Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

19 year old Balotelli still resisting to play for Ghana

mariobalotelli20100420_275x155.jpg

Ghana FA boss Kwesi Nyantakyi has revealed they are still interested in convincing Mario Balotelli to play for the Black Stars.

Balotelli, who was born to Ghanaian parents in Italy, only gained Italian citizenship in 2008 despite spending his entire life in the country.

Balotelli, 19, has always stressed his determination to play for Italy at senior level, but Nyantakyi has revealed Ghana remain keen on the player.

"Even though Balotelli has in the past snubbed us, we still think that anytime we are able to get him he will help," he told Joy FM. "Two days ago, in my discussions with the coach, we still discussed Balotelli and other players young players like (Lenny) Sowah, Adam Kwarasey in Norway and many others.

"We will pursue to strengthen our team and make our team the best in the world."

Balotelli, though, has stressed again that he wants to play for Italy and has hailed new coach Cesare Prandelli.

"His teams always played well and I like the fact he keeps a special eye on youth. I know well that my call-up is not to be taken for granted, as I must earn it day after day," he told Corriere dello Sport. "I feel ready for the Nazionale. I hope to be called soon, but as I was not in the World Cup squad, I'll have to earn it."

He added: " I hoped Italy could win the World Cup again. Clearly I would've been happy to take part and will carry that regret with me for a long time, even if I will play in other World Cup tournaments in future.

"I am happy that the general public called for me to be included, but at the same time it's a huge responsibility, because I know every time a game doesn't go well I will be at the centre of controversy.

"It would be fantastic to play alongside Antonio Cassano for Italy!"

Balotelli was born to Ghanaian immigrants Thomas and Rose Barwuah in the Italian city of Palermo. The family moved to Bagnolo Mella in the province of Brescia, Lombardy shortly after Balotelli was born. In 1993, at the age of three, the Barwuah family agreed to entrust Mario to the Balotelli family, with the legal move successively formalized by the Court of Brescia.[6] Balotelli later accused his biological parents of "glory hunting", stating that they only wanted him back when he became famous.[7] They lived in Concesio, a town and comune in Brescia. According to Law 91 of 5 February 1992,[8] Balotelli had to wait until his 18th birthday in order to request Italian citizenship, as his adoption was never made definitive, which he officially gained on 13 August 2008.[9]

Source: wiki

N.O.R.F   

Over-rated. I will be surprised if he becomes anything more than a pre-madonna. Ghana should be glad he doesn't want to join them.

Somalina   

He is an amazing talent, just lacks discipline and sportsmanship. I don't think he is overrated at all, his game alone speaks for itself.

Why would he opt to play for Ghana when he can play for the 4th time World Champions Azzuri is beyond me.

Balotelli was born and raised in Italy, He was adopted and raised by Bresciani family from a young age. He only knows Italian , has never been to Ghana. doesn't know anything about his family. All he's known in almost his entire life is Italians and Italy. I don't blame him if he doesn't feel like playing for Ghana. He obviously feel more Italian than Ghanian

I wonder how easy it is for brazilians/latinos to get italian citizenship and yet difficulty for the africans. And now this kid Mario is another example, he is a sole fighter up against the whole Italy (yes, italians are all fascists and racists scumbags). I remember this half somali/italian player Fabio Liverani and how he suffered racism in Lazio and his call up for the national team. He never was given a chance, now for Mario, he would be better off playing in England. Come to Chelsea! or even Roberto Mancini wants him in Man City.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Over-rated. I will be surprised if he becomes anything more than a pre-madonna. Ghana should be glad he doesn't want to join them.

This lad has great potential sxb.Potential is the important word though. I can see him flourishing in the premiership.

ps. it makes sense 4 him 2 play 4 italy.

Tuujiye   

^^ U sheeg Norf sxb..nin Liverpool taageero muxuu ka kasaa ciyaar yahay? Lucas ayaa ayaga dhan u ah ciyaar yahay lool Sorry Norf...

I think Macini is closing a deal soon.. Mario is coming to england and is about time...

Wareer Badanaa!!!