Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Paul The Octopus Stuns Germany

Paul, a brilliant German octopus, has impressed fans worldwide with his uncanny ability to correctly predict the outcome of Germany's World Cup games by choosing between two savory snacks. Most recently, the omniscient octopus selected the Germans to beat favored Argentina. He was right again, improving his track record to an unbelievable five for five.

The miraculous mollusk's prophetic prognostications even generated an online hoax, with an unsophisticated Photoshopper forging a sham Paul pick.

Now, however, the eight-legged oracle has made his latest selection -- and Germany is in for a true shock. Paul believes World Cup favorite Spain will defeat their German opponents. The last time Paul predicted a German loss, the team was upset by Serbia. This time, if Germany loses, they will be eliminated. While a victory would send them to the World Cup championship game, Paul has not been wrong yet.

Perhaps most agonizing for German fans is that Paul momentarily hovered over the his home country's box before slithering sideways to munch on the mussel representing Spain. Scroll down for photos and video of the sage of the sea making his bold pick and enjoying his tasty treat.

Huff

Jarmalku inay cusbo ku sayrshaan weeye Paul oo yahuu la yiraa weeye haddii Jarmalku kagaraayo waa in Paul biyaha inta laga saaro banaanka lagu tuuro weeye :D:D

I never tasted an octopus (is it xalaal :D ), but I am going to eat one day, especially this Paulkaan if aan helo. :D

I knew this thing was up to something. He hesitated on Jarmalka, then quickly went to Isbeyn's. The score being 0-1, it tells you the reason behind his hesitation. It could've gone in either way.

loool @ Paul The Octopus. He let down his adopted country, Germany. I wonder what he will say about the Spain Holland game?

If he is right this time again, I will urge the German FA to employ him as VIP consultant with decent wages and young Octopeses looking after him. :D

Khayr   

Last I heard, Paul's Head and Legs where on EBay sale. Everyone on Germany wants him as Dinner adn the Spinards want to invite him for Dinner. :mad:

Paul 'predicted' Spain to win the final on Sunday! :D

He also predicted a German win on Saturday against Uruguay. He hovered over the Uruguay box before opening the German one. He dicided to play it safe as he doesn't want to end up in a sushi bar :D