Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

WHAT MAKES YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL COMPLETE?

Kool_Kat   

I was just thinking what's makes a person complete?

And to me I would have to say:

-My love and fear for Allah

-My love for the ppl in my life (ie. family, friendz, etc.)

-My dedication to succeed in life

-And of course shopping (that's shopping for dirac and goorgarad...loooooooooool)

I would like to see the different views of other Nomads of what makes them complete... ;)

LoooL Kool Kat.....If U become Complete then life would be boring....there would be nothing to fight for..nothing to achieve....So I have No intention of becoming complete..besides..every human is destined to die witout eva becomin complete..... :D ..why do i have da feeling I am on the Wrong Track,,hahhaa

Cheers...

PS: U forgot to mention Ur husband in ur list..heheheh

once more Cheers!!!

Blessed   

Although I agree with the legends arguement that completeness cannot be achieved.... I think that being content with what you've got and what Allah has blessed you with is the nearest we would get to completeness.

You've more or less summed up what I view to be the way to achieving 'completion' in terms of contentment. Glad you didn't leave the shopping aspect out. If thetre were no shops, I don't know what I would do with myself :D .

And most important the love and appreciation of life. oh! Entering paradise would make me complete ;)

Curly   

I'd like to think that most old people are complete...so when I grow older and become a geriatric, I’d like to have that feeling of contempt, we’re you know you’re ready to face Allah, but a lot of people are deprived of this and that’s what worries me the most, but sadly enough it doesn’t motivate me to do better!

Being complete to me would be:

*Getting all my goals (Education)

*Becoming a good Muslim (I’m not happy with myself now :( )

*Getting married, having kids and even seeing my grandchildren.

*And just knowing I spent my life wisely and didn’t waste it away!

*Oh and being comfortable (money wise, I wouldn't want be too greedy)

:D

Xafsa   

Kool-kat, aminah and curly y'all summed everything up.

If I become a better muslim then I am str8...but its so hard!!! I try but there are somethings I do that I know are wrong but I don't stop...God help me.

The other thing I need to be complete is a family of my own..My own husband( very hard to find...What is up with these somali guys) and kids...how cute is that smile.gif

I also need to get my masters and a job at either the UN or the World Health ORganization.

Thats all I feel I need at this point....

Peace and luv

Kool_Kat   

Legend_of_Zu, you have a good point, and I know noone will eva leave this earth feeling complete...But my point was more of what Ameenah said about being content with what you've got and what you have achieved so far in your life and of course the things Allah has blessed you with to feel as close to as being complete...I hope that makes sense... ;)

very intresting question

i guess what will make me feel complete (althou i'd never be complete) is my mothers blessing and waking up everyday with a big SMILE ON MY FACE!!

Haaruun   

I guess none of us feel complete 'till the day we die.......When I put my feet in Jannah will be the day I will feel complete..inshaAllah.. b4 that, it will be just work work for here, andmostly here after..

HONEY-D   

I WOULD SAY HAVING ALL THE THINGS I HAVE EVER DREAM OF SUCH AS COMPLETING MY EDUCATION, BECOMING AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN, EARING MORE THAN MY FUTURE HUBBY SO I CAN BOSS HIM AROUND. THAT WOULD MAKE ME THE HAPPIES WOMAN. AS SUM OF U STATED HUMANS WILL NEVER BECOME COMPLETE OR CONTENT WITH WHAT ALLAH (SWC) HAS GIVEN THEM. WE TAKE EVERYTHING FOR GRANTED AND SEEK FOR SUM MORE INSTEAD OF PRAISING THE LORD FOR WHAT HE HAS GIVEN US. :(

Yep..there is difference between being Complete and being Content..i was just tryin to Point that out .. completion is unacheivable..and it would be borin anyway...But being content is a whole new diff game

cheers

N.O.R.F   

veru interesting topic kool kat!

As some of u have put it,being content with yr achievements and being fearful of Allah (swt) must come first.

Just being HAPPY as a person will do me! Happiness is the combination of all the aspects concerening my life ie deenta, family, career, financially stable etc! Insha Allah

shyhem   

I have just waged war on poverty, and until i win this war i believe my life is far away from been complete.Remember a hungry man is an angry man.

What makes me a complete individual?

I would say two things would make me a complete individual:

1) being a good muslimah (working for aakhirah)

2) getting my univ degree

Kool_Kat   

R_C, I got three words for you...

Materialistic, materialistic, materialistic...Walee boorsadeyda kuuguma aamino...looooooooooooool