Sign in to follow this  
Hales

Arsenal and others (most recent news)

Hales   

Arsene Wenger Fears 'Homegrown' Rules Will Force Arsenal To Sell Players and others

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has hit out at the new Premier League rules regarding the number of homegrown players in a squad, claiming that he will be forced to sell players as a result.

Wenger is sceptical that the idea will improve the England team, and clearly feels that the new rules will restrict his ability to bring in the players he wants to the club.

“We have to respect this rule, so with players coming in, that means players going out at well,” he said, according to The Daily Mirror.

“I am not too much for rules, I believe what is important is the quality.

“The Premier League is the most watched league in the world, and you only get that if you focus on quality more than on artificial rules.

“I do not believe the fact that England did not win the World Cup is linked with that."

Wenger has promised though that his Gunners team wil be better than last season and he is aiming to improve on third place in the Premier League.

He does concede though that there will be greater competition this time around.

"We finished third last season, so we of course try to improve," he added.

"Manchester City have now joined in on the big targets, so it will be hard.”

Hales   

We Really Want To See Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas At Barcelona - Pep Guardiola

Reigning Spanish champions Barcelona are continually being linked with a move for Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas, but the Blaugrana have been unable to reach an agreement with the Gunners so far.

Barcelona are not giving up on the Spanish international though and head coach Pep Guardiola has made it clear that he's still hopeful that Fabregas will make the move to Catalunya, even though the midfielder won't join on the cheap.

"I totally understand that Arsenal are reluctant to let go of a player like Cesc Fabregas. He's a great player and we'd love to see him ply his trade at Barcelona next term," Guardiola was quoted as saying by AS.

"However, it's up to technical director Andoni Zubizarreta to reach an agreement with Arsenal. Like president Sandro Rosell said before, signing Cesc won't be cheap, but we're determined to lure him to Barcelona."

Fabregas has revealed his desire to return to Barcelona on more than one occasion, but the Catalan side appear to be reluctant to offer more than €45 million for the 23-year-old, while Arsenal are believed to be holding out for €60m.

Hales   

Arsenal To Return With An £18M Bid For Everton Defender Phil Jagielka - Report

Arsenal are reportedly in line to offer Everton £18 million in exchange for the services of defender Phil Jagielka.

The Gunners were recently believed to have had a bid of £14m turned down, and The Daily Star claims that they are ready to return to Goodison Park with an improved offer for the former Sheffield United man.

The north London club recently signed defender Laurent Koscielny, but the non-committal nature of Sol Campbell coupled with the departures of William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre are believed to have left manager Arsene Wenger in the hunt to sign another defender.

Toffees' boss David Moyes is thought to be keen to hold on to the player, but it has been speculated that the lure of Champions League football could prove difficult to resist for Jagielka.

Hales   

Manchester United To Approach Bayern With Fresh Philipp Lahm Bid - Report

Manchester United are ready to launch a raid for Bayern Munich full-back Philipp Lahm, with the German giants ready to consider offers, according to reports.

FOX Sports comments that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has long been an admirer of Lahm, who captained Die Mannschaft to third place in the World Cup finals in South Africa, but his previous advances have been rebuked.

After watching the 26-year old star during the tournament, Ferguson is ready to make another offer to the Champions League runners-up in order to entice Lahm to the Premier League.

Bayern have slapped a valuation of £15m on the player, and United are also ready to offer striker Dimitar Berbatov or midfielder Ji-Sung Park as makeweights in any possible transfer.

The Red Devils found the right-full back area to be a problem position last season, following a succession of injuries for Wes Brown and veteran Gary Neville, meaning that youngster Rafael played a prominent part in the campaign.

However, Ferguson is unsure whether the 20-year old Brazilian is ready to be first choice, hastening his pursuit of Lahm.

Tuujiye   

^^^ sxb I strated a forum for Transfer news ee maad waxaan dhan xaga geesid? or just post Arsenal news xagaan...

Koox xun oo qashin ah baad la car carareysaa duqa! Arsenal is done for saaxiib ayaga iyo liverpool booskoodana waxaa qaateen City iyo Spurs lol....

iska dhiga duruucdaas guduudan ee bax shuko qaata aan idin dhahay!...seasonkii oo aanan bilaaban ayaa duun soo qaadatay lol jiiq ee idinku tahay....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Hales   

^^

Awoowe i didnt realize their was another thread like this which you opened 5 days ago, mine looks clearly better though. :D

You need to understand that your duq :D team which is aging by the day won the league on the last day, even then by only one point.

p.s. Who told you i support Arsenal.

Tuujiye   

^^^ Anaga waxii alalaaso dhan guntiinaan u xirnaa so since you out here adoo cilaan kuu marsan yahay, you must be a gooner fan!

Chelsea won and Man U was second... Run hadii aan isku sheegeynona, Chelsea is the only strong team in the big Four... Liverpool and Arsenal sanadkaan waxba shaqo kuma laha and Man U needs to shape up from the back and get better defenders....

"Chelsea! wazaarad waaye! intakale Wakaalad waaye!" lool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Haatu   

Ninyow runta haddii la'isku sheego, yaa alalaas badan anaga iyo Liverpool? :D Adi huruud iyo gorgorad weligaa ka dambee.

Let me be a sujuu and ask what's the difference between wasaarad and wakaalad :D

One word.............................................

Emmanuel Frimpong

This boy is going to be bigger than Essien i tell you.

i watched all the pre season friendlies so far and he has been the most impressive. Watch out Denilson.

Future Ghana and Arsenal star.

alternatively you can go to www. myp2p .eu

or for todays games myp2p today live

you just need to download Sopcast Player from Cnet

don't worry its virus free and safe. :D

Throughout the season you can watch any game from around the world for free. The bigger the game the more streams and differing coverage from numerous channels you get. SO more choice for you.

I'm not talking about those crappy 400kb streams but crystal clear streaming in HD from 1.5mb onwards. You would need a decent internet connection though.

Last season i had acess to every single one of Arsenal's premier league games in High Defintion. Better than sky stream and in English. Looked an asbsolute peach :D

for that i downloaded Veetle Player which is an add on to firefox. Once the season starts remind me to post links for of the matches on the forum.

Champions League, Premier league, La Liga, Serie A........so on in HD absolutely free and in English. smile.gif

The same goes for movies and tv Shows. Example: 70% of the current content my local cinema is showing currently i already have on my hard drive in DVD or Blue Ray quality minimum. The best bit, it took no more than 10 mins to download these. And no i dont use peer to peer or torrents. The world has moved on and join the revoltion people. smile.gif

Everything is free on the internet, so long as your not a technophobe that is :D

BOB   

Too many people on this forum say they're Gooners yet you never see them when things start going sour. :D

That's Tuujiye's trait people...because isagu he only supports Chelsea as long as they're beating Arsenal (a team that uu hoosta ka jecelyahay) as soon as the Chavs loose few games waxaad arkeysaa isagoo fanaanada Scum Utd kuu gashan oo ku leh taageere weligeey Chelsea ma aheen. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Hales   

Chelsea functions completely oppositely to a team like Arsenal, Where Chelsea is all big stars, seen as the 'English galacticos' where much of their fame has recently been bought about by buying star players and having a style which attracted enthusiasts.

Chelsea has currently become fixated on quick glory through money and while attempting change is unable to shake and divert its unfortunate equibillirium. Simply because its star status comes with heavy responsibllity especially for the managers where if the managers dont succeed into the top position they are immediately removed. Theres no flexibillity so space for any youth prospects is left out.

The disadvantage to this is the aging of their own players and the eventual decline of the time.

Arsenal mostly exploited their own youth network and groumed their imported youngsters.

You have a case like Franco a good prospect who has been fought over by several of the top clubs to sign a few years ago. He is one of their few youngsters hardly gets anytime to play and now is being sent off for loan to be replaced by Mario Ballotelli (if they succeed in signing him that is).

Hales   

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini '99 per cent certain' of capturing Aleksandar Kolarov

Left-back will complete a medical at Eastlands next week

Roberto Mancini revealed Manchester City are ‘99 per cent certain’ of signing left-back Aleksandar Kolarov from Lazio.

The Serbian international is expected to join Eastlands for a reported £19 million fee in the next few weeks according to the City chief, subject to passing a medical next week.

Big-spending City have already acquired the services of Yaya Toure, David Silva and Jerome Boateng this summer, but look set to usher in another addition after 24-year-old Kolarov was granted a work permit.

“He [Aleksandar Kolarov] has the ability to play in numerous positions and is very good in midfield," Mancini told the club’s website.

"This is an additional benefit to the team. He has a fantastic international career ahead of him. I first saw Kolarov in his Lazio debut back in 2007. I was impressed by the speed and strength of someone so young.

“I have watched him a lot since then and so have the Manchester City scouts. His attacking capability is very good. He is fast and can shoot with power and accuracy.

“He was composed on the ball, had an excellent delivery with his left foot and was technically very able.”

Mancini remained confident that Wayne Bridge, City’s current first choice at left-back, still has a future with the club.

“I want two top class players for each position,” added Mancini.