Sign in to follow this  
thefuturenow

Soo Dhawaada Walaalayaal

Waana isla qumantihiin ka waran. This new generation waa mucjiso--wax kala qeeybin iyo is indotir jeclaa! The evidence is literally staring you in the face. And you can just repeat it over and over and over again.

It's not even an issue. Somaliland BY DEFINITION is the land of Somalis aka Somalia.

We just post this stuff to bring you guys back to reality. To the rest of us, what Warancade said is common-sense.

somalee   

Horta soo dhaweynta waad ku mahadsantahay. Xagee lagu soo dhawaanayaa, Koonfur? Puntland? Galmudug? Jubbaland?

Lol.

Maxaadna u heysaa Somaliland?

Futurenow,

Here I was thinking you were a sober-minded analyst and you prove me wrong. Do you honestly think any minister in Hargeisa can claim Somaliland is part of Somalia and survive another day in office?

Think on that question!

Even Southern politicians when visiting Somaliland feel compelled to pay lip service to the Somaliland cause, even though they might feel differently. That's just the political reality when you are in Somaliland.

It would have been more 'believable' if you had started this thread with an argument for why it might be helpful for Somaliland to participate in the Somalia-rebuilding project which you allude to in your last posting above.

Mintid,

Kkkkk you made me laugh walaal. I know what the man said. He said that the entire world thinks of SL as part of Somalia. That the IC views it as a regional state.

But where is SL seeking recognition from? It is not the same IC that considers them a regional state?

Now the minister has admitted that after 20 years the IC still considers SL a part of Somalia---and not just a part of Somalia but a part of the new federal system in Somalia.

That is a big admission that SL independence project is failing. And anyone on a sinking ship, knows well to find harbor.

These men are politicians. They know who butters both sides of their bread. It is only a matter of time before they start warming up the SL population to the idea of joining the federal government. Not because they want to but because they must.

This project started from Juba, passed through Baydhabo and is now sitting in Cadaado. SL and PL heavyweights know it's coming their way. It is time to position themselves in relation to the smaller territories and communities that they claim to control.

Adam   

^ futurenow , so your entire proof of Somaliland republic joining a different country is based on a 42 seconds cut youtube video of ministry of interior of Somaliland giving an interview. before anyone accusers you of walwyne esme you have to give us real proof of this miracle news of yours . A starting point why don't you upload the entire interview with the minister. Also are you familiar with international law and the rights of nations to self determination. You see the people of Somaliland , somalilanders have choosing long time ago to be free and independent and democratic nation what the people of somaliamoqadisho feel about that is really in this case not relevant .

Adam,

If I may clarify myself, I did not say that SL is part of federal Somalia. The minister said that the IC considers them a part of federal Somalia. Now, self-determination can only take this regime so far. But even the British who created the borders are refusing to acknowledge SL as an independent nation. And as the South calms down, the IC (US/WestEurope) will have even less reason to support an independent SL.

And that's for one reason only--SL doesn't have the longest coast line in Africa--South Somalia does. Exxon and BP don't care about self-determination. They care about who will give them the contracts to drill. And as long as their political partners in the South give them what they want, they will not recognize SL.

Sudan is a good example.

Adam   

Thefuturenow, for the second time I would like to see the entire interview with minister Warancadde of the republic of Somaliland. If you do not have it, well then just admit defeat, but 42seconds clip does not proof or disapprove anything . Lets have a serious discussion here. Also if Somalia is so natural rich compared to Republic of Somaliland as you suggest surely thats another incentive for you to accept the reality and let the two countries live side by side not as foes but in friendship. In the mean time here is a little reading about somaliland from biggest newspaper in Britain http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018055/Somaliland-The-British-colony-shows-Africa-doesnt-need-millions-flourish.html enjoy abowe.