By Cyrus Ombati

Monday, January 25, 2016

The board of inquiry formed to probe what really happened during the attack

on the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) camp in El Adde, has started its work amid

claims of betrayal. Preliminary findings showed the local clan might have

played a role in the attack's planning and execution. The Gedo clan lives in

the El Adde, Gedo region where the camp was. It emerged three soldiers who had

escaped the massacre and hidden in a village elder's house were hunted down by

Al Shabaab and lynched, together with the host, after being allegedly betrayed by

the villagers.

"The Gedo clan feels KDF has been working to help the Qabri Dahre and other clans

seen as their rivals and that is what we think drove some of them to betrayal,"

said a source who asked not to be named.

The soldiers had apparently ran for almost five kilometres after removing their

military uniform before ending up at the elder's home where they were shielded

for a while.The militants attacked the military base at dawn on January 15 killing

more than 100 soldiers, stole military ware and held other KDF soldiers hostage.

Sources said the attack might have been planned for days and there was no way it

could occur without the local clan's knowledge.

The attackers used vehicle borne improvised devices, an indication they had

planned the raid for a long time and exploited a tactical weakness during

rotation of forces to carry out the raid.

Read more at

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2016/Jan/103765/kenya_local_clan_in_el_adde_might_have_betrayed_kdf.aspx#sthash.afwzfc9s.dpuf

Mooge   

niyoow this is the reason Gooni is very upset these days. he still can't get over the Jubaland creation and his clan has completely embraced Alshabab. Supporting terorists will only weaken the Gedo clan further. I think it is a bad strategy.

Gooni is even mad at Bosaso airport for no reason. lol.

galbeedi   

Mooge, not only Gooni but we are all angry. How can anyone accuse the local people for atrocities committed by Al-shabaab. six months ago they overrun the Brundian base in Leego , Lower Shabeelle, no one said the locals are responsible. How about those extremists at Bay , Hiiraan and Mogadishu.

We all know This third world African army can not pacify Somalia. A Somali nomad can not be subdued by Ugali eating poor Kenyan soldier. Isn't it Al-shabaab that murdered locals by not obeying them?. Are you justifying the bombing of the Somali civilian to avenge their defeat. I can assure you if these Kenyans and their stooge Madoobe keep playing this tribal card to kill Somalis in Gedo , we will all come together and push back these proxies.

This long foot people are really going too far. Do they think the corrupt ill equipped Kenyan could protect them for ever. Thank God the other Kenyan in the white house is leaving soon.

It is over . No more front line state armies in Somalia. Kenya, Djibouti and Ethiopia must leave. WE the diaspora Somalis must campaign for this. This is our own mess and we should clean up. If you can not rule the land without ridding the foreign tank and proxies armies, you do not deserve to rule.

Mooge. the truth is Madoobe was and he is a warlord. Soon I will post his whole history. His companions are either killed , jailed, laying law or under supervision. Aweys, Indhacade, Hassan Turki and others were his group. I still can not believe how a warlord and religious extremist like Madoobe ended up to lead a region while Proff. Gandhi and others are available.

Walaahi some of the "D" communities are just as bad as the HAG warlords of yester years. How can they justify supporting a known warlord Madoobe.

<cite>
said:</cite>

niyoow this is the reason Gooni is very upset these days. he still can't get over the Jubaland creation and his clan has completely embraced Alshabab. Supporting terorists will only weaken the Gedo clan further. I think it is a bad strategy.

Gooni is even mad at Bosaso airport for no reason. lol.

You Need some help , alshabab don't give locals choice you know that Alshabab killed soldiers and you justify the killing of innocent people sad …

How did Ashabaab over run KDF base over 200 KDF soldiers with superior weapons ? These UGali eating soldiers are cowards no other excuses ….

This Year Alshabaab over run and massacred all foreign troops Ethiopians - Burundi - Ugandan + Kenyans Army Base ?

Al Shabaab releases photos of Ethiopia convoy, shows burning military trucks & slain soldiers

Al-Shabaab-releases-photos-of-last-weeks

Saalax   

Galbeedi No community has interest in "Somalinimo" at heart lets not kid

ourselves.The south has became a mess where foreign muscles are used to

subdue other communities.

Mooge   

galbeedi, i didn't justify the killing of innocent people niyoow. i was just referring to gooni who was insulting puntlanders and the people of bosaso few days ago. I was relating his insults to the beef he has with madoobe and puntlanders who are the power-brokers in Jubaland. puntlanders just celebrated their 230 years in Jubaland. it was 1786 when the Eagle clan first liberated this land from Galas niyoow. let us remember history. the whole kenya cry is oohintu orgiga ka weyn. gooni wants his warlord uncle hiiraale to come back to kismayo and that will never happen as long as Jigjiga/Garowe alliance exists. we all know that the massacre committed against puntlanders and jigjiga clan over the years in Kismayo by hiiraale and his HAG masters is a dark history and we will not return the favor. we have moved on from the past and puntlanders are looking to the future. gedo clan should understand things have changed permanently and their political survival depends on how loyal they are to Jubaland project.

no doubt niyoow I want Kenya to destroy alshabab but I have nothing against civilians and people of Gedo. kenya has no right to kill any civilians. if my own puntlanders are fighting for alshabab, I want Kenya to vaporize the bastards. Kenya has the right to attack alshabab but i would never support them killing civilians niyoow. xaasha lilaha niyoow. mooge is nabadoon and i don't have that twisted mind.

malistar, niyoow Jubaland way duushay. stop the HAG cry for a land that doesn't belong to you.

gooni   

warya mooge nabad ma sheegtay?

i did'nt insult reer bari dad la caayo ma'ahan

xogaa yaroo faana un bay dadka dheer yihiin waana istihilaan

dhaliishu cay ma'ahan doorashadii boqorka qarash badan baa ku baxay dad hargab ku xumaaday oo fara badan baana qardho jooga.

airopor'ka wado ama is bitaal ba ka macno fiicnaa waa intaa siday ila tahay waana fikradayda

noo sheeg siday kula tahay iyo waxaad ku difaaci lahayd qarash garayntaas faraha badan ayadoo baahi ka muhiimsanu jirto

tan reer gedo..

sida muuqata reer gedo waxa lagu soofeeyay kenya mas'uuliyadda wixii shacabkaas ku yimaada waxaa loo haystaa eagle clan iyo xulufadiisa

waa niman wadaniyiina reer gedo aabe siyaad baa ka dhashay allaha u naxariistee

kaluun qalalan iyo caano saafiya wax laysku bedesho ma'ahan weligaana dadka kala baran maysid

kenyatigii wuu baxayaa baan maqlay nimankii odayaasha ahaa ma la iska difaaci kara? mise itoobiyoo ka fiican baa xulafada la joogta?