Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Robel the whale

Tallaabo   

Robel is the son of the president of Ethiopia's swimming federation. The idiot who runs that sport federation had absolutely no sense of shame when he decided to deny more capable men to represent his country and instead sent his clinically obese son to the fastest even in the Olympic swimming. But I admit I admire Mr Robels guts and his not so bad swimming skills :-D

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/11/sport/robel-habte-ethiopia-swimmer/

Tallaabo   

said:

Isxambaar.com

Shaqo kasta oo aanad kibrad u lahayn waa lagu guul daraystaa.

I avoided posting this for fear of being embarrassed all over again. I just can't understand why don't the mooryaans sending these amateurs to the international stage choose better athletes from all the bipedal creatures at their disposal?

Holac   

Honestly, why do these incredibly corrupt guys in Mogadishu send someone like this sister to compete in this type of sport? Not every country sends "anyone they can find" to every event. Countries choose sports events their athletes can respectfully compete and if that doesn't exist, they just don't participate.

Let me guess why ... it involves money. The big corrupt "Somali Olympic" gang wants to shake few dollars off IOC for training and other expenses. This sister is just a tool they use to get the cash coming.

Shameful.

Tallaabo   

^ I couldn't agree with you more Mr Halac. Its all about the money the Mogadishu gang claim from the IOC. Unfortunately, anyone with the word Somali in their description has to get used to being embarrassed and humiliated so publicly every four years.

It is all about money, and covert TAHRIIB.

The most shocking was Athens in 2004, when the girl they brought there, changing lanes, in 400M race, as if running like 1500m, and disqualified on spot.

Then it was Beijing, and London, , and now RIO, all shameless, and not even understanding basic rules of Olympics, forget about having benchmark, and good timing.

And the shocking bit, we have lots of talented Somali trainers/coach in athletics, and internationally respected, but it seems some idiots run this, who have no clue, and have no shame. YUULKA Raisal wasaarihii Hore, Abdiweli baa laga hayaa Xamar waxaa jooga 20 hayadood oo national sheeganaya, mid ka mid ahina iska daa wadankee, Banadir u dhameeyn, Xafad Xamar ah jooga. Wa biliqo QARAN.

As East African Country, with no much sports facilities, we could only produce more people in athletics.

Abdi Bille or Jamac Aden should lead the Olympic team.

Sadly, Jama Aden was recently targeted here for producing the best!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/20/athletics-coach-jama-aden-arrested-spain-doping-investigation

---

Rio 2016

Rio 2016: Somali sprinter hailed as 'inspiration' despite finishing slower than most high school girls

Somali Sprinter