Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Sucaad Xaaji Max'uud

Juxa   

koolkat i hope she does see thro his evil intentions and gets herself better model to replace him

MZanzi   

^^^wale Hadi eeey kunoqoto ninka bananada saas ugu hadlaayo waa wax baqtiday

PS Laakin mid ogsoonow..Gudayaal isbartay weey isku so guuxaan ayaa horay looyiri

Kool_Kat   

^LOL, balo isku guuxday...Hada rag badan weysku soo sharixi doonaan Sucaad Cadeey... ;)

Juxa, waa iska naagoo sasabaad baa ku filan...

Kool_Kat   

Adi naftirkaa soo diyaarso applicationka...Bal sponsor halaguusii xareeyee...Ana hadhow 'how to get abs' aad iga caawisidee... icon_razz.gif See that's what I call killing two birds with one stone! :D

MZanzi   

Kool kat, xasid sanidaa walaaley, Garoob wiil heesato waa laga subxanalesta mida kale qoftaan wiilkeeda aanba isla'egnahay icon_razz.gif

Kool_Kat   

^Walahi somehow I just knew you would say that...She is only 31... icon_razz.gif:D I can't believe you're willing to pass the opportunity to be a Canadian Citizen...Garoobnima na wax kujaban maleh, afkaa suubso... :mad:

Juxa, shaxaari aa? Ani waaye day?

Bas bas, bal dadaan ogahay inteysan xanaaqin, Sucaad faraha halaga qaado!!!

BTW, totally not related, laakiin maanta case aan process gareynooyo, ninkoo iyo naag 1969 is guursaday aaba 2008 is furay! SHOCK!!! Waaba camcameenee mexey iska furaayaan? Pensionkiisa xataa ma'uqaleynoyso...Ar gaalaa!? :(

MZanzi   

loool kool kat aniga garoob macaayine ogow hade runta lee sheegaye mida kale Zulu citizen aan ahay marka mahi usoo dhoofay aan joogaa waana kuheesta sideey tahay icon_razz.gif

Ps:lol@she'z only 31 ..da'adi risboonsarka miyaa misa mida saxda ah

Paragon   

^31 ma weyna, kolleey mar dhal weey gashaa. Waa layska biyabiyeeystaa, FuFu. :D

At least she got her deserved 15 minutes of fame. Glad all her troubles are over.

Her case is far from over. It is just a tip of what happens in Nayroobi office of Canadian embassy. Waa dad isla waa weyn, Soomaalida aadna u yaso dadka ka shaqeeyo safaaradaas Kanada. On today's paper.

Government `mindset' blamed for abuse of our Muslims abroad

You remember Liliane Khadour, don't you? She was among those at the Canadian high commission in Nairobi who caused Suaad Hagi Mohamud all that grief. Well, the diplomat's tour of duty has "concluded" – as in, terminated.

But she clearly was not alone in creating the mess. What's being done about the other officials?

And what's Ottawa doing about the chorus of complaints about the attitude of Canadian immigration officials in Nairobi toward Somalis, including visiting Somali Canadians?

And what of Stephen Harper? After refusing for weeks to tend to the case, he has been cleverly distancing his government from this shameful episode. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

He began last Thursday with the innuendo that Mohamud's was "not an easy case," implying there was more to it than meets the eye. If so, let's hear it, Prime Minister.

The next day, he urged Canadians to be cautious when abroad, implying that she hadn't been. Fact: she had done nothing wrong, except to visit her sick mother.

He then made a particularly misleading statement: "We do our best to aid those in various forms of difficulty, but ultimately we're not the sovereign government once people leave our territory." Fact: it was not Kenyans, but Canadian officials who were the main culprits.

This week, Harper said: "When we became aware last week ..." Is that the royal "we"? Or is he referring to his office? In either case, it's not reassuring that the Prime Minister and/or his entourage didn't know what most Canadians did.

ON SATURDAY
, about 50 Somali Canadians waited nearly two hours at Pearson airport for Mohamud to emerge from immigration upon her return from Kenya. They were eager to talk.

Shukri Abdi lives in the same building as Mohamud and had gladly looked after the single mom's son, though she has seven children of her own. "I said, `sure,' since Suaad had to go see her mother."

Abdi said stories of Somalis being harassed by Kenyans at Nairobi airport for bribes and being ill-treated at the Canadian embassy are common. Her brother, Abdi Dirshe nodded. The last time he was there, in the spring, "I couldn't get past the security, even though I showed my Canadian passport."

Mohamed Dahir has a radio program on CHIN Radio and a TV show on OMNI. "There are lots and lots of complaints about our embassy there. They don't treat people properly. For them, there are two tiers of Canadian citizens. If you are Somali, tough luck."

His colleague Ahmed Yusif: "Many Canadian embassies have an assumption of who's a Canadian. The colour of your skin still plays a role, even when you have a Canadian passport. I was happy when Brenda Martin was brought back from Mexico in a government jet. But we should help not just those who might look like the government's idea of a Canadian but, rather, all Canadians."

Faduma Mohamed, president of the Somali Canadian Diaspora Alliance, said: "We do not have two-tier citizenship in Canada, but there is in the way Harper is acting."

MOHAMUD'S LAWYER
, Raoul Boulakia, has a pretty good idea of what went wrong in the Mohamud case.

Detained at Nairobi airport May 21, Mohamud had the Kenyans call the Canadian embassy. A day later, Khadour and "a white male officer" arrived. "What might have pushed the (Canadian) immigration officer was that she, having lived in Canada for some years, talked to him in a way he's not used to from the Somalis there. She said she had some rights as a Canadian. But the Canadian officers there expect Somalis to suck up to them."

When Mohamud was taken to the embassy May 25, she offered her fingerprints and urged the officials to phone her employer. "But they just wouldn't listen. Which is how they normally treat Somalis over there. People keep telling us stories that the embassy staff are dreadful. And every experience I've had with them has been dreadful."

By May 28, Khadour had sent Mohamud's passport to Kenyan officials, "telling them, `You prosecute her.' Can you believe that?"

Darryl Huard, second secretary, immigration, sent a detailed list of questions to Suaad's employer: Her date of employment? Hourly wage? Hours of work? Days absent from work? etc.

"It's clear what the purpose of such questions is," Boulakia said. "Once they get the answers, they'd ask her and see if she gives the exact same answers. The slightest deviation, and `she's lying.'

"The simplest thing would've been to put her and her employer here on Skype, and say, `Does this woman work for you? Show us her employee ID picture, her file.'"

Meanwhile, the government was fighting Boulakia in court. "Can I have her file? No. Her passport? No. Why don't you do a DNA test? No. I said the government has done it in 8,000 cases. The court agreed. Once the DNA came, they were screwed."

Boulakia's experience is that when "Canadian officials make mistakes, they never, ever admit to their mistake. They close ranks. That seems to be the same behaviour in just about every case I litigate. And what they really, really hate is a lawyer turning up to question them."

As for the Harper government, he said, "it has an attitude toward Muslims abroad, a mindset, like they are dealing with second-class citizens. With Mohamud, their attitude was similarly dismissive: `This woman, what can she expect?'"