respect u never the less but dont concer with your train of thoughts. We all humans on earth allshare the same basic needs , so why the segregation while we all one day will die and be dug 10 feet under with a mere sheet. If your qabiil is superior over the other, do something extra ordinary defy nature.

Fiamanillah.

Johnny B   

WOL .. do you feel soo lonely ..sick n tired of this clan thing ? well don´t.

Your Clan Is called Sujui , the Clan Suji is a great Clan so your sub Clan is Tangaika- Suju,.i.e we call you WOL Sujui

The TangaiKa Sujuis are BRAVE ppl,they have been dominating the Safari Sujuis for so many years , they fought many wars , won most of them , but lost the last battle against the KUKUYO.

so watchout for the Safari Sujuis , payback time :D

Haha JB, And its not due to loneliness, I love my people only wish they could overcome this blind following of qabiil and be tolerant of fellow Somalis and well spread the Love we are all Muslims, arent we?

Thanx I am a reer Sijui and wear my armour with honour but I prefer being a Sijui of current Tanzania than Tanganyika as I belong to both the mainland and Znz Islands.

JB, where does this kikuyu business come in?? Lol Tanganyika never had kikuyus they belong to kenya ;)

Jb, I would like to change the title to something more interesting WoL sijui najua (No longer want to be a sijui sijui) ;) Im learning my mothertongue , slowly.