Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

IMPORTANT!!! BBC Radio 5 vote to show pictures

Ibtisam   

There is a vote on Five live on whether to publish photos of prophet SAW. The text number is 85085 . so please getting voting and text

The british media were reluctant to publish pictures as the BBC news said last night, however the interest behined the story is being picked up massively. the issue will feature on news night tonight, with muslim representative MPAC defending the issue.

remember to Text the Word "NO" to 85058

cheers

better still why not text and email them as well.I sent them a text and emailed them from sveral email accounts i have .Here is a sample of my email in short

I understand Channel Five is holding a poll as to whether you should show the Infamous and Repulsive cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a Suicide bomber on British TV.I wish to register my opinion which is that such a move is comparable to a denial of the Holacaust in terms of how offensive it would be to the Muslim people across the globe and primarily to myself as a Muslim.I hope you will have the good taste and respect for the millions of Muslims here in Britain and the Billion Plus across the world by NEVER showing it on British tv or giving it any undue marketing

Furthermore i also believe that this will be damaging to the harmony that we have here in britain between the various ethnic and religious groups who i might add live side by side in harmony at present.Such action will also be a source of danger to our troops in Iraq and elsewhere in the Muslim world and help the terrorist organisations in their recruitment drives

Ibtisam   

Clarification, it is BBC radio 5, that is holding the poll and it is them you should e-mail, not channel 5, sorry

cheers

Ibtisam   

u better text again to make sure, but if that is the case, and there is big possibility that this will be the case, because Muslims are so slow, and because they only know how to talk and argue with each other, then the pictures will be published 2morrow and shown on the news 2night

Castro   

^ You don't have to wait till tomorrow. They're readily available online right now. Ask Johnny where to get them. :D What I meant by asking "what then" was what's going to happen in the UK (and all its muslims) when the pictures are in fact shown on prime time television?

Ibtisam   

i know, i am in the UK and have seen the pictures on line, but me looking for it and finding it is different to everyone reading it on the metro for free, and watching it on the news.

what will happen.

honestly, nothing, most of the muslims won't even notice, the ones who do, will be significantly too small to make any difference.

well the answer to that is simple.If there are more yes than no's then they will feel they have the necessary backing from the public to publish them....and they will.They will then use that as an excuse that they did consult the nation

Khayr   

Relativism and Popular SENTIMENT is what is at play here and not what is the RIGHT THING to do for BBC?

Afterall, they are in a BUSINESS!

The Massive should not decided what is Right or Wrong b/c what is Right is Right irrespect of Time and how many people thing that it might be right or wrong. Likewise, what was wrong yesterday can't be Right today simply because a POPULAR VOTE is conducted!

This is truely a Dajjalic age!

Ibtisam   

^^^What world do you live in??, stop ranting, move forward with time, and use their methods to stop things you do not approve of and again use it to push through things you don't approve of; that is how the current world works. okay, we don't live in a cave and this is not a islamic country, so you have to employ their methods to egt what you want.

cheers

Ibtisam   

yes^^

here is what else can be done:

) speak to your local Mosque/institution. Demand they inform and activate the congregation to this.

2) Campaign to get local Mosques to organise mass email campaign to the Danish Government and to teh british government.

3) Contact Local Muslim Leaders to demand a meeting with the Danish Ambassador here and head BBC as well as other media outlets

4) Contact Muslim Leaders to meet their MP and demand he make a public statement.

5) Write to the Government of Britain and demand action.

^^^get your family and friends to do this, even the non muslism.

p.s. i would have added BBC boycotting, but i know muslims would even try :(

cheers