Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Let's take our qabiil names as surname!

Fidel,

Ahh...one of the smaller tribes? Tell me, are G. Unit men good-looking? smile.gif

I think I know who you mean. He isn't Reer Kuuley Cali Banjar , everybody thinks he is though. He is just a friend of the family who comes to our Aqal looking for some free hilib . He is Reer Wax Matare .

What? He lied to me? Duli fooqal duli. Waa inaan shaah kulul ku shubo the next time aan arko.

I suppose he knew I wouldn't fraternise with a Reer Wax Matare. :rolleyes:

Afro JAREEROW,

LoL.. :D

Sky   

Lol :D But yeah you shouldn't hang out with Reer Wax Matare. I heard their forefather ate hilib bakhti back in the day. Can you believe that shit man? :eek:

Actually Zephy this is a sensitive topic for me. My real family name is really embarrassing, so embarrassing that I need to stop writing now and take a moment for myself. Excuse me.

Castro   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Fidel

Ahh...one of the smaller tribes? Tell me, are G. Unit men good-looking?
smile.gif

Yep, there's basically 13 of us. And the men are HOT, they're flaming HOT!

Jacpher   

Nope, I have no problem with Qabiil. As a matter fact, I care less about qabiil but I have seen & met with people whose minds are manipulated by the qabiil ideology. May be you’re one of them.

It is perfectly OK to be proud of your qabil, I know I am and I am proud of all that is good about it's culture way of life because I am them and they are me and If i am not proud of them I cannot be proud of the larger somali roots that I have!! Similarly you have to be proud of your village in order to be proud of your province,state and finally Nation.

Based on your above response, I have a feeling that you look around and distinguish people by their tribe. Consciously or unconsciously, your mind automatically perceives that certain individuals are closer to you then others. It’s possible those you consider closer might be evil or danger to your own existence. Warlords are a good example here. We view them as close to us in qabiil so we praise their actions though it's shameful and yet they’re evil and danger to our existence and that of our country. While you refer to some individuals as SHISHEEYE (outsider) you’re unknowingly sending a message that you value and label people by tribe. This perception/classification will eventually lead you to believe your tribe is the most important thing in the world.

Just today, I come across a headline on a Somali webiste reading “Whose tribe is Yaasiin Hassan Omar†You see we’re already trying to find out & then possibly blame the London tube bomber suspect on the qabiil he belongs.

Islam has permitted us to use Qabiil solely for identification purposes. What we fail to admit is that we Somalis know only one way of using Qabiil. That’s to abuse it and utilize in a way that results violence, death and hatred amongst ourselves. Frankly, I have not seen a Somali that uses qabiil positively. There isn’t such thing in our society. I have yet to see someone whose qabiil paid for his/her school, or someone whose qabiil build him a house. In some occasions, you’ll hear reer hebel wired money to support the orphans of their tribe. What a ridiculous idea.

Viking: You said it well. Nomads choose to hear the true with one ear and let it out on the other.

Jacpher   

Zep, Sky, Fidel

You guys are joking about it but I wish we nomads were open about tribal jokes. Back home it's a taboo subject that one can be killed for. Can a man criticize any qabiil and not receive a death threat?

Can a man criticize any qabiil and not receive a death threat?

I dont know where you've been bro but i have never seen a man being threteaned on account of criticizing another qabil.

Jacpher   

I dont know where you've been bro but i have never seen a man being threteaned on account of criticizing another qabil.

Are you saying this hasn't happened? There's no such thing as freedom of speech in Somalian culture. You may end up in a fight if you criticize someone else's qabiil in your local restaurent let alone back home. My friend do me a favor and try it at your own risk. Go to Somalia and criticize the warlord/qabiil of the city you're in. Waxaad ka heshid waxba ha iga siin sxb. We are simply addicted to tribalism.

Castro   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

We are simply addicted to tribalism.

Amen.

So, Ducaqabe, what tribe are you? :D

Nephissa   

^^Loooooool. I already know yours. The reply on the other thread was a giveaway. Ka baydh intaanan ku jiidhin... :D Ouch my tongue hurts!

Castro   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

^^Loooooool. I already know yours. The reply on the other thread was a giveaway.
Ka baydh intaanan ku jiidhin...
:D
Ouch my tongue hurts!

Who me? What other thread? Ijiidhin? Better explain yourself, lady! redface.gif

Pujah   

^^ look at you always picking on someone..lol

we have to crown you for the opening position..."SOL BULY"

Castro   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

That was me mimicking your accent. The one they speak in
what was it called?
umm..

Yes, that!

So that's why your tongue hurt. I get it. Must be from all the jadhadhac. Hey, it's all good. I'm from many places, not the least of which is you know where.

Castro   

^^ Look lady, I'm either from there or I'm a stalker. Make up your mind! Those damn Dos Equis must be working :D