Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo

Congrats to Farmajo. Hopefully he'll take advantage of this hysteria and build something upon it. Somalis are too emotional and once the emotions subside the same people cheering you today will hate you most tomorrow. I hope he won't carried away with this nationalistic fervor and start stupid fight with the international community. He needs to surround himself with cooler heads and good advisors (they are hard to come these days) and governed by consensus.

Feel bad for Malistar ;) wonder if he will continue supporting the new guy.

said:

Congrats to Farmajo. Hopefully he'll take advantage of this hysteria and build something upon it. Somalis are too emotional and once the emotions subside the same people cheering you today will hate you most tomorrow. I hope he won't carried away with this nationalistic fervor and start stupid fight with the international community. He needs to surround himself with cooler heads and good advisors (they are hard to come these days) and governed by consensus.

F
eel bad for Malistar
;)
wonder if he will continue supporting the new guy.

Malistar ''

all ways supports SomaliaGov no Matter who is leading waa maxay qabyaalad

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:b1a66c42fe2e-2.jpg" aarticle-urn:publicid:ap.org:b1a66c42fe2e

God bless Hassan sheikh

cadnaan1   

malistar2012 when is gonna be the handover ceremony between you and CHE wakiilka dowlada ee somaliaonline.

already che is doing the job flooding the place pics and videos.

said:

malistar2012 when is gonna be the handover ceremony between you and CHE wakiilka dowlada ee somaliaonline.

already che is doing the job flooding the place pics and videos.

Lol?

I doubt Che could ever muster the required audacity, nor the sort of damn-your-eyes hauteur necessary to defend the indefensible.

This, we are all aware, was precisely what our dear friend-- Mudane Malistar-- was able to pull off in here, flawlessly and without a hitch, these last four years as Damjadiid mouthpiece.

My only hope now is that Malistar will stick around on SOL and maybe help us hold the newly elected Farmaajo to account.

gooni   

bismilaah

reer waqooyi galbeed intooda badan xaqiiqdii way soo taabteen marka laga reebo qolyaha xagga bidix u janjeera

farmaajo allaha u fududeeyo xilkuu qaaday waxaana hubaa in soomaalidu isigu mid tahay adeerkiisna allaha u naxariistee sidaasuu ahaa 30 sano ka dib yaa la fahmay inuu jeclaa midnimada iyo wadajirka.

Cadnaan, I wish I had the energy and indha adeegnimada of Duke, Juje and Malistar. I am afraid I will fall short. These are big kabo to fill.

Duke and Juje are old timers. I don't know if you remember.

gooni   

odweyne

saaxiib w/galbeed umadda ku nool shakhsi baad ka tahay hal ra'yi oo qudha yaad ku leedahay

aragtidaada keliya yaa laga hadlaa umaddii sideedtamaadkii maskaxdoodii waa lagu daalay sanduuqa kasoo bax ninyahow oo aqoontaada uga faa'iidee jiilka soo koraya intaad afweyne ku qufuli lahayd waa talo saaxibtinimo

farmaajo wadankuu madaxda ka noqday waa somaliya waadna ogtahay xaaladuu ku jiro somaliland iyo galmudug aduunka waa isugu mid wax lala indho cadeeyaa mayaaliin meesha

meel kale wax ka fiiri ninyahow oo mujaahidkaan warkooda soo afjar.

waaku salaamay saxiib

galbeedi   

Gooni iyo Oodweyne waa idin Salaamay.

Oodweyne , you said the issue is not "the morality of what was incumbent for us", but challenges posed by the Farmaajo presidency toward Somalilnd. So, let us discuss the implications of president Farmaajo. The new president, when he was asked about Somaliland , he said " Dhibka Soomaaliya ma billaaban 1991, ee waa mid bilawday 1960, Reer woqooyiga waa la takoora , dhibkaas ay kaa cabanayeena inaga dhexdeena ayuu ka bilawday 1991, dawladnimana waan soo celin weynay. Waa in dib u heshiisiin sax ah aynu samayno. Dadkaasi waa dad la yaqaano, waa in loo yeelaa waxa ay rabaan si midnimo qaran loo helo, waa arin muhiim ah oo ka muhiimsan afar sano iyo toban , waa arin taabanaysa jiilka soo socda boqolka sano ee soo socda". waan soo koobay hadalkiisa oo waxoogaa isku toosiyey, maadaama farmaajo reer Xamar yahay af soomaaliguna ku kooban yahay".

Like any Somali president he believes the unity and territorial integrity of the republic should be maintained regardless of what came abut the Somali civil war of early nineties. Since Farmaajo is related to Siyaad Barre and is haling from GEdo region, it will be difficult for him to charge on toward Somaliland at this time , yet that does not mean he will allow disintegration.

The somali civil of eighties had created a lot of distrust, animosity and fear among Somalis. Some groups who thought they have won the war, have not only paid a heavy price, but did not gain any meaningful progress, although some like Somaliland are better than others. Having said that the tribal distrust and fear of others is stronger in certain regions while diminishing in other parts.

The distrust of the SNM community of every thing " D Block" or in particular Gedo region must be bridged and reconciled. It is the last remaining puzzle of the Somali unity and reconciliation. It was the Galgduud and Mohamed Farah Caydiid Community that fought the Siyaad Barre regime in the south. The Caydiid led USC was fierce in it;s hate toward the "D Block" and Siyaad Barre without even distinguishing the people and the regime. AS we remember he went After Barre with zeal and he even forgot about forming government or politics, although " Manifesto" and others had different plans.

Today, the Caydiid and Galagduud communities who fought Siyad Barre, are the biggest supporters of Farmaajo, and both of these people forgot and forgave what took place twenty years ago. In order for Somaliland and the Somali people in general to survive these dangerous world of competing interests , we must swallow our tribal pride especially with the advent of crude , calculated policies of the some democratic countries. It seems that while we Somalis and many others are leaving tribal , ethnic and the politics of identities, Some European and Americans are reversing their democratic ideals and are becoming tribal.

The war instigated by the corrupt and rich gulf states and arrogant extremist Iranian Shia hegemony will remake the middle east in the coming future. Five historical capitals of the middle east have been burned already by these sectarian war. Damscus, Bahgda, Aden, Sana and Tripoli have been destroyed, and with grace of Allah Cairo and Istanbul have survived. With few Shillings we may even buy that war and bring to our shores in Berbera. The long range missiles of Iran could rain in Hargeisa and Berbera. I urge the Somaliand parliamentarian to reject this just like other Somalis rejected the Ethiopian influence in their lives.

Twenty six years have passed since Somaliland declared secession , yet it seems we are just crawling of the gate. Since this thread is not about what Somaliland done or does not I will leave it there.

Ten or more years ago, in a weekend outing , when the Embagati , Kenya process was under way, I did visit some northern friends , many from Hargiesa and Borama, chewing Qat in a house. It was in the heydays of Dahir Rayaale regime and many of his sub clan were there spewing their zeal toward me. When I told them that colonel C/laahi Yusuf could be the president and will be coming to the countryside surrounding Togdheer, they all laughed as the boasting of " Nin Muqdisho ku waashay". At the time the Sool region was under the Puntland administration. Just like many Somalis who follow the out dated logic of repeating that certain tribes could only rule the messy and anarchist Somalia, they dismissed the possibilities of different outcomes.

Rather take account of human ingenuity or the surprise political outcomes that could change every thing , they kept saying "reer hebel Somaliya ma xukumayaan ama waa la nacay', regardless, this man was not elected by the "D Block', many in Jubba like "Xidig' compained with Hassan Sheikh. Shariif Ahmed was an old guard seen before and Hassan put all his hopes on Ethiopia, while Cumar Sharmaarke was seen as weak . He was the next best .

We, the Reer Woqoyi" unionist believe that we have certain ability and competence that the southern Somalis lack and without us there will never be a strong and great Somalia. Look at the media and culture, for tweet years they could not compose any thing meaningful. I maybe wrong but certain elites of the south are always worried about " Beeso" and could sell his favor, although that culture is now prevalent in somliand and other places.

Remember, the October revolution could not have gone any where for the first ten years without the huge northern brain and trust. Without Ismaciil Cali Abokor, Ahmed Saleebaan Dafle, Muuse Rabile and others , it could not have moved quickly. After Siyaad bArre arrested Ismaciil C. Abokor and many members of the SRC, certain members of the Gedo community went to Siyaad Barre and told him that " Haddii Ragii saaxiibadaa ahaa ee kacaanka kula waday aad xabsid geliso , ogow in aadan meel gaadhayn".

Even today, the new leader of the Somali Senate have shown to be independent and nationalist, and the way C/raxman Beyle managed both the election of the speaker of the parliament and the president have shown the people the honesty and competence of the northern Somalis. We Awdalites do not have any animosity toward anyone, but in Mogadishu , all the northerners had to stick together to survive the bombing of al-shabab and other freelance criminals targeting people for one way or another. The Habro are our leaders today and it seems we will live or die by their decisions which is a difficult thing to swallow, but most people believe sticking together and making a collective decision is better that dis-integration and anarchy,

Farmaajo has a huge task of first cleaning corruption in government, building Somali army, and chasing Al-shabaab and their sponsors from the south. I believe he will show good will and brotherhood toward Somalialnd while affirming unity and territorial integrity. In the mean time, the distrust between the "Dblock" and the SNM community must be resolved and president Farmaajo has an opportunity to reconcile this issue.

Xildhibaan Zakaria H. Mohamuud waxa uu yidhi " Soomaali hadaanu nahay la inagama adkaan karo, laakiin waa la in lugoyn kara. Lugooyadu way ka daran tahay dagaalka. Si aynu uga badbaadno dadkan raba in ay bariga dhexe ku celiyaan qabaa'il iyo firqooyin waa in aynu qaran adag dhisanaa.

There are great powers who want to remake the middle east and Africa to their original way of tribes and sects. It did already destroy old civilizations that lives side by side for thousands of years. Somalilnd trying to separate is small part of the game.