Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Can you help who you fall in love with?

Hunguri   

------------------> Hunguri is Ironing the Diric and Shalmad of his wife :D . Who is more romantic than me among Somali men ;) . (Baarri no1) Girls, have you ever come accross a Somali Faarax doing such value added services :D . I bet no. Where is Dabshid smile.gif ???

PS:-

To my suprise she has given me to iron a very shrinking Diris made of "shiid" looool Those ones they put on while at home ;) Laakiin maa calaysh "she will pay back" There is a Somali saying smile.gif Shaqqaystaa waa dhargaa, shaxaadana waa qadaa. Waar dumarka u shaqqeya :D

Aaliyyah   

I advice you to marry someone not only within your tribe but same LAF aswell. Waxaa taqaano guurso baa la yiri, waxaad taqaano baad dhalaysaaye

nephthys walaalo qabiil muhim ma aha, haduu somali yahaya intaas aya kugu filan.

marwalba waxa taqaan aa dhalasa haduu somali yahay, qabiilka wa la isku barta kaliya.

--------------------

The world is nothing but a blink of an eye. Where the here-after is eternal

Paragon   

^^You are a very nice girl, Aaliyah. Don't listen to Nepthys' advice. Fall inlove with anyone you desire, Aaliyah :D . It is part of growing up.

-Lily-   

Aaliyah, I dont think she was serious, most likely she was taking the piss.

How terribly boring to drink from the same river when there are so many Rivers in different valleys...

Zafir   

Alliyah, waad waalan tahay, hadaad og tahay waxii kuu fiican, ka guurso Laftaada iyo Jilibkaaga iyo kubkaaga. Paragan warkiisa marnaba dheg ha u dhigin.

Nephy, Two thumps up!

Lily, because, your river has the cleanest of waters to drink from. No brainer there really!

Aaliyyah   

Lily, because, your river has the cleanest of waters to drink from. No brainer there really!

says who??

You shouldn't limit your choices Zafir. You should be open minded about it, for Allah yaclam you might one day fall in love with a somali sister from another tribe.

You should judge others based on their character rather than ina hebel hadaad aheen kuma aqaan. Walahi personally I think that is a bit of being primitive and old fashion. I think nowdays we are more educated and know better-qabiilna cidna wax ma taro.

Lily yeah Nephthys might have been joking, bt as it seems some somalis do have that outdated opinion.

--------------------

Zafir   

That's where you are WRONG! Aaliyah. let me tell you what a Somali man owes his future children, first, A mother from the same river as him. Secondly, good names such as Libaax, aar, and Tuke (for boys) and Dawaco, shinbir, and shumey.

Aaliyyah   

Serenity lol sis even wealth shouldn't be the issue, as long as he makes a decent living. aside from that, all that matters is personality.

say somalidu dhahdo dabeecad aya la isku dhaafa.

--------------------

Nephissa   

nephthys walaalo qabiil muhim ma aha, haduu somali yahaya intaas aya kugu filan.

In theory I think it's a great concept Aliyah. I think if you look at a person and you find them to be your "LAF" and a good, solid, decent person then no matter what happens even in the worst case scenario [divorce] ...they will still be reasonable and fair. [Walaashaa waaye waraabo ha siin ma maqaloo???] Waraabo inuu ku cuno lagama yaaabo..abadan! :D Whereas a man from other tribes uu dhulka kugu jiid jiido :D Of course, then they continue to be mean-spirited, vengeful people.

Think about it. :D

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Serenity lol sis even wealth shouldn't be the issue, as long as he makes a decent living. aside from that, all that matters is personality.

say somalidu dhahdo dabeecad aya la isku dhaafa.

I dont disagree. A great personality is good. But priorities my dear, priorities.