RendezVous

Liberated Women..Are you liberated????

Originally posted by makalajabti:

I think the following sentence could sum up the History of Muslim societies:

ISLAM has given the women liberation and... men have taken it away

some sense :cool: for real

Originally posted by AbdulNoor:

quote:

My dear sister, do you really believe this? I can see your angry and frustrated about woman issues as all should be, but how can you say this? It makes no logical sense. I urge you instead of watching too much british television, and letting them put that junk in your head, learn your deen abaayo, and think about what your saying. You may regret it in five years when you turn twenty. May Allah protect you. Salaam
I am not angry and frustated walaal because I was born in a free country, I have never lived under Sharia rules,so I have never experienced inequality or discrimination due to the fact I am a woman. However, I am aware of the fact that muslims women (in most muslim countries) live differently (they must wear Hijab to start with and I am not talking about their human rights). Now if you don't wanna put the blame on Islam, what's left? Men and Patriarchal societies. Hence my point. I know my deen but still knowing our deen doesn't mean turning a blind eye to muslim women's plight. People think weird: they think the more religious you are, the more you won't open yout mouth and criticise your muslim brothers and sisters.

Abdul-noor, I am not a teenager so quit being condescending.

Muslim world is in deep mess and ignoring the problems is not the best solution.

RedSea   

I am not angry and frustated walaal because I was born in a free country,
I have never lived under the Sharia rules, so I have never experienced inequality or discrimination
I have never lived under Sharia rules,so I have never experienced inequality or discrimination due to the fact I am a woman. However, I am aware of the fact that muslims women (in most muslim countries) live differently (they must wear Hijab to start with and I am not talking about their human rights). Now if you don't wanna put the blame on Islam, what's left? Men and Patriarchal societies. Hence my point. I know my deen but still knowing our deen doesn't mean turning a blind eye to muslim women's plight. People think weird: they think the more religious you are, the more you won't open yout mouth and criticise your muslim brothers and sisters.

Abdul-noor, I am not a teenager so quit being condescending.

Muslim world is in deep mess and ignoring the problems is not the best solution.

Subaxana Allah sister, do you really think living under the rule of Allah creates inequality? After all sister can you tell me who does more justice; Allah or a human being? Surely sister you are heading a lonely and dark path which may lead you to unpleasant place. Take the advice of your brother Abdulnoor, it's trully a useful advice that he provided if you only knew. Take a look at these verses and digest the meaning of these verses from glorius Quran.

"4.139": Those who take the unbelievers for guardians rather than believers. Do they seek honor from them? Then surely all honor is for Allah.

in another verse.

"4.19": O you who believe! it is not lawful for you that you should take women as heritage against (their) will, and do not straighten them in order that you may take part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency, and treat them kindly; then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while Allah has placed abundant good in it.

If some who claimed to be Muslim men have taken away the rights of Muslim women then that is indeed an error commited by individuals. It has nothing to do with what our rule of law in Islam has put out. If anything it's going against the rule of Allah exalted is he in might. No reason for you to reach the conclusions that our Sharia has given the superiority and rightfulness to men over women. There is no where in the Quran or the Hadith it says that men are above women however, the Quran states that men should take responsibilty of the family. The fact that man should treat his wife, children well is part of his the responsibility that he needs to fulfil, if he does otherwise then you must know that he has misachieved and will be held responsible by Allah, exalted. Man can be wrong at times,that is the reason we have Islamic Sharia in place; to correct those who are in error. Everybody who thinks rationally knows that Islam is the way to solving the problems of mankind, it benefits those who acquire it.

Please, Sister don't turn to a strange rule created by man and don't turn away from the rule of God which is the salvation of all problems. It doesn't make sense for me to do that and it shouldn't for you either, because we have already being blessed with the best in the world; Islam. We should choose to follow the prophet peace be upon him on everything he did or said. That is the straight path which will lead us to the paradise, anything else is just pure demons work and will suffer a severe punishment from Allah.

"4.85": Whoever joins himself (to another) in a good cause shall have a share of it, and whoever joins himself (to another) in an evil cause shall have the responsibility of it, and Allah controls all things.

Finally, I will like to urge all the sisters who have agreed with being "Liberated" to give up this dark stand and comeback to their lord. He knows what is best for you and definately man doesn't know what benefits you. After all who knows more about you; your creator or the created one? that is certainly a question to think about.

"4.89": They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper". Suratu Nissa.

"Then as for those who believe and do good, He will pay them fully their rewards and give them more out of His grace; and as for those who disdain and are proud, He will chastise them with a painful chastisement. And they shall not find for themselves besides Allah a guardian or a helper" Suratul Nissa.

I think you don't want to be among those, do you?

"4.176": They ask you for a decision of the law. Say: Allah gives you a decision concerning the person who has neither parents nor offspring; if a man dies (and) he has no son and he has a sister, she shall have half of what he leaves, and he shall be her heir she has no son; but if there be two (sisters), they shall have two-thirds of what he leaves; and if there are brethren, men and women, then the male shall have the like of the portion of two females; Allah makes clear to you, lest you err; and Allah knows all things.

Only Islam ladies and gentelmen, makes things so just and clear. It's only Islam!!!

Assalamu Calaykum.

The source of the Quranic verses: http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/HolKora.html

^

Try viewing her comments through this contextual lens:

I think the following sentence could sum up the History of Muslim societies:

ISLAM has given the women liberation and... men have taken it away

Indeed, Islam liberated women, but [select] men trampled upon those rights.

^^good point,Now we are talking the thread

There is No reason for you to reach the conclusions that our Sharia has given the superiority and rightfulness to men over women.

There is no where in the Quran or the Hadith it says that men are above women however, the Quran states that men should take responsibilty of the family. The fact that man should treat his wife, children well is part of his the responsibility that he needs to fulfil, if he does otherwise then you must know that he has misachieved and will be held responsible by Allah, exalted.

I think nomads have understood the thread

Clip from Arab television channels: from honour killings to wife beatings.

Those millions of women in the Muslim World need help!

I saw the clip you posted(I have yet to know your intention) , Still I urge you sister to counter check the views presented in the video as either culture or Islam.Go back to the drawing board and Know exactly what ISLAM says about Women, Myth Laan .Do not be blind yourself with various cultures and various situations..You are a learned woman.Make research and be fair with your teaching.If you feel ISLAM is against you as a woman, then make your choice there and then.

A small case in example, did u ponder why our women back in the old days of Somalia, never knew to wear ninjas and hide their faces...In contrast, women in saudi arabia wear the Ninjas...This is culture..If this was ISLAM, all muslim countries would advise their women to wear Ninjas.

Still check what Islam says about Modesty from the HOLY QURAAN point of view and hadith,how islam was made to reduce issues related to AIDS, swinging, homosexuality, wife swapping and adultery.You will see a total different picture..In the case of ninjas, Women are just supposed to cover with preference to show their faces to the public.To wear Ninja to me, looks more culture but some fellows like you would interest me to connect this to ISLAM just coz SAUDI ARABIA was the birth place of Islam...

I am sure our sister has a lot to make research for, You have just started hearing the Propaganda against Islam..the propaganda once spearheaded by our own Somali ISLAM critic , Ayaan Hirsi.Ayaan Hirsi has now kept quite after her favourite topic, "There is no rights for women in ISLAM" appeared headed to the basket.

By the way:

Did u actually see the comparison of the way WOMEN were treated in various Religions..from the following websites..?

Comparison in How women are treated in Islam, Christianity and In judaism

Why British women are rapidly turning to Islam

and

Women turning to Islam in Hawaii

and

A woman muslim american convert to Islam

I am sure It is better to see you doing enough research on the topic of Women from various "Authentic ISLAMIC resources" coz you are a woman yourself and from topics like

This is a new Muslim Convert..See the differences with your clip

LOL- I was thinking the same- makalajabti why u playing the ignorance cardz-

All we saying is- come clean! what are u trying to say under the covers over there.

Do we blame islam' for all the corruption in the muslim world? or do u know the difference between islam and muslim. the system and the person that follows the system.

you want to bring the dirt of the muslims out' -go ahead- yes everyone does have dirt that needs to get clean- But then are u saying the others are better???

I think u know the difference' if you dont... take the time and learn islam. It is not an Opinion religion.

that's my two cents

You guys are blind? Where did I say it was Islam who was persecuting those poor women?

I spent my time here stating that islam has nothing to do with this barbarity.

Millions of muslim women need our help from a muslim male society that decided to rob them from their rights in the name of Quran which is unfair and against Islam's teachings.

As muslim, we should NOT ignore the suffering of our sisters and turn a blind eye.

It's time to denounce those hijackers of our Religion.

^So you have decided to see some light Oh! that is good :rolleyes:

I will be among the first one to help you...You are in our League now

Tell our Ayaan Hirsi she made a mistake, It was MEN who took your rights not ISLAM

Khadir   

Am I liberated by Western culture and feminsim? No... Am I liberted by Islamic practice and culture? No.

Liberation to the modern women is a bitter sweet taste, and a double edged sword. The modern women in Western societies is free, and competent enough to compete at all levels with her male counterparts. She has the desires to be wife, mother and commander of great ships. But her liberation has come with a heavy price to pay, she has had to sell herself to reach the top, and when she gets there she finds herself unsatisfied, and still burdened by societal expectations to fulfill her female role in life. She is always disadvantaged and quick to compromise all. Liberation of the modern Western woman is commercial and a glittering one at the surface, but deep within, it has made her load heavier.

Liberation of the Islamic woman lies written in the pages of the Quran where Allah has lifted the pre-islam burdens on the female gender 1400 years ago. But it remains there silent, and unminded by the general Muslim societies. The liberated Islamic woman is still waiting for her cheque of liberation. She has stood waiting for it for thousands of years. The Prophet, the guardian of her status has long gone, and now her societal status has slipped far back to pre-Islamic era, she has become the scapegoat for those who guard not their Islamic modesty. Islamically run states have isolated her, made their primary objective is to breed the control and manipulation of their women. And Islam in this light has not succeeded; it has weakened the role and status of women, and thus weakened the whole Muslim ummah. Thus, the liberation of the Islamic women is an empty promise, and only real because Allah has guaranteed it to them in his holy book.