Sign in to follow this  
Wigad

Lionel Mess

Wigad   

The man deserves his own post, 5 goals in 11 matches that is amazing, easily the Worlds best player

i mean watch this performance

t1larg.messii.gi.jpg

Messi 'the best ever' says Barcelona chief March 22, 2010 -- Updated 1416 GMT (2216 HKT)

Lionel Messi has the chance to score his 200th goal for Barcelona in Wednesday's league clash with Osasuna.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Barcelona president Joan Laporta says Lionel

Messi is best player world has ever seen

Messi has scored 10 goals in past four games, including two hat-tricks

The 22-year-old is third on the Spanish club's all-time scoring list with 199 goals

Coach Pep Guardiola says he has run out of superlatives to praise the Argentine forward

(CNN) -- Lionel Messi has been hailed as the greatest soccer player the world has ever seen following his extraordinary exploits for

European champions Barcelona.

The 22-year-old has scored 10 goals in his past four games, including two hat-tricks in consecutive Spanish league matches.

The diminutive Argentina forward has kept Barcelona in the hunt for a second successive

La Liga title, and his two goals against Stuttgart last Wednesday helped put the Champions League titleholders into the quarterfinals of Europe's premier club competition.

Sunday's treble against Zaragoza was his third this season, and his fifth since making his debut in 2004, taking him to 25 league goals this campaign -- five more than closest rival Gonzalo Higuain of Real Madrid, and two past his tally from last season with 11 games still to play.

That he's capable of doing everything that he does at his age is impressive. It doesn't make any sense

Messi is now third on Barcelona's all-time scoring list, and has the chance to net his 200th goal for the club in Wednesday's league game against Osasuna.

After the Zaragoza game, Barcelona president Joan Laporta compared Messi -- who was named 2009's best player in the world -- with the club's legendary former stars Diego Maradona and Johan Cruyff.

"He's the best player in the world right now and the best ever," Laporta told Barcelona's Web site. "Together with Cruyff and Maradona, he's the best we've seen at the club.

"He's a player who can change everything in a game, but he also works for the rest of the team. He's a real leader."

Coach Pep Guardiola said he had run out of superlatives to describe the performances of Messi, who has scored 11 of Barcelona's last 15 goals.

"He's been more than decisive, and you can tell he's feeling fit the way he gets involved in everything. I've run out of adjectives -- you'll have to put your own," Guardiola said.

"That he's capable of doing everything that he does at his age is something impressive. It doesn't make any sense."

Guardiola revealed that Messi had been in doubt for the Zaragoza game due to a gum infection in his mouth.

"He was in a lot of pain. But in the morning I asked him how he was and he told me that he was better. Before the game I asked if he wanted to play and he said yes, I asked him how many minutes and he told me the whole game," Guardiola told reporters.

"He always wants to play, whether it's the Champions League final or against a third-division side. For me it's difficult to leave him out, seeing the form he's in. He's an amateur in this sense, he always wants to play."

Messi has not always carried his amazing club form onto the international stage with Argentina, but he has the chance to redress that situation in June at the World Cup in South Africa.

"The person who most wants to see him succeed for Argentina is Messi himself, nobody should doubt that," Guardiola said.

Tuujiye   

^^^ sxb engonge aan aamusino... this kid is only 22 kawaran... Lampard iyo Ninkaan ayuu isku keenayaa!!!

This game was yesterday vs Valensia...

A new super super star is here and I can't wait to watch this kid in the world cup...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

Did anyone see Abrahimovich though? What a useless player!

Messi is one of the best, although we need him to prove on two fronts to deserve the best footballer accolade. He is accussed of not doing good against English teams (who do not give him time to build up his mesmerising dribbles) and he is not doing well for Argentina. On the latter, many say it is because of Maradona's poor tactics. I don't believe it having watched all the qualifiers.

When he proves on this fronts, he will surely qualify to be one of the greatest players ever.

By the way, I saw him for the first time in U 17 World Cup where he scored twice to beat Brazil 2-1. It was easy to see his potential.

But I am convinced he will not do much against Arsenal. He doesn't like when the game is played in high tempo.

Wigad   

^^ he will absolutely tear up arsenal my word on that, and what are you talking about when you say he doesn't do well against EPL teams wasn't a Manchester United that he scored twice against last year, and a way better Manchester team than this year at that.

Tuujka, even in world cub level the guy is still amazing. Messi iyo rooney bey sheekado socotay eh xagu lampard kasoo galay, Lampard way kadamaatey he is a good player lakin just not a great player like Messi

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Wigad:

^^ he will absolutely tear up arsenal my word on that,

Don't think I will forget this! He will not do well. Mark my words. Waa inoo markaa.

Messi is gifted, there is no doubt about that. He has got it all, when it comes to football. Those 3 goals last night against Zaragoza were mostly made by him, sometimes out of nothing, specially the second goal.

I was watching it on Sky and couldn't help but notice the over the top praise of the fella by the commentators, he deserves it, but they made the whole game about him. Top notch player, though. I said to people when C Ronaldo was given the accolades 08/09 that he didn't deserve it, but Messi did and should have been. I have been proven right. Messi is in league with Zidane.

Abihamovic was definitely p!ssed off last night by the success of his colleague. He didn't seem okay at all. But this magical miniature of a man gave a very good friendly gesture by allowing Abrahimovic to take the penalty he created.

Why Messi deserves all the accolodes he's got and the ones to come:

1. Sportsmanship

2. Smile on the face at all times

3. Good team player

4. Works hard for the team

5. Seems really down to earth

....others can add

Abtigiis   

Zidane? On the basis of what? The last three matches? Let us wait for a while adeerayaal. I don't doubt his talent and he can even surpass Zidane, laakin I feel people are rushing to judgement here. Let him win the Champions league or the Spanish league and do something good for Argentina this year. Zidane won a European cup and a world Cup with France.

Tartiib!

Oz   

I will say however that I think Messi is on course to become the best of his generation, simply because his continued to improve from his natural raw talent at such a young age and he could well retain his WPOTY this year if he continues his form and performance for Barca and win titles, and his only 22.

Messi has to lead his country to win the World Cup to be considered near Maradona.

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

I have been proven right. Messi is in league with Zidane.

its just near impossible to compare the 2 because they are just in completely different circumstances and time. For example I consider Ronaldo of Brazil the best of his generation, now can u compare that to Pele or Maradona? Its impossible because although he's the top ever WC goal scorer and almost single handedly won the 2002 for Brazil, his a striker and under very different circumstances...

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

^^^ sxb engonge aan aamusino... this kid is only 22 kawaran... Lampard iyo
ayuu isku keenayaa!!!

This game was yesterday vs Valensia...

A new super super star is here and I can't wait to watch this kid in the world cup...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Dee adigu wax ma fahantid ninyaho. Waxan ku edhi, hadaan koox laha Lampard ban dooran laha. Kuman odhan Messi is not a great player. I believe Messi is good for Barca because of the team he plays for and the guys he has around him. I don't think he will be as great if he played for any other team (and his national team proves that point). You all have to remember that Ronaldhino was just as great when he played for THAT team and at a similar age. Ronaldhino is not even thirty yet and people are saying he's a spent force.

P.S.

Messi is no Zidane and is never likely to be as good as Zidane. ZZ was a leader of men not just a great player.

War kuwaan ya kubbad baray? :D

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, in Tuujism, everything is possible. We believe in instantanous transformations. Messi can be Zidane, Terry can be Beckenbauer.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Dee adigu wax ma fahantid ninyaho. Waxan ku edhi, hadaan koox laha Lampard ban dooran laha. Kuman odhan Messi is not a great player. I believe Messi is good for Barca because of the team he plays for and the guys he has around him.

What are you saying, if you had a team Messi would not be in it because it would be full of shidh players? :D Come again saaxib, why would Messi not be in your team?

Fact is; Messi's Argentina have done much better compared to Lamp's England. Remember, they failed even to qualify for the Euros.

NGONGE   

^^ His team having done better is one thing, him not shining like he does for Barca is another. Adigu I don't even rate your football opinions ever since you badmouthed our beloved Lucas. Bax warya. :D

AYOUB   

^^ I did say he played well against those French girls. :D Did he play AGAINST Man U? :D

Oz

Dee one does not have to be 'ard to have go at this Ayrab. smile.gif