Sign in to follow this  
smartlander

Somalilanders are their own ethnicity

Wallahi it has to be

We are not terrorists, warlords, we love democracy while you hate it. We don't do violent campaigns. We dont take over other peoples lands

We r obviously different people but we look so alike. But oromos look like us somalis too so I believe somalians and somalilanders r related ethnic groups but we r not the same. Maybr we shared a ancestor 10,000 years ago then bridged off.

Even our language is different. Not only accent but we have different words for 90% of thr case compared to somalians. We dont even really share a language

My mother is from Somalia so I have connection to the Somalian ethnic people by DNA. Through clan I am an ethnic Somalilander. If a person had a white mom and a black dad, we all know that person is black right? Same in this case. I am your family guest on this website that comes to see you so rarely. There is a connection but I have my own Somalilander identity. I visit you during Thanksgiving which is once every two wedks on internet terms.

Going back to the topic ethnic Somalians are very skinny and are very bony. Also ethnic Somalians have bags under their eyes. These are not traits of the Somalilanders who are a bit fatter and look healthier.

Ethnic Somalilanders also have strong genes. Mix a ethnic Somalilander with a white or black and that baby will turn up as a Somalilander. The forehead, the lips, the dhaqan. He will become lighter or darker but the Somali features are still there

But with a Somalian baby mixed with white or black, it becomes a white or black baby totally. You dont see the Somali features

Have you ever thought that the "bags under their eyes", the "very skinny and very bony" descriptions you give to Koonfurians are due to the stress and problems of the civil war?

How bright are you?

Look at photographs of Somalis back in the 1970's and they didn't look like that. They looked MUCH healthier and much more handsome.

Growing up in a civil war for almost 25 years, with all the stress associated with it. With all the violence, the malnourishment, the lack of appropriate food, the lack of proper healthcare.

.....That tends to have an effect on people's appearance! You do know that right?! I'm just saying.

Just compare Mo Farah, who grew up in Britain.....with his twin brother, who grew up in Somalia.

These men are TWINS, yet Mo Farah is much healthier looking and more handsome than his brother. Because he grew up in a wealthy country with a high standard of living. Whereas his brother had a much rougher life.

And you can see it in his face.

This is all very basic logic. It's like 2+2

You're wrong smartlander

Where I come from, being skinny and bony and having bags under your eyes, unkempt hair, yellow teeth, dirty fingernails, and wearing a shirt that's not ironed is seen as a mark of beauty :D

You clearly need to get with the times. :D

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Wallahi it has to be

We are not terrorists, warlords, we love democracy while you hate it. We don't do violent campaigns. We dont take over other peoples lands

We r obviously different people but we look so alike. But oromos look like us somalis too so I believe somalians and somalilanders r related ethnic groups but we r not the same. Maybr we shared a ancestor 10,000 years ago then bridged off.

Even our language is different. Not only accent but we have different words for 90% of thr case compared to somalians. We dont even really share a language

What sort of weed are you smoking? I think you should talk to ina Godane and Mr Saalax of SOL and you will get an idea what Somalilanders look like :-D

<cite>
said:</cite>

You're wrong smartlander

Where I come from, being skinny and bony and having bags under your eyes, unkempt hair, yellow teeth, dirty fingernails, and wearing a shirt that's not ironed is seen as a mark of beauty
:D

You clearly need to get with the times.
:D

Many Somalians look better than Somalilanders. Bags under the eyes can be a sign of beauty on many people. I am not in the camp to say who is better looking. That is dumb. Just like how Chinese people have small eyes, Somalians have bags under their eyes. Somalilanders tend to have thicker lips

I am merely pointing of different features not pointing out beauty. You are speaking to a mature person not a troll