Che -Guevara

Max"ed Yuusuf Tigeey on Farmaajo's Tour

galbeedi   

This trip by Farmaajo was very courageous. Despite its security challenges , he took a big risk and made a bold move. Sometimes those who rule these regions do not even travel by land.

I always believed that there is a huge difference between the politician and the public. The president or any other Somali leader should allow the naysayers or his opposition to prevent tp reach the people. He must meet and sense the pulse of the people. The Somali people want to see and feel their leaders.

The Somali people has matured in so many ways, and they have shown their eagerness to have a responsible government among the free nations of the world.

Dadkaaga in ama siyaasi ama reer hebel kaa horjoogsada ma ahan, Siyaasigu wakiil kama aha mushtamaca, inkasta oo qaarkood ay soo doorteen.

This Farmaajo guy seems to be a blessed and good hearted man that the Somali public are  immensely attracted to him. 

Rather than shake hands and fly back to the bunker (Villa-Somalia) he is spending days ans weeks to his people. I think this is a successful trip.

This trip helped him silence the so-called opposition; this is even more interesting considering traveled through Baraxley, Galinsoor, Cadaado and all way to Caabudwaaq and Dhuusomareeb.

What's more important throughout his time in Puntland and parts of Galmudug, his security was entirely Somali, locals plus Danab special forces. I understand AMISOM will be in Dhuusomareeb.

Fiqi and co will be there to 'welcome' him. But the people are genuinely happy to see him. They are yearning for real leaders. I hope he and Kheyr understand the only legitimacy they need is from their people.

Runtii shacabka waa walalo waxna iskuma hayaaan waa la kala qoqobay, in uu toos ula hadlo dhex gale waa muhiim and this is Farmaajo power/strenght

Yunis   

A very inspiring trip, Didn't expect this level of support from the people. By contrast, i think pll inside Somalia are more unified than those in the diaspora.

• Like 1

Holac   

This trip helped him silence the so-called opposition

Farmaajo is a politician with one of the best US lobbying firms working for him. His every move is carefully choreographed and calculated. After the Mogadishu debacles and setbacks, he needed to change the media narrative and his trip to Garowe did just that. It was brilliant as Galbeedi would agree. Abdiweli is an old friend of Farmaajo (they had a falling out when Abdiweli became PM) and the two recently worked out their differences, promising to work together. Puntland did everything it could to give Farmaajo a great welcome to Garowe with the authorities there actively organizing the turnout many days prior to the visit. Some Mogadishu media found it offensive that Hassan Sheikh Mohamed's pictures were burned in Puntland after former president's visit and in contrast farmaajo was welcomed with open arms.  I don't believe it was clannish. I think it had everything to do with how Hassan handled the Federalism talk with Puntland. 

In the coming months, we will see whether Farmaajo's trip to Garowe has any lasting impact on his presidency. For now, we can assume not much has changed in Mogadishu's opposition towards him. 

galbeedi   

Yunis,

We the diaspora care about the country more than people might think. Most of us are probably political junkies who like to debate issues. 

When we criticises Farmaajo and his government, it does not mean that we want him to fail. In fact, we want him to succeed for the sake of all us. Faraska Usha waxa loogu dhuftaa in uu dheereeyo.

At the same time, we want the leaders to be accountable and do the right or we will speak up. Those who care about our country must feel great about this trip.

Holac,

I think despite pressure from Ethiopia and there's, C/weli is aware about the importance of the national government. Aslo, Farmaajo was dispensing millions of dollars of infrastructure investments throughout those regions. When you have  the cheque book people would listen.

I really changed my mind about C/weli Gaas. He is building airports, expanding ports,  roads, and other infrastructure less than  four years. He is cooperating with the national government and he sees the big picture. For Puntland and Somalia, C/weli will be 100% better than Faroole or Cali Xaaji. 

Faroole is totally lost it. 

galbeedi   

He is probably getting good advice. 

I was reading this week a book called  " On Becoming a leader"  One of the major points that impress me was the difference between the leader and the manager.  While the manager (Khayre) is a technocrat that focuses the day to day operations, the leader (Farmaajo) should be visionary and must focus more on people.

here are few examples:

the manager administers, the leader innovates.

the manager relies on control, the leader inspires people.

the manager focuses on system and structure, the leader focuses on people.

The President should not spend all his energy about the " Dillaaliinta Muqdishu" who are only worry about their pockets. He must be able to gauge and see the horizon. What is going on in Zaylac and Ceerigaabo and Jijiga. Focus on building capacity and reaching out to people. You must have a vision of where you want to be in four years and work hard on that.

Haddii aad ku mashquusho C/ shakuur , meel fog gaadhi maysid.

One more thing, the plot to storm the house of Cabdi Qaybdiid was a big coup to ignite a new civil war. Imagine if those soldiers entered the house and killed the man and his wife as the plot was planned by UAE. The next afternoon a war would have started. 

Illaahay waxa uu inaga badbaadiyey afgembi khatar ahaa. 

Sidaan sheegay Farmaajo waa nin barakaysan  oo geesinimo la yimid.

When the Turkish coup plotters bombed the hotel Erdogan was staying things got from bad to worse. Erdogan jumped to a plane, and when he was on the sky, a couple F-16 fighter jets were sent to shoot him down. Some of his family members and aides told him to fly to Germany and seek shelter . He refused and flew back to Istanbul airport where the people came out and defeated the Gulan coup.

Folks , you need courage to succeed.  Illaahay Qoomna ma bedelo illaa ay iyagu isbedelaan. If we all do the right things, Allah will d the rest.

• Like 1

YoniZ   

Well said Galbeedi. 

The leaders we have today are the ones that matter.

We have to incourage them to do their best for the country, commend them for their achievements and,  forgive their minor shortcomings.

We diasporas (I used to be one) need to criticise less and, work hard in making this country better place than what it has been last three decades.