Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

UAE to spend $3.5 million on lobbying effort in Somalia

Deeq A.   

Muqdisho (Caasimada Online) – Wargeyska Alleastafrica ayaa shaaca ka qaaday in dowladda Imaaraadka Carabta ay Soomaaliya ka qoratay wakiilkeeda labaad ee ka shaqeynaya danaheeda siyaasadeed, sarena u qaadaya magaceeda. Warbixin uu qoray oo cinwaan looga dhigay “Twitter goes wild as Somali diplomat mocked over ” only UAE helped us’ claim” ayaa dhammaadkeeda waxaa ku xusan in Imaaraadka ay siyaasad dabacsan u adeegsanayaan sidii ay Soomaaliya saameyn ugu yeelan lahaayeen, ayna shaqaaleynayaan dad Soomaaliya caan ka ah oo magacooda sare u qaada.

Sida laga soo xigtay saraakiil, ayaa wargeyska Alleastafrica, waxa uu leeyahay “Cabdiraxmaan Cabdishakuur, oo ah wasiirkii hore ee qorsheynta qaranka waxaa loo magacaabay la-taliyaha labaad ee siyaasadda Imaaraadka ee Soomaaliya, ayada oo lagu abaal mariyey lacag dhan 3.5 milyan oo dollar”

Waa siyaasigii labaad oo Soomaali ah oo Imaaraadka ay ka shaqaaleeyaan Soomaaliya, ayada oo horey dowladda dalkaas ay u shaqaaleysay Cumar Cabdirashiid. Kadib markii uu toddobaadkii tagey kasoo laabtay magaalada Dubai oo uu Muqdisho yimid, ayaa Cabdiraxmaan Cabdishakuur waxa uu durba weerar siyaasadeed ku qaaday dalk Qatar oo ay xurguf kala dhaxeyso Imaaraadka, kuna sheegay dal “taageera argagixisada”.

Halkan ka aqri warbixinta Alleastafrica.com 

Caasimada Online
Xafiiska Muqdisho
Caasimada@live.com

Mooge   

look at the story amin arts who is farmaajo's ally is spreading. 

KUWII%20copy.jpg

niyoow farmaajo and his team are so obsessed with Cumar Abdirashiid for a weird reason. every time they give money to Amin Arts to attack the former prime minister. we know farmaajo and amin amir are buddies but this is going overboard walahi. i don't like the UAE but CCC is not responsible for mogadishu instability. loool.  farmaajo is trying to find someone to blame for his failed leadership. 

Mooge   

holac its very true niyoow. these people will say anything to divert attention from real problem of their own people helping and funding alshabab. i was there few months ago and believe me, the people know what is up. they are not fooled anymore. let the fake media talk stupid. 

Mourad1   

Ever since Somalia's Federal government opted for a neutral position in the current Golf crises, UAE government has been trying to undermine the government's every step indirectly. We can' speculate on UAE's motives, however, their actions are clear.

So to call out individuals who might be on the payrolls of the Emirates is reasonable. And if they are, thenI would personally prefer these individuals to denounce their Somali citizenship. At least then we would know where their priorities lie.

Mooge   

mourad, niyoow lobbying for foriegn goverments to spread their political interest is ok as long as the boys are getting paid niyoow but what is not ok is to say cumar abdisashiid is blowing up people in mogadishu.  i know casimada and hiiran like to spread fakenews about puntland and puntlanders, but as a puntite, I have to make sure fake new doens't become reality for everyone. lol. 

UAE hires lobbyists in washington. if it hires some in mogadishu it should be fine. if you said the goverment should regulate foriegn lobbying I would find that reasonable, but niyoow to say give up citizenship for lobbying is asking too much of people trying to find ways to feed their families. it is ok to hold meetings and tell somali people that UAE is wonderful. loool. i support that as long as they pay big. lol

Mourad1   

Mooge. Walaal.  Developed nations have laws that contain the scope of lobbying done for foreign entities and simultaneously if the lobbyists breach these laws, they are held accountable. So there is a system in place. 

Since there is no system in place in our country, there is no way we can have lobbyists. Ciida can't be held accountable for these individuals' action. So let's called them what they really are: Mercenaries. 

• Like 1

Mooge   

they are propaganda merceneries but not gacan-ku-dhiigles niyoow. believe me mourad i am not a fan of UAE especially after what they did in berbera and bosaso.  niyoow Cumar Abdirsahid is a respected political heavyweight and his services are being sought by many countries and other agencies. he is very busy man. i am happy UAE is giving him the money instead of wasting it on other dangerous characters. lol

galbeedi   

Amin Amir is going too far. If he goes this road he might lose all his credibility. Last week he posted a poster promoting Kulmiye party, the same party he portrayed for years as corrupt and incompetent. Last week, I run into one of his close friends and I asked, "since when is Amin Amir became a fan of Kulmiye?.It was just few months ago that  he depicted Kulmiye as tired and out of touch  party that was abandoned by the people who were looking for change.  I told him that this guy must change they way he is doing business or he will be discredited soon.  Few hours later  he posted a cartoon praising Waddani to save himself prom embarrassment. 

IN AWdal , we used to ask people why some of these  Suldaans are double talking and changing sides every other week?, the locals will tell you " Waar Odayaashu  waa sida  kaadhasha telefoonka oo lacag baa lugu shubtaa ka dibna sidaad jeceshay ayey u hadlayaan, berina mid kale ayaa ku shubanaya isagana way u hadli" , roughly means that these Suldaans are nothing but a phone card that must be filled and would talk as you desire.

He would attack Cumar Geelle with his dictatorship and theft of public money for months, and suddenly, the next day he will post a cartoon with flowers and progress and captions praising the dear lear. Remind you that between these two opposite cartoons, the dear leader have not done any thing different from the way he done business.

In Somalia, just like the political warlords,and  business warlords, there are media warlords. The worst among them is a television called Universal TV, Caasimada and others. I friend who just came from Mogadishu was telling me that a businessman would go to the finance ministry or the MOgadishu port and would try to get discounts or favors from the inspectors.  THe inspectors would refuse to make any deals and would demand that he pays the right custom fees. At the end he visits the minister himself , but  Bayle rejects and tells him to follow the rules. The next day, an article would appear from Caasimada and other media outlets attacking the minister for one thing or another.  This is the MOgadishu media trying to destroy those who refuse their bidding.

C/raxman C/shakur had not involved with UAE or the Saudis, but had criticised the Farmaajo government, and Amin is hitting them. For years, he attacked those he thought would hinder or defeat Farmaajo in future elections. The sad thing is  most people, including me  thought  Amin Aimir  to be a nationalist intellectual depicting a picture that says more than one thousand words, and help his people rise up from the ashes of tribalism.  Of course I knew his shortcomings and his weaknesses like all of us, and I thought the benefit of the cartoons would outweigh his desire to earn a living.  Yet, that desire  to earn a living should not destroy and undermine  his talent. 

I am writing this response to remind Amin Amir to protect his brand and dignity. As a friend , I want to remind him to watch the boundaries of his cartoons. Editorial cartoons combine artistic skills, hyperbole and satire in order to question authority and draw attention to corruption ,political violence and other social ills.  They are intended to show the hypocrisy of the politicians . Of course they usually have certain political leaning , but must be objective and not to appear to be rented space. 

I did not write this for what he depicted today, but for years, I felt he was being rented by certain people with deep pockets. 

When the Qalbi dhagax issue was in the news the biggest surprise wasn't about the handing of  the man to Ethiopia , but the silence of the president and his government. I thought Amin Amir would make a cartoon criticizing just the silence of the president, yet there was no beep from him for weeks. Few days later he posted a washington post article claiming that Qalbi-dhagax made a deal with Ethiopia.  I know the man and we live the same neighborhood , and I hate to attack friends , but if he keeps acting this way, he will become the Xidigta October of our times. 

It also shows a deep trend of southern corruption that touches almost everyone. I knew all along that he was involved what people call pay and play, but I thought in the end he will redeem himself and keep his dignity and credibility. When we were Hiil-Qaran, we thought we were progressive, nationalist and different with new thinking, yet on the next day he depicted Abdi Samatar and put a title that read " Hiil Daran".  We accepted his critic, but these idea of Farmaajo fun club will not help Soomalia, Farmaajo or even Amin Amir. 

Ethiopian troops are crossing by thousands, and more Ugandans are expected, yet this man was the one who believed that the Ethiopian presence as danger to national sovereignty. With couple of big bombs, he run into his masters to save him. The truth is neither Ethiopia nor Uganda will help him to defeat Al-shabab or keep him in power.

Amin Amir ma oga miyaa in la soo dhaafay wakhtigii " Xidigta October" keliya la akhriyi jiray.

On the other hand, Ina C/rashiid should clarify his stance on this issue. If he becomes lobbyist, then he should kiss goodbye to any elected office in Somalia. What is wrong with these leaders going  to foreign countries like small businessmen looking for a deal. Shariif Ahmed was there too. Why can't they settle in their own country and become counsel to the present government and the locals. Shariif Ahmed could settle down in Kaaraan and share his wisdom among his people . show people as a retired former leader who is taking part of the nation building rather than beg foreign nations. If you need some financial help, then do it in an honorable outside the media limelight. . They are flying around the region and want to come back during the election, what kind scheme is that. THey probably have two or three wives in different continents , one in Istanbul and one in Uganda.