Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

How To Manage Your Time

1)Make a list of all the things that you need to get done in a given time period (day, week, month, etc.)

1)Realistically approximate the amount of time each task will take to complete.

Factor in easily overlooked tasks, such as transportation time and preparation.

2)Eliminate any non-essential items.

Prioritize the tasks in order of importance and urgency.

3)Set about accomplishing these tasks as soon as possible, avoiding procrastination.

Tips:

Don't feel bad saying "no" to requests for you time that will just add extra stress to your life.

Learn from colleagues to see how others have successfully managed their time.

:confused: The Main Reason i really post these issues(mentioned above) is that i always read and come across the same issues of how to manage your time-- i doubt everyone execute all these outlined plans--i tried alot but always make me headache--if i really try to execute two to three plans in a week or a day i only do one task at end of day.....So i would like to ask: Is everyone Do have the same problem or is it only me --anyone of you did successfully manage his time? share your experience with us please?...

Yaabka-Yaabkiis

^ I do fine most of the time. It didn't take practise; it took reevaluating. Step one is to get rid of time-wasting activities and this would include people. You need a compelling enough reason to carry out the tasks- u have to know why/remember how that task links in to your main goal or value.

Think of the last time you didn't complete a day plan. Did you under-estimate the effort/time required? Did u just NOT do it? Or did other matters bleed into the time intended for your tasks?

Nephissa   

If any of the SOLers say that they're great at time management, they're fooling themselves.

Look at me, wandering around when I should be changing laundry loads! :D

I do fine most of the time. It didn't take practise; it took reevaluating. Step one is to get rid of time-wasting activities and this would include people. You need a compelling enough reason to carry out the tasks- u have to know why/remember how that task links in to your main goal or value.

Think of the last time you didn't complete a day plan. Did you under-estimate the effort/time required? Did u just NOT do it? Or did other matters bleed into the time intended for your tasks?

Thanks sis, You must be successful person...

Originally posted by Entrepreneurial_man:

quote: I do fine most of the time. It didn't take practise; it took reevaluating. Step one is to get rid of time-wasting activities and this would include people. You need a compelling enough reason to carry out the tasks- u have to know why/remember how that task links in to your main goal or value.

Thanks sis, You must be successful person...
I am getting better at living a more balanced life and focusing; I manage to work, study, exercise, read and rest. What had to go and it's no bad thing- TV, people that don't appreciate what they have and will tell u over and over, long lie-ins that used to make me feel rough anyway and cooking! LoL.

Umm Z, consider this: procrastinate about procrastinating. ;)

I'm reading the 7 habits of highly effective people(that and 3 other books at least lol) and finding that I'm pretty effective anyway. Read it!

Serenity, do u mean not having anything to do at work? I listen. Youtube something u want to know more about and u're bound to find somebody discussing it...that's if u're allowed to. There are also lots of audio tapes, CDs etc out there that u can listen to when on the move. Ipods are wasted on music. :D

Skipper   

I have to most difficult field i have to be better on, saving money and using my time well. Like last semester i had to sit 2 weeks before the exams started and read day and night, at the end of my exams i was totally exhausted. I had headace every single day in those 2 weeks. But as they say we learn from mistakes, and i hope it wont happen again

I'm reading the 7 habits of highly effective people(that and 3 other books at least lol) and finding that I'm pretty effective anyway. Read it!

i am impressed :D ..you are rite sis 7 habits of highly effective peaple is very helpful book--one of my profs recommended me before..what are the three others please?...