Deeq A.

Pictures: Taleh Genocide by the British 98 years ago is remembered in Lasanod

14 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

As for those idiots badmouthing the great man, I am certain if it was not him, half of Somalis in North would have become Christians.

Trust me, that I have no less dislike of king Minelik, but talking about forced conversion in that time and later is something that did not happen. King Minelik convereted Oromo from Traditional religion, but not Moslems.

He converted a mosque to church in Harer long before these times, and is still thought history now since EPRDF came to power.

Remeber that Menelik has a lot of soldiers from the north, Habeshi when fighting the Sayyid, but in Habeshi parts of Ethiopia they have the same proportions of Muslim and Christian as they had thousand year ago.

Half of the Afar in Ethiopia were in Tigray province, before kilils came and the Afar in Tigray were always majority Muslim.

Menelik did a lot of atrocities, but forcibly converting moslems to christian is not one of them.

galbeedi,

When can I have my Tigray birth certificate signed authenticated by galbeedi sultan/king of every individual Somali in the globe?

How much is the cost of the certificate.

Tigray this Tigray that is being overused. I can give you references for what I posted, and you can still say its wrong or ignore it all together. BTW Tigray does not need my defence, but in the interest of fairness, Tigray in all of history has the least negative interaction with any part or territories the Somali people occupy.

If your point is ONLF and current regime in Ethiopia, I can tell you that is more lead, chosen and done by Somalis than the Tigray could ever do. Facts are facts.

One question if I may.

Why do you find it so incredible that a Somali would have the views I have here on the internet, yet you hear, read maybe see Somalis fighting with guns in districts and regions?

I think sometimes you are either forgetting or underestimating the fact that Somalis are in a very big territory, in number of countries in East Africa alone, and now growing not only in numbers, but  in status and participation around the world.

In your exchange with maakhiri1 its understandable to question the federal sytem and its problems in the republic. To be suspicious and dig deep of who benefits from this or that arrangement, but most useful and helpful is always proposing a better alternative. It is always easy to come up with cons of a system, but coming up with alternative not only that looks better in paper, but people will accept and even be prepared to give their neck if necessary is most difficult.