Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

In today's diaspora is there a common Maali culture?

Miriam1   

^ Thanks smile.gif

i see, the fact that he was guy does make a difference. erg. I have had somali women/hijabi ladies, just roll thier eyes at me while i am sitting there at the reception room biting my nails(propably the reason i lost the job!) I dont know I usually drop a Asalamu-ali-kum, when i see a hijabi there at my workplace or a person who is obiviously Somali.

where did it go camel boy!! next, try this next time....!

hi, i from Jamicia gal!!...! before u finish the next sentence.....u will see the biggest smile since mj got acquitted!!!! lord have mercy

^LoooL. ***** HEHEHE.

Some of the sisters take it a TAD too far. What is the harm of being polite to a fellow Muslim?

It’s the double standard here that has me shaking my big head.

Based on that particular experience that I had, and having seen others [for I refused to repeat the same mistake], I see the same women, clearly fraternizing with non Somalis quite well, but when it comes to Somalis, oh hell breaks loose.

That’s when the SUURO comes down. Her face literally looks like she has a LEMON in her mouth, and the bitter taste makes her make those silly faces.

Shove off a brother if you want, but please don’t make that silly face.

:D

Rudy,

Grow up, will you? :rolleyes:

Geel-Jire,

Aren't you making mountains out of a mole-hill? There isn't one tiny reason why she should have done anything differently to what she did.

"Because I'm Somali" kulahaa. Really. Somebody should inform him Somali rapists exist too [see Northerner's "Somali London" thread].

^It’s not so much about safety, as it is the ISMACNEES.

Am sure there is a way to kindly decline to answer someone without all those faces.

You don’t have to make silly facial expressions, and puff your nose [or as they call it, HURUF?]. to a total stranger. And mind you, that look is a very awkward one.

Seriously, that SUURO thing is soooo 1990’s.

zephy! ma ismacaanis miya! the sista posted a topic, therefore, we free to give her our opinion!!

why dont u tell us your opinion instead of hurufing and smack any faarax who opens hi lips!!

walaaxoola!! :confused:

I would if i thought it reqd a constructive answer. I just think your taking it to over board. It happens, get over it.

I won't this with an answer.

"Because I'm Somali" kulahaa. Really. Somebody should inform him Somali rapists exist too

So, in your case, one fish spoils the entire ocean!?

What the dude said was:

"No difference whatsoever. No traits of Somaliness. She cautiously answered my question looking at me with scary eyes and totally not anything like a Maali. I didn't want to start any conversation as I saw her condition."

It doesnt sound like 'ISMACNEES' to me. She answered his questions. He just didn't like the 'scared look' in her eyes (whatever that means). He seems to be upset that she didn't respond happily enough to the fact that he is a Somali and, therefore, 'different' to any other stranger that may have approached her.

Anyway Afro, aniguba waan ku huruufi lahaa hadaad isku deydo inaad ilahadasho. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Geel-Jire:

So, in your case, one fish spoils the entire ocean!?

Not necessarily. However, it does make one more cautious, which in my view is a good thing. But, you seem to think different.

Rudy,

Maybe if you bothered to be less insulting with your 'Jamaican' remarks, I wouldn't be so rude.

Originally posted by Geel-Jire:

^Pls don't call me 'dude'. Something in my guts turn 360' as I hate someone to refer me with anything American.

Thanks very much.

Of course. I'm awfully sorry...