Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Monday Nov 24th will be a day to remember

There has been an ongoing debate these past two weeks over the high stakes political tussle between Damjadiid and the Federalist camp in Somalia, (or what passes for a debate among the bleating sheep here, anyway *sneers at the futurenow*)

As most of you know, by now, I am a die-hard federalist who called this one early, and said Yuulka is staying put no matter the petty corruption of Damjadiid and their erstwhile head, Culusow?

And yet, for some reason. . .I remain unrewarded for the minimal effort it took me to make my case why Culusow has put himself in a difficul hole which he will find very hard to climb out of, if he does at all.

Now, don't get me wrong, saaxiibyaal. I don't need your applause to know that I called this correctly early on. And one can hardly blame the naysayers for their reluctance to admit Culusow's failure to make more than a miserable token effort in the corrupt parliament tomorrow. But it

just seems to me that withholding your admission of the federalist camps practically effortless domination of the Damjadiid project is just a bit petty.

In any case, tomorrow, we will all get to witness the outcome Culusow's last sally at the redoubt Yuulka has set himself up with. We will see who will come out victor between Damjadiid or Federalism; Between Anarchy and Law & Order

SO PLACE YOUR BETS!!!....my money is on Yuulka :D

galbeedi   

OOdweyne, that is so true. Yesterday I had lunch with one of Sheikh Shariif Ahmed lieutenants who was in town. He was convinced that Sheikh Shariif will be the next one in line to replace Qoslaaye. I protested about this constant " Qori Isku Dhiib of these community.

He said " Hadaan loodhiibin cimaamad ayey soo qaadanayaan oo Al.shabaab ama wax kale oo cusub ayey la imaanayaan". So until the country becomes stable this " Anarchists " will rule the country for the next six years.

Oodka, welcome back, and nice to see you post after such a long time, especially in a thread that I've started :D

See, Oodweyne, the last time you contributed to a thread of mine, it seemed you had a diabolical meltdown which led you to confuse me with a nonentity by the name of Ngonge...Tsk tsk tsk :D

I refer to the following thread, by the way, in case you memory ain't what it used to be---> http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/topic/illusions-birthed-by-a-conspiracy-a-tale/

Now, back to the topic at hand:

You claim that the Looters Inc are like the Pashtun of Afghanistan, which couldn't be further from the truth because for one-- the Pashtun, are the majority ethnic group in Afghanistan, something our Looter brethren are not in Somalia. Secondly, tomorrow, no one ever claimed that Culusow will be removed: All I say, is that Yuulka will stay put.

This desperate motion business will fail, like the last 2 attempts they tried to run it through parliament. However, Culusow will come out of this affair still the president but very weakened. He will be allowed to remain a lame duck president till 2016 and Damjadiid's political agenda and influence on the federalization program will come abruptly to an end.

Holac   

Beyond the battle in parliament, it is most likely that political capital have shifted against Damjdadiid in the run up to tomorrow’s vote. Damjadiid is no longer seen as formidable. Unlike before, MPs in the parliament are on a new platform projecting their voices without fear or repercussion. Even so, the speaker of the parliament is recognizing a future without Damjadiid by pulling stunts to undermine the group. On top of that, the West is siding with the Prime Minister.

It is hard to predict the outcome, but Damjadiid will become a politically spent entity in 2015 and beyond.

^

And that is precisely what the objective has always been and why Damjadiid are throwing everything they got at the PM knowing full well that time is running out for them.

It only shows how politically naive they are in pursuing these desperate actions to remove Yuulka--who after-all is only an individual-- and spending all their political capital and influence to get rid of him without having any guarantees that these actions will most definitely set back the federalism camp.

Tomorrow it's.

Oodka. The 'defeated lot' ultimate goal is tribal federalism and they seem to be on the right track,

In any case, whatever course Somalia takes, it's safe to say Somalis will benefit from it the least.

Johnny B   

Besides few insulting words towards the President,This is nothing more than a futile attempt on the art of crystal ball prophecies, and some of us terribly bad at this art , including myself .

This Prime minister, good or bad as may he been, was politically done ever since his boss and picker, namely the president declared him uncooperative, and he was acting uncooperative since then,so the sooner he leaves the better for the nation.

Now all that is left is the technicality of officially giving the president the task of picking a new Premier,you want us to bet on a game that is already set, just because you call yourself a "federalist"?

Both you and your betting attitude reek hatred.

As for the meek gesture from our Guru regarding the "Pashtun" of Somalia,that begs the question of who're better suited ?whose answer we're well too aware of.

The country is going through painful period and that demands tough leadership to pull it through, despite Hargeisa's ill-wishes against the Republic and/or Gawoowe's "my clan has to have monopoly on the PM post" policy , the sons of the "Pashtun" of Somalia as it were, are what it takes to revive that Nation.:D

Odey   

Motion defeated for the third and final time. Damuljadid threw everything they had at this. Lets not make this into a qabil argument, its not!. This is an ideological argument. Both sides have supporters across the tribal divide.

The power will now shift (correctly and in accordance with the constitution) back to where it belongs- to the governance and implementation arm of the executive- the council of ministers headed by the first minister or PM. Hassan sheikh will have to come to terms with the diminished powers or end up loosing his post.

Already around the world questions are being asked whether he or the entire government should fall and everyone is in agreement that he would be easier given that should the government fall, Somalia will loose a whole year. Whereas he is but an indvidual and the government will function. I was in a briefing yesterday that saw a number of key points being raised, key among them being - what options after culusow?.

The mere fact these questions are being asked shows how the international community is seriously working on an alternative to Hassan. He was told on many occasions to cool it but i guess his buddy farah told him the world will be forced to deal with them if the get rid of yuulka, something they have now failed to do. With failure comes consequences - this time the consequence may prove to be fatal for his career.

The motion has come to an ignominious end(yet again) ... as I proclaimed it would-- and Culusow is no longer the untouchable president he once thought he was. His desperate and uncalculated machinations have now left him in a hopeless and difficult position, leaving him with very a difficult choice... resign!

For if Damjadiid wishes to participate in Somalia's politics in the coming years... they must insist that the president resign, so as to bring down this PMs government--this is the last avenue still open to them.

Otherwise, they will have no choice but to sit on their hands till 2016, and hope for a way into the new Federal Somalia post 2016 which, I daresay, won't be conducive for terrorist supporting political parties like Damjadiid.

Oodweyne. The outcome of the referendum will be determined by folks in the now so-called "Southwest State". There is a shift in power and on those on tribal federalism side have been 'winning' slowly but surely. These on the periphery will not give up their powers, even communities in the President's backyard namely Hiiraan are fighting hard to get their share.

We must also remind ourselves communities within each block are not monolithic and don't necessarily share the same goals.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Motion defeated for the third and final time. Damuljadid threw everything they had at this. Lets not make this into a qabil argument, its not!. This is an ideological argument. Both sides have supporters across the tribal divide.

You are fooling yourself if you think this is an "ideological argument" and not a tug of war between the D block and the Hag.